VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
I just fired up the game again for the first time in awhile and what others have said here is true... the game feel dated now. The models, lighting, rendering, etc... all feel a few years old now and behind the times.

I'd love to see this game remade using up to date models, lighting, rendering, etc... much more photorealistic. I'd prefer if the "daughter" looked as close as possible to the current one... but the rest could allow some wiggle room to be modernized.

I remember how this game felt pretty cutting edge when it first came out.

Maybe a remaster / remake would be the better route at this point to get the ball rolling again? Maybe the dev has decided to just let it die... but maybe that would get the proverbial juices flowing again while not letting such a great story go to waste.

sammy789

Jan 15, 2021
its an good game. i liked it too. but after reading the comments, i lost hope. does anyone know if there will be an update or new version of this game? any news? thanks

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
its an good game. i liked it too. but after reading the comments, i lost hope. does anyone know if there will be an update or new version of this game? any news? thanks
seriously hope this gets picked up and carried on with to completion cos it started out very promising and had me dying for more...oh well we can always dream
The Patreon page for this one gets paused just about every month, so there is still hope. :)

d@rk_side

Oct 9, 2018
Well, a little hope is better than no hope at all. Does anyone know ways to contact him? Discord, or another way maybe? I'd like to ask him about this game. Maybe he will share his plans.. It's a really rare case when you interested in plot, not animation.

Well guys, I've mailed to every e-mail, which was mentioned in-game, but after a week, still no answer. However, there are 2 options still left: Facebook or Patreon Message. If there are any patreons of this game, please try to contact the developer via site or maybe via FB. I hope you'll be luckier than I'm. Cheers.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The Patreon page for this one gets paused just about every month, so there is still hope. :)
Well, a little hope is better than no hope at all. Does anyone know ways to contact him? Discord, or another way maybe? I'd like to ask him about this game. Maybe he will share his plans.. It's a really rare case when you interested in plot, not animation.
The text referring to the next version on Patreon still reads,
Next update release date: 0.16 >> As soon as my health allow me to get back to work...
Obviously I would love to see this continue, but the fact that the text still references struggles with health has me really worried. I really hope the health issues don't end up being chronic. I would love to at least learn that Cedsense is doing OK, even if that means this story doesn't get finished. RL health is always more important than a VN.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I haven't finished all the content yet, and this is slowwww burn, but the story telling and tension building is fantastic! I can see why many of you are sticking around for this - hope the dev resumes this at some point, it's a masterpiece.
I always saw this game as one with great character building at start, but unfortunately also one where the crime story was so disassociated with that character progression and slowing rest of story down that I do think it is a great example of how not to make a game, even if dev is very talented at the character interactions. It was great until the mayor came in, after it never really recovered its flow for me.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I always saw this game as one with great character building at start, but unfortunately also one where the crime story was so disassociated with that character progression and slowing rest of story down that I do think it is a great example of how not to make a game, even if dev is very talented at the character interactions. It was great until the mayor came in, after it never really recovered its flow for me.
Hmm I'm not at that point yet, seems I still have lots of gameplay to go. I'm a lot less interested in the crime story than the F-D relationship

Reactions: DA22
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes