VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Once in a Lifetime [v1.0] [Caribdis]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DiTo

Version 0.7.2

A superb game! I really love the characters, the plot, the writing, the atmosphere, and the animations. One of the things that was particularly notable for me is how well this game seems to be planned out. The evens in the story connect together very logically and transition smoothly. There are very few games that can boast having such a well-written plot. Also, the interplay between serious and comical is a very refreshing touch. The game is very unique. I also love the art and the scenes in this game. In short: I would highly recommend this game.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 894997

Game is quite good, i like the writing and story.
    How ever the sex with the sisters especially comes a bit unnatural.
    It kinda feels like the writer wanted to do a slow burn game, but got pressured in to doing it earlier.
    Cos with both sisters there is this slow build in the beginning, and then all of a sudden its like you take 5 giant leaps out of no where in to blowjob/handjob.
    It just doesnt feel natural at all.
    Even the scene feels rushed, like there is no build up with curiosity really or anything its just:
    S: I wanna practice kissing. (not a over used premise at all)
    MC: Oh okay.
    *Kissing*
    MC: You know we could do more, jerk me off.
    S: Okay sure. (i mean we had 0 sexual tension or interactions before this more than a shopping scene where you saw me in bikini but that totally seems reasonable)

It really comes from no where, and the build up is just lost.
    Kinda the same with the mother, even if its a tiny bit better there.
    But it still feels really rushed all of a sudden.
    Other characters is really the same thing.
    I really wish this wasn't the case, cos it REALLY destroys the whole buildup, but hey what ya gonna do.

The sex scenes could really use some more dialog also, even if there are animations most of them are like 4-5 clicks with a few words on each of the pictures joining the one animation.
    They could really use more dialog, and pictures in general.

The renders and models are okay for being honey select.
    Far from the top games out there, but acceptable.
    Most girls have extremely similar body types tho.
    And the sisters are basically the same body/face with different hair and nipples.
    Characters are lovable, similar in personality but at least not exactly the same.

Story is good, but for being a honey select game, the renders are a bit on the short side. (again, especially in the sex scenes)

Over all its worth a play trough, but it just misses the mark on a few to many places to be given a perfect score.
    Its really sad to, because it has/had such potential, with great writing and the story is actually okay.
    It really could have been GREAT.
    Parts of it is fixable, but the relationship building part is to late to do anything about.

Score: 7/10
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JP77

This game is by far my favorite game on this site. The humor is top notch and the story is interesting., I was genuinely creeped out during the part in the hospital. Thanks Caribdis for all your work on this game, I"ll continue to look forward to new updates.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

fdawshwerb

Just did a full walk-through of the game in two sessions, never tried it before. I must say it was a very pleasant experience and it had me hooked up from start to finish.

Props to the dev! Good amount of humour, story is great and renders are top notch. Animations are bad-ass level.

The grammar is excellent and sentences make sense.

There are some inconsistencies with how the MC is acting towards the girls (not going to spoil) but it does add some interesting encounters I thought, so...

5/5 for sure!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Dipper Pines

This is a great game! I always look forward to playing it when there is a new update. The story is fun and engaging. The renders look good and the animations keep things interesting. I have really enjoyed the dialogue in the game. I have laughed out loud multiple times as I have played it. There are some interesting sound effects and music to go along with everything else. It's easy to play and not hard to follow along to, but still interesting. It is just a really fun game.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Excellent story. The dev has put some serious thought into making this a great VN. The renders are clean, the story is smooth and interesting. The ladies are all sexy.

Overview

The MC comes off as a confused wimp, but it's all a ruse. The characters are well developed and are deep with internal conflict. There are a few instances where you think, WTF but it's minimal. This VN has a serious and humorous plot. Excellent work so far. I highly recommend giving this one a play through. It has loads of content and the adult scenes are plentiful for your enjoyment. Great work to the dev. I look forward to the next update. Keep up the great work
  7. 5.00 star(s)

frozenfeet

I love this game the girls are very sexy. They are fun to be with. the story is great. And the sex scenes are awesome!

Make sure you get the sex scenes with Jasmine too, even though she is a bitch she is a lot of fun.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

vir_cotto

One of the best games you can possibly find in the world of adult games. Really interesting story, excellent incorporation of horror elements (play with your headphones on) - something I didn't see at that quality level apart from professional Japanese H-titles, lots of humour and good laughs...

But one thing that's really raising this game on the whole new level is dev's understanding of film directing. He clearly understands how to create comedy or suspense by using different scenes, or repeating them, or using models' facial expressions.

While that doesn't sound like something important, you'll see while you play this game how much different does that feel compared to other titles.

Also - choices do matter.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

lovehate

For me it was one of those games which appears in latest updates feed sometimes but don't make you want to try it asap. Finally I decided to give it a shot and damn, did not expect at all that it such a gem. The main plot itself may seem a bit clumsy, but dialogs, characters and writing in general are soooo good, caught myself thinking that I don't want it to end. Give it a chance and you won't regret.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Sparenza

TLDR
    Surprisingly interesting story, the references in the beginning are a bot over the top and the puzzles arent that interesting but the rest is great.

Visuals 10/10
    Animation 10/10
    Story 9/10
    Sound/Music 9/10

The Story
    This is a first time for me to see a vn that mixes horror,mistery,and fucking youre sisters in one. The more i played the more i wanted to see what would happen in the story while the fucking sister part was a strong bonus.

The Sprites/Models
    On the cover art for the game the models looked too doll-ish but once in the game they didnt seem too bad and quickly grew on me.

The Animation
    While there isnt much animation except for thr sex scenes its quite good and isnt choppy or laggy with minimal to no cliping

The Music/Sound
    I haven't noticed the music at all but i never felt it was too silent since there were a lot of good ambient noises only a few o which are a bit too long

I havent encountered any bugs.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

povman

Renders 5/5 great renders
    Animated scene 5/5 I love POV animation of this game.
    Story 4/5 humorous writing and good story
    Characters 5/5 Every girl is really good.

Total 5/5 one of the best VN in this site
  12. 5.00 star(s)

iron4doves

Reviewed at v0.6. FYI, this version ends right after the spa with Lauren (last chance for a wank :p )

This game may have not been 100% what I was looking for when I went into it but it was 100% what I wanted when I got out of it. The story is captivating, the characters are enjoyable, the animated scenes are well done, and I literally found myself laughing my ass off multiple times at this. Seriously, don't skip the gameshow bit, damn it is funny as hell.

H games seem to range from 100% H (think games like honey select or super deep throat) or 0% (think of all the shitty unfinished games with no sexual content). I would say this game is...30% H. Lots of the dialog involves sexual tension between MC and his female companions, and while there are plenty of sex scenes they are not rampant. All this is sprinkled in a classic iluminati mystery story that is written well enough.I honestly think this is a good place to be for a story H game.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

iron4doves

Reviewed at v0.6. FYI, this version ends right after the spa with Lauren (last chance for a wank :p )

This game may have not been 100% what I was looking for when I went into it but it was 100% what I wanted when I got out of it. The story is captivating, the characters are enjoyable, the animated scenes are well done, and I literally found myself laughing my ass off multiple times at this. Seriously, don't skip the gameshow bit, damn it is funny as hell.

H games seem to range from 100% H (think games like honey select or super deep throat) or 0% (think of all the shitty unfinished games with no sexual content). I would say this game is...30% H. Lots of the dialog involves sexual tension between MC and his female companions, and while there are plenty of sex scenes they are not rampant. All this is sprinkled in a classic iluminati mystery story that is written well enough.I honestly think this is a good place to be for a story H game.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

elm0

review based on 0.6 version.
    game actualy r mix kinetic novell and choicebased novell, proportion 60/40% or 70/30%. i actualy dnt like that kind of games, so ill add +1 to rating.
    PRO:
    -good renders (found no flaws)
    -good girls images (i dnt like that kind so much, but its just my personal taste)
    -story is present, not great one, but ok. also a bit of mystery/horror is present.
    -simple eng
    CONS:
    -in my taste to few animations
    -imho better translate latin, cuz not all people know that lang and can remember given half/hour ago translation (i mean like this: latin_latin(lala_translation) )
    -damn hospital... w/o mod or wt u can spend half/hour for that puzzle.

in my taste its mean rating near 3.7-3.8, then add +1 (cuz that type novell not my favorite). mby thats unfair a bit, but i played in that game and no regrens, instead i got some pleasure.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

AlexG33

Several aspects in this one should put me of (pseudo-incest, school setting, visuals) but somehow, in spite of these problems (for me), the game still clicks nicely, which i think it speaks highly of the authors. As many have said before me, the writing is great and really funny at many moments. Also, the female models are good enough (the teacher is great!), and the facial expresions and the animations add a lot to the team. I'm sure it has been already mentioned before, but a minor detail as the disheveled look of the ladies at some points is a good example as how to push sex scenes in a good direction.

My kudos to the author.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

galora

Fucking hell, I'm pretty sure this is the most fun I've had playing a VN!
    Awesome job, renders are not out of this world but clean, well done and very coherent!
    The story is pretty fun, and I really like the characters, the sex scenes are also above par.

Best of all the humour... Won't say more, play the game you will not be disappointed!
    @Caribdis thank you!!!! :love:
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Ordolph

The writing in this game kills me, the combination of visual gags and dialogue make this one of the few erotic VNs that I'm actually interested in reading the dialogue. The resolution is VERY good (it looks excellent even in fullscreen on a 1440p monitor) and the framerates of the animations are the highest I've seen of any VN like this (although it looks like they're using an illusion game for the animations and rendering, so that helps).

My only gripe with the game is actually with the sex scenes, each scene is only composed of one camera angle and for the most part one animation played at different speeds. I would say adding a few different camera angles during these scenes would really give them a boost with minimal effort. With some improvements in that area I would feel pretty good about giving it a 5!

Overall I'd say it's definitely something worth taking the time to play, and I look forward to where the dev takes it!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

This is a good game with cute girls. Characters are well written and fun. Renders are nice I'm not fan of the artstyle but it is fit for this story. Lewd scenes are hot. If we see the whole game overall I can say worth to play.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Singleminded

This game is phenomenal, some of the hottest girls and funniest writing I've ever seen. The story develops at a satisfying pace. The central mystery of the game is intriguing without being unnecessarily complicated. The teacher character is especially great, but all the characters have unique and memorable personalities.

As stated previously, the humor of the game is really good. I actually laughed out loud at parts.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

nnt25

Excellent game

slow build but a horny build you get blue balls this last update was satisfying
    The girls are incredibly hot
    the story gives you kinky fleur especially the dynamic between the MC and girls

I hope we can get more hot scenes in the next update