VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

GerdiB

Jun 14, 2017

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
it happens from time to time that its not paused. but theres no activity or post about it.
quite strange that the dev can pause but has not the guts to post a message the next month that he forgot. I mean, why not just permanently pause it? for me this behavior is bad for all devs, will make people stop trusting all devs, even those that work hard.

Last edited:

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
This game is actually very good, I liked it so much, among the best of its genre, but the developer having vanished for months without any post on Patreon is really strange. I know he has health problems but writing a note should be possible, unless he is hospitalized and someone else on his behalf keeps pausing his account.
How is it possible to pause and not update with any news, aren't patrons asking for information or cancelling subscriptions?

Reactions: babadunde

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I loved that it let me choose a non-incest path and made the minor writing adjustments needed for it to make sense. Damn shame it got abandoned.

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
is it Firefly dead or dead until further notice?
IMO Firefly dead

At this point its more likely a pipe dream for it to come back.
I'm not saying there isn't a chance but its not very likely.

Keep it on watch , find new games , if were lucky it comes back.
but I'd bet that its not coming back , even if it does I'd bet on it being dropped in less than a year

All just my opinion.

Reactions: Kuracnabicikli

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
more issues if it will come back:
1. it starting to get old, the renders are not of today's standard
2. to resume work after this long time is hard, most of the time, devs will feel more comfortable with a remake or a new game
3. to restart/resume is very hard, a project needs its momentum, when that is broken, it will be another obstacle to overcome.

how often a dev that stopped for this long time did succeed to return?
almost none. the few that did, worked a bit and disappeared again or they keep remaking it and changing it and is not going anywhere with the game.

this game is dead. only a modder with motivation could continue the work.
but how likely it will feel and be the same quality as the original? most mods fails since they have their own idea and execution so it will feel unfamiliar and most of the time feel its just a bad copy.

unfortunately, since I really liked this game, one of my favorite.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes