noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
General question for the F 95 community. I'm considering starting to use the block feature, so I don't have to deal with anything I don't want to. I'm thinking this would be a really health for me. However, here's the rub. I won't be able to see trolls who are spreading misinformation about the game or myself. So is there a way to combat that? Thank you for your feedback, for anyone who replies and if I get trolled on this post, whoever does it will probably be the first on the list to block. Thanks!

I guess my main concern about doing it is anyone I block can say anything they want about whatever and I' ll be none the wiser.
Sorry, Zoey. Never again shall I darken your door.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Oh cool, that actually sounds pretty nice. I'm not sure I'm going to start doing it yet. Just kinda weighing my options. I figured if I used the block function I would want to come view the thread more, because there would be less undesirable content to look at etc... Or shit that just makes me not wanna come on.
If there's someone you've put on blocked list and they comment, there's text notifying that you aren't seeing their comments down bottom, near the chatbox, that you can click to see the blocked users temporarily and see what they spew on about.

Reactions: Zoey Raven

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
If there's someone you've put on blocked list and they comment, there's text notifying that you aren't seeing their comments down bottom, near the chatbox, that you can click to see the blocked users temporarily and see what they spew on about.
Nice, that's all good information I wasn't aware of. That makes my decision a lot easier! I would guess there's also an option to unblock as well. So, I can just block someone temporarily and then give them another chance if I want to at a later time.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I'm considering starting to use the block feature, so I don't have to deal with anything I don't want to.
Just do it. Many devs left this board because of some noisy toxic crowd. If they would have just ignored the trolls with the Ignore function they wouldn't have to deal with such scum. Sure, the trolls wouldn't leave but Mommysbuttslut said it correct: other users will deal with them.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
General question for the F 95 community. I'm considering starting to use the block feature, so I don't have to deal with anything I don't want to. I'm thinking this would be a really health for me. However, here's the rub. I won't be able to see trolls who are spreading misinformation about the game or myself. So is there a way to combat that? Thank you for your feedback, for anyone who replies and if I get trolled on this post, whoever does it will probably be the first on the list to block. Thanks!

I guess my main concern about doing it is anyone I block can say anything they want about whatever and I' ll be none the wiser.
You can ask the Mods to thread ban someone if they are actually spamming and stuff.
I got thread banned from Chasing Sunsets for pointing out some plot holes and obvious flaws in the story multiple times, and was banned for trolling. Apparently Chasing Sunsets is perfect and I made them up :LOL:

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Below is just a small example of why you don't have a lot of devs on here anymore, and the general lean towards hate on the internet. In the spoiler are two reviews. I've crossed out the names, but the point I'd like to make is what I circled. You can see the negative review got 14 likes, and the positive review got exactly 1 and it was me who did it.

So, while this isn't the whole community, there's certainly a ra ra brotherhood of folks on here who just love the hell out of someones negative opinion of whatever, it doesn't really matter. This example I take from my thread, but you need only go to another one to see the repetition of this trend. So, anyway, point made I guess. It would be a whole different story if they allowed us to respond like on Amazon for instance, but you can't even do that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Horny Toad

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Below is just a small example of why you don't have a lot of devs on here anymore, and the general lean towards hate on the internet. In the spoiler are two reviews. I've crossed out the names, but the point I'd like to make is what I circled. You can see the negative review got 14 likes, and the positive review got exactly 1 and it was me who did it.

So, while this isn't the whole community, there's certainly a ra ra brotherhood of folks on here who just love the hell out of someones negative opinion of whatever, it doesn't really matter. This example I take from my thread, but you need only go to another one to see the repetition of this trend. So, anyway, point made I guess. It would be a whole different story if they allowed us to respond like on Amazon for instance, but you can't even do that.

Yeah, unfortunately I see this on a lot of threads, you'll often times see repeat names liking negative reviews as well, which is something I noticed. The hateful hivemind love to just attach themselves to anything negative that they can, unless it's for their favorite game(s) of course.

I don't think the writing is perfect in this game by any means, I do think sometimes the characters seem to be mind readers, even characters that haven't known each other that long are finishing each other's sentences. I've seen this practice in other games though, and it never really bothered me. There's also lots of focus on emphasis, which doesn't bother me as much as it did in the past, but was one of the nitpicks I had. However, overall I think the game is written really well, and the story and characters are both very compelling. I've enjoyed my time with the game, and still need to catch up, which is actually what I'm currently doing.

Screw the haters, just keep doing you, plenty of people love the story you've created. :)

Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Yeah, unfortunately I see this on a lot of threads, you'll often times see repeat names liking negative reviews as well, which is something I noticed. The hateful hivemind love to just attach themselves to anything negative that they can, unless it's for their favorite game(s) of course.

I don't think the writing is perfect in this game by any means, I do think sometimes the characters seem to be mind readers, even characters that haven't known each other that long are finishing each other's sentences. I've seen this practice in other games though, and it never really bothered me. There's also lots of focus on emphasis, which doesn't bother me as much as it did in the past, but was one of the nitpicks I had. However, overall I think the game is written really well, and the story and characters are both very compelling. I've enjoyed my time with the game, and still need to catch up, which is actually what I'm currently doing.

Screw the haters, just keep doing you, plenty of people love the story you've created. :)
See even while your post was mostly positive, you still couldn't resist adding some negativity. Which is cool, I'm not offended. I don't agree with you (or I'd be writing things exactly how you or everybody else who has a qualm wants them to be written which isn't possible.), but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

At least you had the balls to say it to my face instead of hiding behind the hate squad people we were both talking about.

I'll never please all of you and guess what I'm not trying. But the hate on here is indeed out of control and the mods do little or nothing to stop it. In fact they are some of the worst offenders.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

• Haha

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
See even while your post was mostly positive, you still couldn't resist adding some negativity. Which is cool, I'm not offended. I don't agree with you (or I'd be writing things exactly how you or everybody else who has a qualm wants them to be written which isn't possible.), but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

At least you had the balls to say it to my face instead of hiding behind the hate squad people we were both talking about.

I'll never please all of you and guess what I'm not trying. But the hate on here is indeed out of control and the mods do little or nothing to stop it. In fact they are some of the worst offenders.
Yeah, but I was only giving my constructive feedback, not trying to be hateful or to bring you down. That's the key difference, and I actually really enjoy your game, and once I'm caught up, I'll be sure to leave a review. Which as of right now would be 5 stars, and I doubt that will change by the time I'm caught up, considering my only real criticisms are nitpicky to begin with. ;)

I also agree that the moderation on here can be iffy at times to say the least, I see some negativity go unpunished, while sometimes genuine discussion of certain topics, even if they aren't off-topic, get nuked to oblivion, it's pretty inconsistent.

I will say, that anytime I've reported lack-luster review bombers, they have been dealt with pretty swiftly, so the moderation isn't all a lost cause. :p

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Yeah, but I was only giving my constructive feedback, not trying to be hateful or to bring you down. That's the key difference, and I actually really enjoy your game, and once I'm caught up, I'll be sure to leave a review. Which as of right now would be 5 stars, and I doubt that will change by the time I'm caught up, considering my only real criticisms are nitpicky to begin with. ;)

I also agree that the moderation on here can be iffy at times to say the least, I see some negativity go unpunished, while sometimes genuine discussion of certain topics, even if they aren't off-topic, get nuked to oblivion, it's pretty inconsistent.

I will say, that anytime I've reported lack-luster review bombers, they have been dealt with pretty swiftly, so the moderation isn't all a lost cause. :p
Maybe they're better now than they used to be, I don't know. But, when I had to deal with them, when I was posting walkthroughs and mods a lot, they were not kind people. There was a real ego superiority complex with many of them. Not all but many, and I tried to go to the ones that were nice, there are a few.

Reactions: SlapE

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

I personally never use the review system here, I am extremely picky when it comes to VNs and I don't think I ever played one that's a "5 star" for my taste and I don't want to mess up someone's rating just because I am a snob.
The thing is, it goes both ways, some games got such passionate fan bases that if you say something negative about their favorite game you will be branded as a troll and people will report your posts just because you had the audacity to dislike their favorite VN.
Happened to me with one of the most liked VNs here, people lost their mind when I dared to poke holes in the bullshit plot of their favorite VN.

Ancandune

Sep 3, 2022

Opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Just keep following your vision and don't feed the trolls. :)

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
Ok, I'll risk it. There was a famous personality one time who said, "I don't care what people say about me as long as they are saying something."

In your case, it might be that you feel defensive of your creative efforts. Most artists would. But what you really want is for people to be noticing and funding your efforts, right? My opinion is that it helps in that effort to allow people to say what they think. And the more they notice, the more they talk, and the more they talk, the more they fund. People being as they are.

There you go, my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
As I've got a back log of 5 weeks , I've just played Ch 16. As usual, a lot of tears and a lot of laughter aka a very good and enjoyable story, which is a big understatement. That's the reason I have this as a banner in my profile. Keep up the good work, which I know you'll do, and a lot of love from Sweden. (y)

4.50 star(s) 130 Votes