VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Once in a Lifetime [v1.0] [Caribdis]

1. 5.00 star(s)

___abbas___

amazing writing with a lot of good humor but when it needs to be serious it gets the job done.
    amazing models which are jaw dropping beautiful.
    amazing immersive story.
    well amazing everything to be honest.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

kalya303

Once in a Lifetime is a brilliant VN.
    Great story and humorous writing makes me laugh out loud.
    Every character's hot and I love all of them..
    Decent renders and smooth animations with great pov angle.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

zeroidk

So I wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I did, and I have some critiques hoping it'll get even better. My first playthorugh I did what I always do, just went with what I would in real life, and I ended up just banging Jasmine (iirc? the posh chick) with loads of teasing with the step-sisters which was fun. I really appreciated the variety (saw after going through again actually trying to bang everyone) but when going down my original path, there's an obvious lack of dialogue. I really enjoyed the humor and wasn't expecting to get scared (then laugh) as much as I did, I just found myself wishing for more of the main cast shooting the shit and having some fun group stuff. There's also a sort of info-dump at one point, and the game feels like it loses it's charm a little bit - days just kinda push through for the sake of the plot rather than filling it with some dialogue/slice of life stuff so it feels rushed (specifically after the cathedral and getting into travels/international gun smuggling?? lol). There were also clear moments where the game just skipped ahead a full day because I wasn't already banging one of the characters by that point, for example. I think more dialogue is what's missing most of all, and there's plenty of areas for it as well - at home after school (including some more trivia/netflix/couch teasing/studies/etc), on the train (coming back from the cathedral/going to airport stood out) or during the flight (I mean, mile high club/teasing anyone??). Overall, this game is up there with Waifu Academy for me minus the amount of dialogue. That said, I think it's understandable, as it's clear the dev focused a lot more on working the scenery, clothing and characters and did a great job at it; I just found myself wishing for more to read throughout the game.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Crimsequal

Wow this game one of the best plots in a sex game I've played. I would almost be convinced to play it even without the sex scenes, that's how good it is. On top of that the character designs of the girls are very beautiful and custom. It doesn't look like the stock models that you see in other games. The pacing is great and the game let's you get to the know there characters before throwing into a sex scene. Very well done. My only suggestions would be to add a few more animated angles during sex scenes so that you can really satisfy the anticipation.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

jeter12321

Simple VN style game with an engaging story, hot characters with some personalities, and overall a great game experience. The game doesn't try to do too much and keeps your attention. Mixes in a good amount of humor, sex scenes and actual plot. Looking forward to further updates and more work from dev.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

L3z1l3

This game is a gem!
    I've first tried it with version 0.7.2 and it instantly became one of y favorites.

The game was made with Honey Select, so the graphics might look outdated compared to DAZ games, but Honey Select games have their own charm. Also amongst HS games this one has great graphics. The models are super sexy and cute in multiple sexy clothing, there are lots of varied environments, the sex scenes are hot.
    As for the writing, it is the best part of the game.
    The game is about a young guy in high school who is not a total looser but also not very popular. He needs to improve his grades so he can get into a prestigious university so he needs to take some private lessons from his super smart sisters (patched version) and his hot teacher during which he will get closer to them.
    Additionally he will get involved with a mysterious and sinister organization out for world domination and it will fall on him and his sisters to stop them.
    None of the above is something we've never seen before in other games, what makes this game great however is the great humor and great characters. This is a lighthearted game with lot of unrealistic things not to be taken too seriously, but there are some scenes that could come right from some horror game.
    So the story is interesting and funny enough to keep you wanting more of it while you are trying to be sexually involved with as many hot women as possible.

Update for the final version: The game didn't disappoint. The humor kept up till the end, there were thrilling scenes that you wouldn't expect from an erotic VN and the sex scenes got even more sexy.

If I have to bring up something negative, then the final confrontation against the main villain was a bit underwhelming and I'd have loved to see some threesome/foursome scenes involving Carla and Rebecca on the harem path. The other girls all had theirs but not Carla and Rebecca.
    Also maybe the Astaroth ending could have had a scene with the corrupted girls.

Other than these the game is close to perfect and I can't wait for the developers next project.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Blacknsilver

Playtime: about 12-16 hours.

Characters: The protagonist, his 2 sisters, his mother, his teacher, about 8 other mostly random people. There are 3 main love interests and another 4-5 side-girls. If you want, you can get every single h-scene in a single playthrough. There are 20 of them and about half have minor animations.

Fetishes: A LOT of incest. Almost every single h-scene has to do with incest. Otherwise, mostly vanilla. Handjobs, blowjobs, normal M/F sex. There is one very short non-con scene but you have to go out of your way to see it.

Story: Yep, it's pretty good. Underground conspiracies, scary cults, multiple artifacts that promise eternal life, and so on. There's even a short horror-like scene that feels straight out of Resident Evil.

Overall: Pretty good. Definately 10/10 at the start, tapered down to maybe a 9/10 near the end. My favorite thing about this VN were some of the awesome side-characters and the writer's delightful, cheeky sense of humor.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

N0tSatan

The game knows not to take itself too serious
    it has really fluid nice animations
    random ass funny moments, the story it's intriguing and funny
    Had a blast playing , plus you get to
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    keep up the good work!!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

FunkYou2

Great game so far, really enjoying it! All characters are actually my type (which is somewhat rare) and for me the humor was also quite refreshing. Their indecent and blushing faces are superb!
    Not much else to say, hope it stays on a good pace in terms of development =)
  10. 5.00 star(s)

LSC82

At first i was "i don't need this mysthical BS in my incest game", luckly i kept going because this is one of the most hillarious games i played for a long while, humor is absolutely top notch, characters are adorable and graphics are good.
    This is a very fun way to spend some time.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

Excellent game. The framework, like a ton of games on this site is your simple brother MC incest game. But this game sets itself apart with really nice characters and relationships and some really good humor. Additionally while the framework is standard there is a pretty good story here too with some actual tension and even a few scares. The game can also get pretty dark if you aren't careful with your choices. The animations, models and scenes are all tremendous. A must play for everyone
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Zeinhold

Want an awesome comedy game that has plenty of action, romance, and even more comedy? Come check this game out! It has:

-Comedy, comedy, and more comedy.
    -Serious action scenes
    -Adorable siblings (Or in Patreon-Land, Stepmother's daughters)
    -Beautiful Mother (Or in Patreon-Land Stepmother)
    -Sex scenes with the above for men of true culture
    -A deep plot, with some honest to goodness horror scenes
    -Lots of 'Plot' if you know what I mean.

Check this game out! I mean, the only thing you have to lose is time, since you know, it's free on here. Don't make that stop you from supporting though! This is one of them games that supporting just makes all the sense! I'm personally hoping for a steam release so I can just buy it personally.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

KingWeWuz

It's about time I gave this game a proper review.

Good
    +High quality models
    +Good renders
    +Outstanding story (Nice mix of horror, drama, comedy without ever being too much of one)
    +Fleshed out characters
    +Beautiful animations
    +I actually had fun with the minigames (guess numbers, etc)

Bad
    -One part of the game is a bit tedious and requires backtracking without a solid walkthrough/mod.

This is one of the games where you should just play, stop reading reviews, play the game. It really is just that good.

EDIT: The game is finally done, a public version is released. It's a work of art. It maintains the 5 stars.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Miesjel

Very nice story, freaked me out sometimes. The renders are great, the sex is nice, the buildup to the 18+ scenes is also very playable.

I hope there will be an update soon. I can't wait to know how the story goed on.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Blorbo

One of the best games I've played . Great animations and this happens to be one of very few games that made me giggle and laugh. Characters are likeable, attractive and have a purpose. Rather than most games where they dump as many big titted characters they can make and call it an update.

Amazing game 10/10 only gripe I have is Asmodeus scaring me shitless mid wank.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

jrwizzard

Story is good. The rest is gravy; Animations, artwork, UI all good. TY for sharing your hardwork and time with the rest of us. .72 fixed the only bug I ran into. Cant wait till the next update.

There are a few typos in the dialog, so it could use a once over by a proofreader.

I would like the ability to be able to tell how many hearts each character has at certain points during the game. Making it a part of the dialog would suffice so no UI changes would be needed. It is obvious which parts, so no spoilers needed.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

DiTo

Version 0.7.2

A superb game! I really love the characters, the plot, the writing, the atmosphere, and the animations. One of the things that was particularly notable for me is how well this game seems to be planned out. The evens in the story connect together very logically and transition smoothly. There are very few games that can boast having such a well-written plot. Also, the interplay between serious and comical is a very refreshing touch. The game is very unique. I also love the art and the scenes in this game. In short: I would highly recommend this game.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 894997

Game is quite good, i like the writing and story.
    How ever the sex with the sisters especially comes a bit unnatural.
    It kinda feels like the writer wanted to do a slow burn game, but got pressured in to doing it earlier.
    Cos with both sisters there is this slow build in the beginning, and then all of a sudden its like you take 5 giant leaps out of no where in to blowjob/handjob.
    It just doesnt feel natural at all.
    Even the scene feels rushed, like there is no build up with curiosity really or anything its just:
    S: I wanna practice kissing. (not a over used premise at all)
    MC: Oh okay.
    *Kissing*
    MC: You know we could do more, jerk me off.
    S: Okay sure. (i mean we had 0 sexual tension or interactions before this more than a shopping scene where you saw me in bikini but that totally seems reasonable)

It really comes from no where, and the build up is just lost.
    Kinda the same with the mother, even if its a tiny bit better there.
    But it still feels really rushed all of a sudden.
    Other characters is really the same thing.
    I really wish this wasn't the case, cos it REALLY destroys the whole buildup, but hey what ya gonna do.

The sex scenes could really use some more dialog also, even if there are animations most of them are like 4-5 clicks with a few words on each of the pictures joining the one animation.
    They could really use more dialog, and pictures in general.

The renders and models are okay for being honey select.
    Far from the top games out there, but acceptable.
    Most girls have extremely similar body types tho.
    And the sisters are basically the same body/face with different hair and nipples.
    Characters are lovable, similar in personality but at least not exactly the same.

Story is good, but for being a honey select game, the renders are a bit on the short side. (again, especially in the sex scenes)

Over all its worth a play trough, but it just misses the mark on a few to many places to be given a perfect score.
    Its really sad to, because it has/had such potential, with great writing and the story is actually okay.
    It really could have been GREAT.
    Parts of it is fixable, but the relationship building part is to late to do anything about.

Score: 7/10
  19. 5.00 star(s)

JP77

This game is by far my favorite game on this site. The humor is top notch and the story is interesting., I was genuinely creeped out during the part in the hospital. Thanks Caribdis for all your work on this game, I"ll continue to look forward to new updates.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

fdawshwerb

Just did a full walk-through of the game in two sessions, never tried it before. I must say it was a very pleasant experience and it had me hooked up from start to finish.

Props to the dev! Good amount of humour, story is great and renders are top notch. Animations are bad-ass level.

The grammar is excellent and sentences make sense.

There are some inconsistencies with how the MC is acting towards the girls (not going to spoil) but it does add some interesting encounters I thought, so...

5/5 for sure!