VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
The dev had been before this, though. That's the reason for concern.
I genuinely am starting to be quite concerned. It's okay to miss a deadline and having to delay the update release, but not giving any explanation, or any update news at all for quite a while now, that's unusual of this dev, hence why I'm concerned.
If there are issues going on in the dev's personal life, I hope it's nothing too serious and gets them sorted out.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
the update is out for the patreons its been said earlier in this thread, its supposed to hit just after valentines for us plebians

Reactions: Eerie Entity

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
the update is out for the patreons its been said earlier in this thread, its supposed to hit just after valentines for us plebians
Nope. As far as i know, the dev missed the deadline for the patreon version too. I mean no posts on patreon about the new update and the main page has not been updated yet.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Yeah but the last post was Jan 31st, and if a game/update is released, it would be mentioned on the page, it would be up on the Patreon page for Patrons of sufficient tier to get it, and it's entirely normal that one of the Patrons that is to get the game first, would leak it here.
But I suppose it's also possible that the game has already been given to the Patrons in all silence and secrecy and we don't know it, but I'd think that'd be a bit odd.

Whichever the case, I hope we get the update soon, and that all is good in dev's personal life and that there's nothing to worry about :)

Mohawk01

Mar 30, 2018

Unlocked

Hello guys and girls,

We’re sorry it has taken so long to get back with everyone… Unfortunately, it has taken more time than we expected to work out what we would like the players to experience in the next release of Our Fate. So, although we have made progress on release 0.13, there are still scenes that we are not happy with, and this will cause a delay of the T4 release until Feb 24th. Of course, we will work hard to release 0.13 earlier if possible.
Fortunately, there is a bit of a silver lining to the delay. It has forced us to look at the progression of the storylines and put together a more detailed plan for Claire and the other characters of Our Fate so that all four major paths can reach their conclusion in August or September this year.
We want to thank everyone again for your continued support of Our Fate. Without your support, we would never have been able to take on this type of project.
Celeste and Cedsense.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
Bummer that it's a couple of weeks away, but it's good to get confirmation that it's still progressing.

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
When they stopped the pledge for one month they didn't need to rush in February indeed. But I don't understand why fulcrum shared the opposite information so confidently... :unsure:
Could fulcrum share the source of information with us? ;)

the update is pushed back to 15th. cheese, kids. its not the end of the world.

Reactions: paladin07

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Feb 13 at 5:50am
Unlocked
Progress report. (Our Fate 0.13 Update)

Hello guys and girls,

We’re sorry it has taken so long to get back with everyone… Unfortunately, it has taken more time than we expected to work out what we would like the players to experience in the next release of Our Fate. So, although we have made progress on release 0.13, there are still scenes that we are not happy with, and this will cause a delay of the T4 release until Feb 24th. Of course, we will work hard to release 0.13 earlier if possible.

Fortunately, there is a bit of a silver lining to the delay. It has forced us to look at the progression of the storylines and put together a more detailed plan for Claire and the other characters of Our Fate so that all four major paths can reach their conclusion in August or September this year.

We want to thank everyone again for your continued support of Our Fate. Without your support, we would never have been able to take on this type of project.

Celeste and Cedsense.
Thanks for the news, much appreciated! Now the worries can be put to rest and just patiently wait for the release date :)

Reactions: netsrac

paladin07

May 28, 2017
When they stopped the pledge for one month they didn't need to rush in February indeed. But I don't understand why fulcrum shared the opposite information so confidently... :unsure:
Could fulcrum share the source of information with us? ;)
I think the earlier post by the Dev said the gold tier patreons get the game on 2.8,the lowest tier gets on 2/15, so he was assuming that was the reason we did not have it here. Of course, if you go the Patreon page, you see no posts, locked or otherwise, from Jan 27 (when he announced the pause for Feb pledges) and his post today (last night) saying that the date is moved to 2/24. that's the highest tier date.

Reactions: drowsy and mercytea

MSNlover95

Sep 26, 2018
how is silver the lining?? august september mean very little contents after you finally fucked daughter then.. why that these game always ending so short after first fucking the only womans you actually wanted to make it the fuck with??? boom finally fuck fuck update now is done so please waiting for our next games and repeat the blueing of the balls!! o_O:sick::mad::poop:(n)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
how is silver the lining?? august september mean very little contents after you finally fucked daughter then.. why that these game always ending so short after first fucking the only womans you actually wanted to make it the fuck with??? boom finally fuck fuck update now is done so please waiting for our next games and repeat the blueing of the balls!! o_O:sick::mad::poop:(n)
Then you clearly haven't played enough games if that's what you think they all are.
Yes, some of them are like that, but not all, and I think you should wait and see what happens before you get overly worked up about something that hasn't even happened yet and start throwing tantrums.
This game right here so far has been written very well and it has a realistic touch and approach to things, highly doubtful that once we get the H-scene with the daughter, game would end there. No, believe it or not, but there is more to the story than just the relationship with the father and daughter, it does have more depth than that, so just be patient and don't be so quick to judge. :p

215303j

Thanks for the update!
Personally I am glad the devs take a bit of time to think everything through and come up with a good plan.

MSNlover95

Sep 26, 2018
Then you clearly haven't played enough games if that's what you think they all are.
Yes, some of them are like that, but not all, and I think you should wait and see what happens before you get overly worked up about something that hasn't even happened yet and start throwing tantrums.
This game riht here so far has been written very well and it has a realistic touch and approach to things, highly doubtful that once we get the H-scene with the daughter, game would end there. No, believe it or not, but there is more to the story than just the relationship with the father and daughter, it does have more depth than that, so just be patient and don't be so quick to judge. :p
i play most them all and these how they is not even half total update with actual fuck the character you is get the blue balls for and this games are same if you can do it the basic maths because still no make fuck with her the daughter yet game said to be more than half complete by own dev since will end august september!! yet you say to me these things such throwing tantrums and quick to judge for stating simple fact?? maybe stop being it the mean troll who cannot handle it the truth when you own think not take away from reality here :rolleyes:

U

User_10739

Feb 13 at 5:50am
Unlocked
Progress report. (Our Fate 0.13 Update)

Hello guys and girls,

Celeste and Cedsense.
I am actually a patron of this game, not the highest tier of course but I do support the games I love with what I can. The update was held back a month & Ced felt bad about missing a deadline and paused his patreon so that his peeps didn't get charged with nothing to show for it, (which is unlike a bunch of others that go dark for month after month while cashing our checks). I know you all are jonesing for the answer to what happened to MC after being run the fuck over and you will find out at the end of this month. (On a positive note, only 28 days in Feb)

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
i play most them all and these how they is not even half total update with actual fuck the character you is get the blue balls for and this games are same if you can do it the basic maths because still no make fuck with her the daughter yet game said to be more than half complete by own dev since will end august september!! yet you say to me these things such throwing tantrums and quick to judge for stating simple fact?? maybe stop being it the mean troll who cannot handle it the truth when you own think not take away from reality here :rolleyes:
For some reason I do not believe that Eerie is the troll here.

Nuffy

May 5, 2018
While you have a point that, assuming things continue at the same pace, with the same development cycle, we are over halfway through the game, and that would indicate a potential dearth of sexual content with the daughter, what you are in fact doing is 'extrapolating,' which is a far cry from 'stating a fact.' There may be any number of factors that we are not aware of. Perhaps the development cycle is expected to accelerate, and there will be more content in future updates than there has been so far. Perhaps some of the characters' stories are over, and the devs can focus more on the daughter now. Perhaps they've already finished 18 sex scenes with the daughter, and the holdup is that they haven't finished the scenes that get you there. I'm not saying any of this is true, I'm merely saying it's possible. While you have a legitimate concern, stating it in an overly-combative manner serves only to enflame tempers.

MSNlover95

Sep 26, 2018
For some reason I do not believe that Eerie is the troll here.
troll by it the truth you poor thing how mean reality be troll to you.. is not of my fault you doesn't liking the fact :rolleyes:
While you have a point that, assuming things continue at the same pace, with the same development cycle, we are over halfway through the game, and that would indicate a potential dearth of sexual content with the daughter, what you are in fact doing is 'extrapolating,' which is a far cry from 'stating a fact.' There may be any number of factors that we are not aware of. Perhaps the development cycle is expected to accelerate, and there will be more content in future updates than there has been so far. Perhaps some of the characters' stories are over, and the devs can focus more on the daughter now. Perhaps they've already finished 18 sex scenes with the daughter, and the holdup is that they haven't finished the scenes that get you there. I'm not saying any of this is true, I'm merely saying it's possible. While you have a legitimate concern, stating it in an overly-combative manner serves only to enflame tempers.
ok so when it the games end we have words about how you wrong and me right then.. you say it these thing of me extrapolating when you do these thing by assume release in month change but me only take dev at word instead which not these thing extrapolating! you have big nerve!! you call on me what you is do and other person say mean thing on me and me is combative for honest words??? ok :rolleyes:

U

User_10739

Nobody is trolling here yet and if they were they'd get spanked, having said that, not every dev has some magical formula to tell their story. Some deliver pussy in v0.01 some like a slow tease or a super slow tease. If the game is not moving along to your satisfaction move on to something different. God knows how long I waited to bang D in DMD but I did wait and it was awesome! In a couple of days from now I'm gonna do even worse things to her (fingers crossed). All in all, let the story unfold, if it isn't for you, try something else. Lord knows there are enough games on this site with every kink imaginable (except for rule 7 of course) Or if you like this game but don't like the pace come back to it in a few updates to see if it is where you want it to be at.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Nobody is trolling here yet and if they were they'd get spanked, having said that, not every dev has some magical formula to tell their story. Some deliver pussy in v0.01 some like a slow tease or a super slow tease. If the game is not moving along to your satisfaction move on to something different. God knows how long I waited to bang D in DMD but I did wait and it was awesome! In a couple of days from now I'm gonna do even worse things to her (fingers crossed). All in all, let the story unfold, if it isn't for you, try something else. Lord knows there are enough games on this site with every kink imaginable (except for rule 7 of course) Or if you like this game but don't like the pace come back to it in a few updates to see if it is where you want it to be at.
As right and logical as that is, that doesn't stop everyone from voicing their strong and sometimes forceful opinions and potentially projecting that onto others does it?

Problem is the different expectations of game/VN players translates into quite varying degrees of emotions. If everyone were able to keep their stuff together and look at things objectively then they'd easily see your point. We both know that's not the case is it?

Despite that, there's no denying that things do happen during the development cycle and for those who do think that development has to be on time and on plan every time, I'd encourage you to try your hand at being a dev trying to render using extremely high end rigs from scratch (Plus buying assets etc that you need), having some Python training or enough coding experience to understand when things go wrong in Ren'Py/Unity/RPGM and having a story that no-one else has heard of. If you have all of those skills and are able to pump out content on a consistent basis all the time then I'll be sure to support you. Till then please try that out and see.

Every story is different with different pacing and as @Kasey said you're more than welcome to see if there's another game that takes your fancy because it just means it's not your type of story. That's fine. Keep an open mind and don't think that your opinion's the only right opinion.

EDIT: I just re-read @Eerie Entity's post again and @Eerie Entity's normally much more diplomatic (To be fair that's a fairly diplomatic response already) but for what it's worth it's not a bad attempt. You know better @Eerie Entity :p

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes