VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Hey CedSense seeing as how you still check in on F95 sometimes, can you please confirm if you are actually planning to resume development of this game. I understand if you don't, but hope the mere possibility of a return after 2 years won't be used to squash the development of a very promising continuation/fan version by V19XX

For those who loved this original game, please check out and support the project attempting to revive it:
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-fate-remake-dev-thread.91509/

Jul 7, 2018
Hey CedSense seeing as how you still check in on F95 sometimes, can you please confirm if you are actually planning to resume development of this game. I understand if you don't, but hope the mere possibility of a return after 2 years won't be used to squash the development of a very promising continuation/fan version by V19XX

For those who loved this original game, please check out and support the project attempting to revive it:
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-fate-remake-dev-thread.91509/
CedSense does not get on F95 and hasn't in over 2 years, not sure where that is coming from. He rarely used F95 even when he was still at work on OF. If something of importance comes across this forum one of his friends passes it on to him, which is what happened in the case of the thread you referenced. I saw that someone had posted a thread on a remake of his story and I simply sent him the info. What he decides to do with that info is entirely up to him. The dev V19XX claims to have reached out to Ced but apparently, the avenue he chose was one that Ced doesn't use rather than through his Patreon page or his Discord server, both of which are monitored. So this is where we find ourselves.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
CedSense does not get on F95 and hasn't in over 2 years, not sure where that is coming from. He rarely used F95 even when he was still at work on OF. If something of importance comes across this forum one of his friends passes it on to him, which is what happened in the case of the thread you referenced. I saw that someone had posted a thread on a remake of his story and I simply sent him the info. What he decides to do with that info is entirely up to him. The dev V19XX claims to have reached out to Ced but apparently, the avenue he chose was one that Ced doesn't use rather than through his Patreon page or his Discord server, both of which are monitored. So this is where we find ourselves.
His profile says "Last seen Friday at 2:00 PM," so he's been on here. Based on what you've said though, it doesn't sound like CedSense has actually decided to resume development

Jul 7, 2018
His profile says "Last seen Friday at 2:00 PM," so he's been on here. Based on what you've said though, it doesn't sound like CedSense has actually decided to resume development
Well, I will just say you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and I intend to keep it like that as it will be up to Ced to discuss what he is up to. I will say if he does intend to communicate with the fans it will not likely be over f95. As to the Friday appearance on F95 that was because I informed him of the thread from V19XX as I sent Ced the link. Obviously, he would want to check it out to see what was happening. I check in on this thread from time to time just as I monitor his Discord server from time to time. Even when he was working on OF he rarely looked at f95 and did not post his story here, rather it was posted by fans. I too am a fan and hope that the story can be continued. And looking at the work from V19XX it all looks good but as the story is Ced's he should be the one to decide where it goes from here.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Well, I will just say you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and I intend to keep it like that as it will be up to Ced to discuss what he is up to. I will say if he does intend to communicate with the fans it will not likely be over f95. As to the Friday appearance on F95 that was because I informed him of the thread from V19XX as I sent Ced the link. Obviously, he would want to check it out to see what was happening. I check in on this thread from time to time just as I monitor his Discord server from time to time. Even when he was working on OF he rarely looked at f95 and did not post his story here, rather it was posted by fans. I too am a fan and hope that the story can be continued. And looking at the work from V19XX it all looks good but as the story is Ced's he should be the one to decide where it goes from here.
Well, of course I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, because as you said, Cedsense has chosen not to communicate with fans.

I'm a huge fan of this game and would love for him to continue development, but if he's not able or willing to do so, I don't see how he can ask others not to try their own versions. Yes yes he hasn't technically said this publicly yet, but that's what you have implied and communicated to V19XX.

True fans of this game just want to see the story continue! Hope Cedsense is willing to work together with V19XX at the least, since his renders are fantastic

ifss

Mar 3, 2019
I too agree that Ced does have ownership of the story. Whatever comes out of this game, please think ahead of possible future collaborations between the writer in Ced and the renderer in V19XX.

nuclearbomb

Mar 26, 2018
I know that Ced struggled with irl issues and that I don't know exactly what or how severe those issues was/are. And while his real life problems are not any of our business so has Ced himself not shown any interest in giving us any life signs or info about his future intentions with this game. He might not use f95 often, but just giving us a little update would speak loads, instead he gets a fan project killed off and continues the status quo with not saying anything at all, all we get are third parties allegedly speaking for him. The reality is that the game has been dead for about 2 years now, and nothing is saying that anything is about to change about that, so I am sorry to say that I don't have high hopes... He still has quite an good following if his Patreon is anything to go by (I know he disables billing) so maybe?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I know that Ced struggled with irl issues and that I don't know exactly what or how severe those issues was/are. And while his real life problems are not any of our business so has Ced himself not shown any interest in giving us any life signs or info about his future intentions with this game. He might not use f95 often, but just giving us a little update would speak loads, instead he gets a fan project killed off and continues the status quo with not saying anything at all, all we get are third parties allegedly speaking for him. The reality is that the game has been dead for about 2 years now, and nothing is saying that anything is about to change about that, so I am sorry to say that I don't have high hopes... He still has quite an good following if his Patreon is anything to go by (I know he disables billing) so maybe?
Patreon has only been paused for five of the last ten months.
Personally, if there is still radio silence from them next month and it's not paused, I'll have to cancel.
If they have time to log in and pause, they have time to write a line or two saying something like "I'm pausing this month, check back next month"

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Patreon has only been paused for five of the last ten months.
Personally, if there is still radio silence from them next month and it's not paused, I'll have to cancel.
If they have time to log in and pause, they have time to write a line or two saying something like "I'm pausing this month, check back next month"
Both of you summed up how I feel about this. The fact that billing has only been paused some of the time despite 2 years of inactivity adds another layer for me with the killing of the attempted reboot. Ced taking the time to contact V19XX, but not to update fans is very telling. This game is dead and dev seems perfectly happy to keep it that way

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Both of you summed up how I feel about this. The fact that billing has only been paused some of the time despite 2 years of inactivity adds another layer for me with the killing of the attempted reboot. Ced taking the time to contact V19XX, but not to update fans is very telling. This game is dead and dev seems perfectly happy to keep it that way
If it were truly, permanently, dead he could have removed the Patreon page altogether instead of pauzing it.

Ricardo Sousa

Feb 17, 2018
Too many good games have been paused/abandoned for various reasons; if there's a slight possibility to flourish the game either by the developer, a group of fans, or something in between, that would be a delight for all of those that cherished this story and its outcome.

Since the beginning, I was into this for the story and the plot that the dev was creating, if anyone out there remains committed to the origins and comes to an agreement with all parties, the fans are the ones to gain the most.

Regarding technicalities about remakes, a spin-off and what someone requires to do so, I'm unaware.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
A lot of good games have been abandoned the last years. But i think most of them are because when its a popular game, the expectations get pretty high. While developing the game costs time and energy. Most devs have a normal job and family on the side.

Said that, this for me was the first game i ever downloaded and played on this site....

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes