balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
Well that's thoroughly disappointing :p
Yeah, it'd be more interesting if it did go into that a bit, but it just...doesn't.

There are a number of better ones with a similar premise that do, like Muriyari!? Otome Days and Rui wa Tomo o Yobu, but those aren't translated. It's always the blandest ones that get English releases.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
wait so do i have to use torrent or is mega working now? i wanna know before i waste the time downloading from mega

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Fun fact: You can extract .iso into a normal folder structure
Not-Fun fact: I only learnt that I had uploaded 11GB on my 60Mb connection and F95 has rules to pack files into zips first
Thanks for sharing.

However without the file otoboku.exe the zip archive seems useless. Can you upload the missing "otoboku.exe" (as single file), too, so that people don't have to re-download everything?

Edit :
I found the exe on another site which is specialized on translated eroges and where the english version was shared in 2012 shortly after release.
I checked the file with my antivirus software and it caused no alarm and after completing setup I had no problems playing the game.
Since other people report otobuko.exe as a trojan (or a false positive), download the exe at your own risk.

Extract the zip to a folder.
Copy the otoboku.exe (see attachment) into the folder.
Use Setup.exe to properly install the game.
Play

Moderator Note: the attached .exe file trips up a number of virus detectors:

Please use with caution and best judgment before running this in your environment.
DO NOT disable your antivirus software for a game.
At best, you might consider adding otoboku.exe as an allowed exception to your antivirus configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
For anyone having issue of installing the game, moving it, and receiving a 'not installed' error. Go to the registry listed here:
Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3791572464-805016328-1006391254-1001\Software\Caramel-Box\OTOMEHABOKUNIKOISHITERU
and change the install folder.

nos4r3

Mar 20, 2018
Great game play a while back Takako definitely best girl for me her route also most enjoyable

MoPoRoNo

Apr 17, 2020
grandfather final wish: attend all-girls school

thats aaalll. lol
There are a decent number of visual novels with the same concept of trap protagonist going to an all-girls school: . This one happens to be one of the earliest examples.

Reactions: tacosnap123

fendall

Apr 13, 2019
I disable 'Windows Security' (Windows 10 virus scanner) and Malwarebytes (Malware scanner) It wasn't flagging the install with a Trojen.... Then I try to install after unzipping and still get the same error message "error cannot read otoboku.exe" could it be a path issue, does the install path need to be in a specific drive? e.g. c:/drive....
No I tried it on all my drives same on each

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
No I tried it on all my drives same on each
The installation simply fails because the file otoboku.exe is not in the zip-archive / folder with installation files. Add it from a different source and the installation is successful and you can play. (see my post above for otoboku.exe)

gshaxmyuc

May 22, 2020
The installation simply fails because the file otoboku.exe is not in the zip-archive / folder with installation files. Add it from a different source and the installation is successful and you can play. (see my post above for otoboku.exe)
that comes out as trojan though

Loku

Jul 23, 2017
Decent game, has some great characters (MC is absolute chad) but the girls routes are rather lacking with the exception of Takako which I greatly enjoyed (would recommend the download just for her route) which was stark contrast to Shion route which was imo awful thanks to 2 of my most hated cliches being involved even though her character was great.

Routes:
Takako >> Kana > Mariya > Yukari > Shion

Girls:
Makoto > Takako > Shion > Kana = Yukari > Mariya

Didnt include Ichiko because I have not played her route.

Last edited:

adam~

Mar 1, 2018
play this game quite some time ago and in chinese translation, game art is a bit old. but YOU CAN BE ARA ARA,so 10 of out 10 maybe for sister lover