VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Seems like the dev is gone for good, the only thing i could do in this case is to continue the game as a unofficial "mod" just in case the dev comes back (i doubt it) and he wants to finish the game by himself.
If you know about the assets used in the game (locations, props, characters) it will be of great help, even thought my plan is to continue the game with better modern renders and models i will also want to make all look the closest i can to the real thing (With upgraded visuals obviously).
The characters in the game are somewhat non reallistic and the ones i make tend to look more real-life like so i had to adapt my style a little bit. Would it be good if the models aren't a 1/1 copy of the originals? gonna attach a render i made of the main characters so you can see how they may look like and the quality i'm aiming for in-game. Will love to get some feedback.

If any of you want to help with the writting that would be awesome since that's the thing i'm not so good at.

Just asnwer me here or send me a message (y)

View attachment 1354497
I wouldn't do it until you've got models that at least look like the same people. That's an excellent looking render, but they don't look like the same characters.

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
If you want to continue with story with the mod good luck! I love this game and pretty much have played all the routes in the game and enjoyed all of them.

The only thing I would suggest is to give credits to cedsense for the original game. The rest is up to you, if you want to be faithful to the original game with direction it was going or if you want your own spin on it :)

I can help you with writing part/Or coding, just let me know (I've not written anything of my own but I've gone through Brandon Sanderson's course on writing sci-fi :p)

Btw your version of the characters look fantastic (y)
My intetion is to stay faithful to the original story and vibe, and of course i will give credit to the original dev and i will continue the game exactly where it is right now and when i'm finish with it i will remake the original part.

Currently i'm working on the assets, i'm sure you will recognise the house in the pic below, it's somewhat edited in the game, the daughter room, the desk, and the exterior are additions by the dev, just a little bit more time consuming to set up everything. The good thing is that the original game only have like 3 or 4 locations so i don't need to recreate a lot of stuff and just be free to add new things.

The not so good thing is that the story it's in a critical moment and i need to work really hard to live up to the hype.

I'm actually doing this, i will not abandon. I have a full time job and i can't be as productive as i want but my goal is to have a new "update" (maybe a short one of about 200 renders) in the next 2 months or so. Will work on the critical assets to continue the story right now and then move to build the rest of the locations and characters.

ourfate1.JPG

Last edited:

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
I wouldn't do it until you've got models that at least look like the same people. That's an excellent looking render, but they don't look like the same characters.
Yeah i know some people (like you) want the characters to look exactly the same, but that's actually really hard, because the original game is old, it uses Genesis 3 and kinda low quality assets for the characters. Precisely i want help with this, it's really time consuming to find the assets, just the house took me hours, i also want to make the characters look the closests i can as i said before but i need to find the assets the dev used to make them (I think my versions actually resemble the originals btw)
They will never look the same tho just because i need to use modern shaders, light and parts like the eyes and hair are very important for Daz, any person who have experience with the software will say the same.

Any feedback is appreciated. (y)

Reactions: cib64

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
Lol i can't say much right now because my focus is on the assets, characters and renders phase. I will say that i'm bias for the romance path so that probably answer your question.
Alright i will take that as a positive. I am sold.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
My intetion is to stay faithful to the original story and vibe, and of course i will give credit to the original dev and i will continue the game exactly where it is right now and when i'm finish with it i will remake the original part.

Currently i'm working on the assets, i'm sure you will recognise the house in the pic below, it's somewhat edited in the game, the daughter room, the desk, and the exterior are additions by the dev, just a little bit more time consuming to set up everything. The good thing is that the original game only have like 3 or 4 locations so i don't need to recreate a lot of stuff and just be free to add new things.

The not so good thing is that the story it's in a critical moment and i need to work really hard to live up to the hype.

I'm actually doing this, i will not abandon. I have a full time job and i can't be as productive as i want but my goal is to have a new "update" (maybe a short one of about 200 renders) in the next 2 months or so. Will work on the critical assets to continue the story right now and then move to build the rest of the locations and characters.

View attachment 1355210
Well Good luck it's almost certain Dev is never coming back so this might be the only way to finish story.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
The characters in the game are somewhat non reallistic and the ones i make tend to look more real-life like so i had to adapt my style a little bit. Would it be good if the models aren't a 1/1 copy of the originals? gonna attach a render i made of the main characters so you can see how they may look like and the quality i'm aiming for in-game. Will love to get some feedback.
Great to hear you want to continue development of this great game!

I do have some feedback on this render of the character models:

The MC, is definately not the same, but in my opinion quite an improvement over the original MC. I like it. Good, strong character who can work well on both the light and the dark paths.

The Daughter, on the other hand, I'm not enthousiastic about if I'm honest.
The original looked like an innocent girl-next-door: pretty but still quite believable.
Your version looks more bimbo-like. Perhaps the clothes also play a part here: the new shirt is too short and the pants are too tight compared to the original. These may be appropriate for the corruption path, at some point, but a good girl who was raised in a convent... I don't think so.
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-fate-a-new-family-v0-15-se-cedsense.7220/#lg=post-366954&slide=1

But I think her figure is also a bit more exaggerated: bigger boobs and bigger butt. I don't think it's an improvement.
The face, also there I have to say I prefer the original. I'm not a big fan of the wider nose and the bigger eyes. Overall, you say you wanted to make the characters look more realistic. In terms of skin texture etc. you have for sure succeeded, but I think in terms of body and face model, the original was more realistic looking, and also more in line with her personality as a smart but somewhat naive good girl.

I think there was someone who made some fan art who more or less nailed the daughter model, it would be my preference to keep it.

BUT! It's just my feedback. Don't let it discourage you. I'd much rather have the game continued with a daughter model which would not be my preference then leave the game as it is now.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

View attachment 1355210
If you really are doing this, you need to start your own thread.

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Great to hear you want to continue development of this great game!

I do have some feedback on this render of the character models:

The MC, is definately not the same, but in my opinion quite an improvement over the original MC. I like it. Good, strong character who can work well on both the light and the dark paths.

The Daughter, on the other hand, I'm not enthousiastic about if I'm honest.
The original looked like an innocent girl-next-door: pretty but still quite believable.
Your version looks more bimbo-like. Perhaps the clothes also play a part here: the new shirt is too short and the pants are too tight compared to the original. These may be appropriate for the corruption path, at some point, but a good girl who was raised in a convent... I don't think so.
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-fate-a-new-family-v0-15-se-cedsense.7220/#lg=post-366954&slide=1

But I think her figure is also a bit more exaggerated: bigger boobs and bigger butt. I don't think it's an improvement.
The face, also there I have to say I prefer the original. I'm not a big fan of the wider nose and the bigger eyes. Overall, you say you wanted to make the characters look more realistic. In terms of skin texture etc. you have for sure succeeded, but I think in terms of body and face model, the original was more realistic looking, and also more in line with her personality as a smart but somewhat naive good girl.

I think there was someone who made some fan art who more or less nailed the daughter model, it would be my preference to keep it.

BUT! It's just my feedback. Don't let it discourage you. I'd much rather have the game continued with a daughter model which would not be my preference then leave the game as it is now.
I disagree with the thing you said about the original model being reallistic, i don't see it at all. Thanks for the Feedback anyways. None of the two are the final models by any means, i want to keep ajusting things to get the best i can, for example her nose there being wider is a choice i made and also next time you want to compare two images use one with the same angle and similar expression otherwise is useless. I can use any help so maybe you can use photoshop to ajust the features so i can get a general idea, i'm gonna make polls with different renders of her so it shouldnt be a problem.

Reactions: Yngling

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
Seems like the dev is gone for good, the only thing i could do in this case is to continue the game as a unofficial "mod" just in case the dev comes back (i doubt it) and he wants to finish the game by himself.
If you know about the assets used in the game (locations, props, characters) it will be of great help, even thought my plan is to continue the game with better modern renders and models i will also want to make all look the closest i can to the real thing (With upgraded visuals obviously).

If any of you want to help with the writting that would be awesome since that's the thing i'm not so good at.

Just asnwer me here or send me a message (y)

View attachment 1354497
GO FOR IT , please is fair enoug decent , and even if not , gve us CGS pictures , pack or so at least T T

Cruxiz

Jun 23, 2017
Funnily enough the original dev is still getting patreon money monthly it seems even though the last post dates back to 2019

thevampirate

Feb 15, 2019
man I really like this game i always check back now and then for updates hoping for something new but with his health and the 'Rona who knows if he's still around. although if someone is manually pausing the patreon he should be around

Reactions: Randallll

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
man I really like this game i always check back now and then for updates hoping for something new but with his health and the 'Rona who knows if he's still around. although if someone is manually pausing the patreon he should be around
He's still around, he just said his health is bad enough that he can't resume the game. You might be interested in checking out a remake of the game, which is looking very promising in development:
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-fate-remake-dev-thread.91509/

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes