Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Depends on the book.
Back when i was in school, i worked almost exclusively like this, but the stuff we were supposed to read was really bad.... :LOL:
Anything you read of your own volition is always better than anything you are assigned to read. No matter how good the book. I've went back and re-read things from college, just so I was doing it for my own enjoyment instead of having to analyze and notate every damn thing in it. You pretty much miss the essence and flow of any story when you're forced to do that.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
True words of a philosopher!
But I tried that too, and finally came to the conclusion that our teachers at that time probably had the art of picking the worst out of millions of books.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
True words of a philosopher!
But I tried that too, and finally came to the conclusion that our teachers at that time probably had the art of picking the worst out of millions of books.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. :)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Most past ideology is based on conquest. That of the minds - the 10 commandmends.
That of the body - 1st world war + 2nd world war.
Nobody should want to deepen their knowledge of the holocaust and the practices there evidenced,
but your cia and fbi lunatics use the very same tactics to overthrow governments around the globe.
All of it while we laugh and watch bond murder everyone with as little evidence as : I see you = I kill you.

Happy gaming!

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
After playing it for a while, I'm pretty convinced this should be tagged harem.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I've spoken about this in the thread and in the OP. If you don't get points with the girls you don't get sex with them other than a few freebies in the beginning. Lydia being the exception, and then there are a few times you can screw that up. It will have harem ending, but they won't all be living together. So, that's not a true harem. Glad you gave the game a shot! Thanks as well for commenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrFree and timpo

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I've spoken about this in the thread and in the OP. If you don't get points with the girls you don't get sex with them other than a few freebies in the beginning. Lydia being the acception, and then there are a few times you can screw that up. It will have harem ending, but they won't all be living together. So, that's not a true harem. Glad you gave the game a shot! Thanks as well for commenting.
Here is the F95 tag rule for Harem:
  • Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]
Unless Zoey is planning a 3-on-1, this tag doesn't apply.

I guess there needs to be a tag where the MC gets to screw everybody and doesn't have to choose just one or two, and nobody gets upset. :D Kind of like the way Zoey writes his mods. ;)

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Here is the F95 tag rule for Harem:
  • Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]
Unless Zoey is planning a 3-on-1, this tag doesn't apply.

I guess there needs to be a tag where the MC gets to screw everybody and doesn't have to choose just one or two, and nobody gets upset. :D Kind of like the way Zoey writes his mods. ;)
It says simultanously, but that doesn't refer to a sex act, but the relationship.
Basically, have a sexual relationship with 3 people, with all of them aware of it. A foursome would tag "group sex.

Think about this plot: some guy pays in a brothel to fuck 3 prostitutes at the same time. Would this be harem? No, it's group sex only. You don't have a relationship with them.
Another situation: like in summertime saga, you can go around a have relationships with several different women, but most aren't aware of you screwing others.
It wasn't until, in the story, MC's "landlady" her sister, and MC's "roommate" were aware of MC's relationship with the others that it qualified as harem.

Also, F95 seems pretty lax with the tag, as they allow it if there will be content like this in the future, or if just 2 girls are aware of the relationship.
From what I get, these last 2 fit for this game, so I'm quite sure they would allow it.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It says simultanously, but that doesn't refer to a sex act, but the relationship.
Actually it does: all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously. Are we really going to get into a discussion about what 'simultaneously' means? Are you Bill Clinton? :) 'Simultaneously' is defined as 'at the same time'. So the rule could be rewritten as: all engaging in consensual sex at the same time.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Actually it does: all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously. Are we really going to get into a discussion about what 'simultaneously' means? Are you Bill Clinton? :) 'Simultaneously' is defined as 'at the same time'. So the rule could be rewritten as: all engaging in consensual sex at the same time.
All engaging in sex simultaneously but nothing says with each other, and it doesn't say engaging in sex acts simultaneously. Having sex is a relationship state as well as an active action, if you're having sex with girl a and then you go sleep with girl b then you're having sex with them simultaneously even if you aren't engaging in sex acts with them simultaneously. Otherwise almost nothing on this site would get the harem tag. If 3 others are courting the MC and the MC has a sexual relationship with all 3 of them simultaneously then the tag fits. You're just being pedantic at this point, it's obvious what it actually means even if the wording is ambiguous.

Reactions: DrFree

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You're just being pedantic at this point
Probably. :unsure:

it's obvious what it actually means even if the wording is ambiguous.
I don't usually think of things as being 'obvious' and 'ambiguous' at the same time. :)

But, since all these tags are open to the interpretation of the moderators and seem to change on a game-by-game basis, I'm not interested in arguing the matter. Whatever happens in THIS game, I'm sure I'll be happy with it, regardless of the tags.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleFredo

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
As far as the harem thing goes, I'm gonna make One Day at a Time and let people think what they want. I don't think it's a harem game, so that's why I've not tagged it as such. It will have solo endings for most of the girls (That's not very harem). Harem to me is not girls being OK with your boning someone else.

Examples of harem games, Harem Hotel, Sisterly Lust, etc... Those are harem games, where they all live together. I don't make this game for F 95. I make if for my patrons and myself. It gets here when it goes public. So whatever the definition is I don't really care, but from the way Walter Victor posted it, I don't feel my game fits into that. That's the last I'll say on the subject. I've went of longer than I wanted to anyway. I have images to postwork and a scene to write.

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
As far as the harem thing goes, I'm gonna make One Day at a Time and let people think what they want. I don't think it's a harem game, so that's why I've not tagged it as such. It will have solo endings for most of the girls (That' not very harem). Harem to me is not girls being OK with your boning someone else.

Examples of harem games, Harem Hotel, Sisterly Lust, etc... Those are harem games, where they all live together. I don't make this game for F 95. I make if for my patrons and myself. It gets here when it goes public. So whatever the definition is I don't really care, but form the way Walter Victor posted it, I don't feel my game fits into that. That's the last I'll say on the subject. I've went of longer than I wanted to anyway. I have images to postwork and a scene to write.
It's your VN and a pretty damn fine one at that, so just follow your vision. Seriously, IMHO you're creating one of the best VNs here, and the story is one helluva more demanding than most. Love your work.

California Doc

Donor
Nov 14, 2019
Like so many others here, I've been the beneficiary of the many mods by Zoey. I just stumbled across this by accident -- never knew he had created a VN. Because what I've come to expect from Zoey are flawless, easy to use mods I had to try it.

I can't decide if I'm glad I chose to do so or not.

I'm still playing it but already I'm sick to my stomach and sweating. Not because the game is no good but because it's so f^&%ing real. As I play this game, I'm back at 22 October, 1982. One of the darkest days of my life -- and that includes 3 tours in Viet Nam. It was the day before I got clean and sober. And if Zoey's project can have that effect on a hard nosed, meeting going, Big Book thumpin', old timer like me (if I don't drink or die it'll be 40 years this October) -- well, hell, he's doing something right.

So, win, loose or draw, Zoey -- keep it up. And more importantly: keep comin' back.

Me? I think I'm going to go have lunch with my sponsor. ;)

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Like so many others here, I've been the beneficiary of the many mods by Zoey. I just stumbled across this by accident -- never knew he had created a VN. Because what I've come to expect from Zoey are flawless, easy to use mods I had to try it.

I can't decide if I'm glad I chose to do so or not.

I'm still playing it but already I'm sick to my stomach and sweating. Not because the game is no good but because it's so f^&%ing real. As I play this game, I'm back at 22 October, 1982. One of the darkest days of my life -- and that includes 3 tours in Viet Nam. It was the day before I got clean and sober. And if Zoey's project can have that effect on a hard nosed, meeting going, Big Book thumpin', old timer like me (if I don't drink or die it'll be 40 years this October) -- well, hell, he's doing something right.

So, win, loose or draw, Zoey -- keep it up. And more importantly: keep comin' back.

Me? I think I'm going to go have lunch with my sponsor. ;)
Always nice to meet a friend of Bill.

California Doc

Donor
Nov 14, 2019
BTW, the second half of the game is much more focused on recovery, that's not to says shit isn't going to happen, but just FYI.
Well, the first part is kinda like the "drunkologue" at the start of a speaker meeting (mine takes about a minute: "Yeah, I drank and drugged just like you. Big deal. Now let me tell you what it's been like since...") but even so, there's a hellova lot of program in it.

And "...not to say shit isn't going to happen..." Ahhhh -- ya' think? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

4.50 star(s) 128 Votes