VN Ren'Py Our Fate: Remake (Dev Thread)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
OurFate Continues Banner.png
Hello, i'm trying to do a remake/mod (a continuation) of the "Our Fate" game.
Seems like the dev is gone for good, the only thing I could do in this case is to continue the game as a unofficial "mod" just in case the dev comes back (doubt it) and he/she wants to finish the game.

The Our Fate Remake has been abandoned per request from the original author. Apologies to everyone who was looking forward to it, but at least the project brought V19XX and L7Bear together as a development team. We are currently developing a brand new game.
LOST AT BIRTH - GAME

I decided to Upload a CG pack of most of the renders I did for the game, hope you like it:
A pack of lewd scenes from the Our Fate remake. Hope you like it.
Please consider keeping your support for our new game "Lost at Birth".
There's a teaser inside the the zip file. Regards.

The stuff I post here is work in progress.

Original Creator
: CedSense
Original Game: Our Fate - A new Family

Looking for a proofreader/writer to help polish and improve the dialogs
The game has now a writer

(12/09/21)
*Flash SFX* XBOX GUY VOICE: WORLD PREMIERE
Here's a preview of some scenes, hope you like it.
Game_Preview_01.jpg Game_Preview_02.jpg Game_Preview_03.jpg OFC_preview01_10-10-21.jpg OFC_preview02_10-10-21.jpg
RENDERING PHASE
29/08/21 - 08/10/21
renders175suffix.png
30/08/21
The journey begins.

Our_Fate_Remake_Beach_Parking_01.png

CHARACTERS REMAKE
CLAIRE
(25/08/21) Final Version
Claire_Hair_Test_Final 25_08_21.png OurFate_Claire_Final_Front_Complete_Casual.png OurFate_Claire_Final_Front_Complete_Bikini.png OurFate_Claire_Final_Front_Complete_Bikini_angle_ball.png
MAIN CHARACTER
(28/08/21) Final Version
MC_Front_Serious.png MC_Front_Near.png MC_Front_Smile.png MC_Angle_Pissed.png
ANNA
(28/08/21)
Anna_Front_wtf.png Anna_Front_Cute_Pose.png Anna_Angle_Happy.png Anna_Front_Looking_Something.png Anna_front_bikini.png Anna_front_bikini_pose.png
RAY
(27/08/21)Final Version
Ray_Front_Neutral_near.png Ray_Front_Neutral.png Ray_Front_Angle_Pissed.png

SHENICE
(27/08/21)Final Version
Shenice_Front_Near.png Shenice_front_pose.png Shenice_Angle_Near.png Shenice_front_seduction.png

NEW GAME PATH SYSTEM
There will be three main paths, for each one of these paths you will be presented with different choices accordingly.
Once you choose a path you will not be able to make choices from other paths.
Paternal path, you are a pure father or a fatherly figure.
Indifferent: While you care about your daughter you aren't that invested in her, you will support her with money and stuff but that's it.
Confused: You care for your daughter but sometimes you can't help but see her as an attractive young woman.
(This choice will use some of the romance path scenes from the Romantic choice)
Care: Your daughter is the most important thing in your life, you will do anything for her, you are interested in her and how she feels.

Romance path, you fell in love with your daughter and mostly pursue her as a love interest.
Invested: The soft option, you want to make her your lover but you aren't that insterested in the sexual part.
(This choice will use some of the caring path scenes Indifferent and Care choices)
Romantic: You feel really aroused by her and pursue a love and sexual relationship.
Sexual: The thought of her makes you extremely aroused, your main goal is a sexual relationship.
(This choice will use some of the dak path scenes)

Dark path, you were bored and found a new toy to play with.
Toying: While you aren't that interested in her, the thought of a new toy to play with sounds fun.
(This choice will use some of the caring and sexual path scenes Indifferent and Sexual choices)
Perversion: Found an innocent young girl, wouldn't it be nice to make her my personal slut?
(This choice will use some of the sexual path scenes from the Sexual choice)
Hardcore: It's simple, she does everything i tell her to do or she will be living on the streets and get slaven by the loan sharks.
(This choice will use some of the caring path scenes from the Indifferent choice)
This system makes me able to get three important things.
  1. Your choices will actually matter so you feel like you are role playing your own character.
  2. I can reuse a lot of content from different paths in a way that actually makes sense and the player wouldn't notice.
  3. Each of the paths have a gradient of choices, from near to far of the original path, meaning your choices will feel grey instead of black and white.
If you have any feedback please do actual constructive things, "i don't like this or that" does not help me, if you can provide visual references of the thing you want to change it would be the best, for example even just using photoshop (or even a rough drawing in paint) to point out character facial features.

Last edited:

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
To continue our discussion as per my post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-fate-a-new-family-v0-15-se-cedsense.7220/page-203#post-6389792

I disagree with the thing you said about the original model being reallistic, i don't see it at all. Thanks for the Feedback anyways. None of the two are the final models by any means, i want to keep ajusting things to get the best i can, for example her nose there being wider is a choice i made and also next time you want to compare two images use one with the same angle and similar expression otherwise is useless. I can use any help so maybe you can use photoshop to ajust the features so i can get a general idea, i'm gonna make polls with different renders of her so it shouldnt be a problem.
With realistic, I meant that it seems that you have enlarged boobs and butt on your model, compared to the original. In my opinion, you have overdone it as little bit. The original model seems like a person you are more likely to meet in the real world, vs. a girl who is arguably prettier but less... plain? I hope I explain myself properly, I'm struggling a bit with finding the right words. What attracted me to the original model was that her shy and naive personality matched her slightly introverted, but still very pretty, looks.

But I have to say I do like her face in the banner on the top of this thread!
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/08/1378240_Claire_Banner.png
That dreamy look has indeed the same feeling as the original!

I'll go through the files of the original to see if some scene matches your poses for comparison. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

In the last picture, the differences are much less apparent than in the other picture. Except the eyebrows, which is one part of the original I disliked a bit, so no complaints there. ;)

Your lighting and textures are obviously way better / more up-to-date. (y)

Last edited:

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
To continue our discussion as per my post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-fate-a-new-family-v0-15-se-cedsense.7220/page-203#post-6389792

With realistic, I meant that it seems that you have enlarged boobs and butt on your model, compared to the original. In my opinion, you have overdone it as little bit. The original model seems like a person you are more likely to meet in the real world, vs. a girl who is arguably prettier but less... plain? I hope I explain myself properly, I'm struggling a bit with finding the right words. What attracted me to the original model was that her shy and naive personality matched her slightly introverted, but still very pretty, looks.

But I have to say I do like her face in the banner on the top of this thread!
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/08/1378240_Claire_Banner.png
That dreamy look has indeed the same feeling as the original!

I'll go through the files of the original to see if some scene matches your poses for comparison. View attachment 1356424 View attachment 1356425 View attachment 1356426

In the last picture, the differences are much less apparent than in the other picture. Except the eyebrows, which is one part of the original I disliked a bit, so no complaints there. ;)

Your lighting and textures are obviously way better / more up-to-date. (y)
Thank you!
I also did this by myself, the thing is the light and the camera are very important in 3D renders (and irl) the "narrower" facial features might appear like that also because i'm using a portrait camera of 85mm (that's the focal lenght usually used in photoshoots for portraits) which you want to use for a game with a lot of face driven shots. Also the light plays a big role here because in the "remake" render i used multiple interior white lights with different angles and with the banner (quick) render i used two sources the hdri and a single "natural" light and that's what the dev of the original game used most of the time everything is just full lit from a single source.

Now, i'm still working on the characters as i said, assets are something i can't magically change because it would require a lot of time, the hair for example is close enough for me not to actually model the hair and transfer it to daz which will take a lot of time and effort. The outfit for the girl i'm also ok with it but i agree with the tshirt being too short maybe. The body is another thing i have to work more on, in terms of quality is way better than the original (you just saw a render with a single pose and clothes so wait to judge) but maybe the proportions are more instagram model like instead of the natural look of the original.

Today i will focus on all of this, i hope i can get more feedback when i post the new concept renders, cheers.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Excited that you're taking this on! The renders look great so far, and it's clear that they are much more realistic looking. I also like what you did with the body of the daughter, since I prefer the slimmer look.

In terms of suggestions, I'm not sure why but for some reason the daughter's eyes look somewhat cross-eyed to me. Another thing is more a matter or preference, but I think she would look better with a somewhat smaller nose bridge. The only other suggestion to perhaps make the design feel somewhat closer to the original (I know it won't ever be exactly the same, and that's fine) would be to brighten her eyes and hair a bit - maybe this would make her look less realistic, but I think a defining feature of the original daughter was her piercing green eyes and golden hair.

Other than that though she looks very pretty, especially in the photo in the header. I like that she looks a bit younger looking because the original character seemed older than she was supposed to be. Look forward to seeing more about how this progresses!

maninx

Sep 11, 2018
Lookin good I'm pretty sure if the dev ever continued at some point he would use an upgrade over the outdated models.
And it's pretty cool that someone is willing to take an abandoned VN and see it through to an end i'm sure a lot of people who liked the original will appreciate that
A lot of VNs with huge potentials are abandoned but none ever gets picked up by someone else while the dev is missing from the picture for forever. I would really appreciate if someone picked up some of the VNs that i liked but were abandoned and give it somewhat similar story and an ending
So all being said Goodluck with the project will definitely try this again once you drop a new release.

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Updated the main post with new pics of the changes you suggested.
I made the girl a little bit chonkier, thinner nose ridge, smaller mouth, thinner lips, arched the brows, greener eyes, wider chin, longer and slimmer face, brighter hair and a longer tshirt.

I also added some renders with a beach hdri to get the feeling of the new content since that's where the original game "ended".

Let me know what do you think! is it better, is it worse? what should i change?
Thanks!

Last edited:

TheSimp

Feb 28, 2020
Updated the main post with new pics of the changes you suggested.
I made the girl a little bit chonkier, thinner nose ridge, smaller mouth, thinner lips, arched the brows, greener eyes, wider chin, longer and slimmer face, brighter hair and a longer tshirt.

I also added some renders with a beach hdri to get the feeling of the new content since that's where the original game "ended".

Let me know what do you think! is it better, is it worse? what should i change?
Thanks!
I think it so good, similar to original but more realistic than.
In terms of suggestions, about boob i think i like first version than.

Last edited:
Reactions: TokyoR and V19XX

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
But what about writing? Original is so good coz it has best writing
It's actually good that i have so much to learn about the characters, their motivations, personality...So i just need to keep the ball rolling.
I will do my best but i'm also looking for people who are willing to help me with dialogs and such or just giving me feedback about my own writing.

Last edited:

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019
It is great that you are willing to continue the game... thank you for that.

I like very much your last version of the girl. She looks to me very close to the original one.
Some suggestions to make her look even closer (in my humble opinion)
- the split of her hair is slightly more on her right side in the original model (left side when looking at her...)
- when standing, her hair is always over her shoulders and falling in her back in the original model.
- It is difficult to put into words but there is some sadness in her eyes (what is called "puppy eyes" maybe) that I don't find back in your version (except a little in the banner)

I understand you want to take back the story where it ended. It would be nice if you could do some preview of her in her pink bikini :)

I'm really looking forward to the first release...

PS: Some pictures of her in her pink bikini from the preview of the release that was never released :
015poll2.jpg 320470_016-preview2-2.jpg 320469_016-preview2-1.jpg 016-preview.jpg

Last edited:

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I think I actually like your first design for the daughter better :LOL: Even if she didn't look the same as the original character, I think she looked better with the younger look and slimmer body. After all the changes her face looks much older (maybe too old?), and maybe too serious/stern looking? angular? not really sure. Not trying to insult your work btw! I just think it's not possible to make her look exactly like the original model, so perhaps better to focus on just getting her to look as good and realistic as possible - to me, the newer model looks more like a mom than daughter

Reactions: V19XX

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
- It is difficult to put into words but there is some sadness in her eyes (what is called "puppy eyes" maybe) that I don't find back in your version (except a little in the banner)
Yes it's the big "doe eyes," that's definitely a big part of her innocent look that we loved

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
I think I actually like your first design for the daughter better :LOL: Even if she didn't look the same as the original character, I think she looked better with the younger look and slimmer body. After all the changes her face looks much older (maybe too old?), and maybe too serious/stern looking? angular? not really sure. Not trying to insult your work btw! I just think it's not possible to make her look exactly like the original model, so perhaps better to focus on just getting her to look as good and realistic as possible - to me, the newer model looks more like a mom than daughter
I would say the new design is really, really close to the original the only difference right now is the eyes of the later being narrower. The thing is that's how old she looks like originally, that's why i made her "younger" in the first place, some people like the character looking the same as the original and others (like you) prefer a different younger version, the thing is i'm not finished with the design so the more people willing to give me feedback the better i can please more of you. (Also i don't think she looks that old lol, i would say 20, she just have older facial features, long face and wide chin)
OurFateClaireTestComp.gif 44444444.jpg

Last edited:

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
It is great that you are willing to continue the game... thank you for that.

I like very much your last version of the girl. She looks to me very close to the original one.
Some suggestions to make her look even closer (in my humble opinion)
- the split of her hair is slightly more on her right side in the original model (left side when looking at her...)
- when standing, her hair is always over her shoulders and falling in her back in the original model.

I understand you want to take back the story where it ended. It would be nice if you could do some preview of her in her pink bikini :)

I'm really looking forward to the first release...

PS: Some pictures of her in her pink bikini from the preview of the release that was never released :
View attachment 1358705 View attachment 1358703 View attachment 1358704 View attachment 1358702
Thank you, i didn't remember about those pics!

-The split hair is a feature i can't change, is just part of the asset, maybe i could try editing the mesh, who knows.

-I don't like the hair going behind, looks pretty bad to be honest and again the asset i'm using doesn't have the morphs for that, maybe could make them myself.

-That's because the banner one uses a expression with a little bit of wondering eyes, that's something a lot of people don't understand it seems, expressions can change the face of the model A LOT that also happens IRL but in DAZ even more just because how the morphs work.

PS: Just added some bikini renders, i had to work on it anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yngling and TheSimp
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes