VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

d@rk_side

Oct 9, 2018
Well, a little hope is better than no hope at all. Does anyone know ways to contact him? Discord, or another way maybe? I'd like to ask him about this game. Maybe he will share his plans.. It's a really rare case when you interested in plot, not animation.

Well guys, I've mailed to every e-mail, which was mentioned in-game, but after a week, still no answer. However, there are 2 options still left: Facebook or Patreon Message. If there are any patreons of this game, please try to contact the developer via site or maybe via FB. I hope you'll be luckier than I'm. Cheers.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The Patreon page for this one gets paused just about every month, so there is still hope. :)
Well, a little hope is better than no hope at all. Does anyone know ways to contact him? Discord, or another way maybe? I'd like to ask him about this game. Maybe he will share his plans.. It's a really rare case when you interested in plot, not animation.
The text referring to the next version on Patreon still reads,
Next update release date: 0.16 >> As soon as my health allow me to get back to work...
Obviously I would love to see this continue, but the fact that the text still references struggles with health has me really worried. I really hope the health issues don't end up being chronic. I would love to at least learn that Cedsense is doing OK, even if that means this story doesn't get finished. RL health is always more important than a VN.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I haven't finished all the content yet, and this is slowwww burn, but the story telling and tension building is fantastic! I can see why many of you are sticking around for this - hope the dev resumes this at some point, it's a masterpiece.
I always saw this game as one with great character building at start, but unfortunately also one where the crime story was so disassociated with that character progression and slowing rest of story down that I do think it is a great example of how not to make a game, even if dev is very talented at the character interactions. It was great until the mayor came in, after it never really recovered its flow for me.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I always saw this game as one with great character building at start, but unfortunately also one where the crime story was so disassociated with that character progression and slowing rest of story down that I do think it is a great example of how not to make a game, even if dev is very talented at the character interactions. It was great until the mayor came in, after it never really recovered its flow for me.
Hmm I'm not at that point yet, seems I still have lots of gameplay to go. I'm a lot less interested in the crime story than the F-D relationship

Reactions: DA22

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I want to continue the game, i'm trying to contact the dev but it seems he/she is gone for a year now, i sended him a message with all the details but i doubt i will ever get a response. If someone knows how to contact him/her please message me.
Hopefully he will give you the assets and you can continue the game while keeping the same story and vibe!

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
It's from the corrupting path of this game. During the last third the PC and Melinda refer to the daughter as "Slut".
Ok I didn't recognize that. The one thing I think could be improved in this game was how the love and dark paths used the exact same renders regardless of how much the dialogue was different. I played love path first, and hoped to unlock new content on the dark

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Seems like the dev is gone for good, the only thing i could do in this case is to continue the game as a unofficial "mod" just in case the dev comes back (i doubt it) and he wants to finish the game by himself.
If you know about the assets used in the game (locations, props, characters) it will be of great help, even thought my plan is to continue the game with better modern renders and models i will also want to make all look the closest i can to the real thing (With upgraded visuals obviously).
The characters in the game are somewhat non reallistic and the ones i make tend to look more real-life like so i had to adapt my style a little bit. Would it be good if the models aren't a 1/1 copy of the originals? gonna attach a render i made of the main characters so you can see how they may look like and the quality i'm aiming for in-game. Will love to get some feedback.

If any of you want to help with the writting that would be awesome since that's the thing i'm not so good at.

Just asnwer me here or send me a message (y)

OurFate Remake Test.png

me130

Dec 11, 2017
Seems like the dev is gone for good, the only thing i could do in this case is to continue the game as a unofficial "mod" just in case the dev comes back (i doubt it) and he wants to finish the game by himself.
If you know about the assets used in the game (locations, props, characters) it will be of great help, even thought my plan is to continue the game with better modern renders and models i will also want to make all look the closest i can to the real thing (With upgraded visuals obviously).
The characters in the game are somewhat non reallistic and the ones i make tend to look more real-life like so i had to adapt my style a little bit. Would it be good if the models aren't a 1/1 copy of the originals? gonna attach a render i made of the main characters so you can see how they may look like and the quality i'm aiming for in-game. Will love to get some feedback.

If any of you want to help with the writting that would be awesome since that's the thing i'm not so good at.

Just asnwer me here or send me a message (y)

View attachment 1354497
If you want to continue with story with the mod good luck! I love this game and pretty much have played all the routes in the game and enjoyed all of them.

The only thing I would suggest is to give credits to cedsense for the original game. The rest is up to you, if you want to be faithful to the original game with direction it was going or if you want your own spin on it :)

I can help you with writing part/Or coding, just let me know (I've not written anything of my own but I've gone through Brandon Sanderson's course on writing sci-fi :p)

Btw your version of the characters look fantastic (y)

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes