VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Purple Lagoon

Jun 14, 2020
How strange that the dev's been completely silent for this long and then just nukes a free mod the community had made to keep the game going...
I understand that he doesn't want others to touch his 'baby' so to speak. As an artist myself, I can totally relate to the feeling of protection/possessiveness about your own work.
Whether this means he's still planning to continue the game, I don't know...
About him being silent I don't know much, except what I read on this forum.
Too bad, this was one of my favorite games...

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I understand that he doesn't want others to touch his 'baby' so to speak. As an artist myself, I can totally relate to the feeling of protection/possessiveness about your own work.
Whether this means he's still planning to continue the game, I don't know...
About him being silent I don't know much, except what I read on this forum.
Too bad, this was one of my favorite games...
I get that sure, but if he cared about the people who have supported him and this game he could've let someone else finish it for us if he's not planning to do it himself, which clearly he's not.

Mantha

Jul 20, 2017
he not continue it the game and he kill it the remake project :LOL:
just found out about the remake project. a bit late to the party since the project has been taken down. any idea where i can download the remake one? atleast the latest version before it taken down?

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
just found out about the remake project. a bit late to the party since the project has been taken down. any idea where i can download the remake one? atleast the latest version before it taken down?
Sadly the remake never released a version before it was taken down.

• Sad
Reactions: TokyoR

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I feel in my heart that CedSense's absence is still seriously health-related and perhaps circumstantial too. I do not for one moment believe he has voluntarily given up on his exquisite dream.

However, if he has, then for me, the tragic fact will always remain that, just as in the case of another genius, Pandelo and his sadly abandoned "My Sweet Neighbors", the stamp of quality and uniqueness of characterization is so singularly brilliant in observation, creation and portrayal that no-one else, in my opinion, can ever come close to mirroring or reimagining the magical persona of the young girl Claire.

This is just me speaking, I know, but I would and will not ever go near a remake, no matter how "good" it might be. Not out of pique or posturing, but without doubt because this is how I always want to remember my own personal experience of and gratitude for CedSense's genius.

Conversely, however, if CedSense were ever able to return devotedly and sincerely to complete his lovingly sculpted masterpiece I and, I feel sure, many more devotees, will not hesitate to buy my ticket aboard his Patreon train. I also know, with certainty, that I wouldn't be leaving until the end of the line was finally reached.
His game was in fact fantastic, but it's been almost 3 years...he's not coming back. He hasn't bothered to give his followers updates or even a reason, but still took the time to kill the re-boot. He's a very talented writer, but I can't think of a reason why he needed to act that way

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
who cares about him? he disappeared in the worse way, so if someone want to make a re-boot, go ahead.
if he comes back to complain tell him to stfu since he abandoned it but still received money from his patrons (still do)
that kind of behavior is the lowest u can be for a dev. Im a dev myself and I would close down my patron if I decided to leave. its a parasitic behavior to let it be on for a non-finished product. no matter his talent, that doesn't excuse what hes done.
and he is not alone, theres a bunch of devs that did/do exactly this. they exploit people this way, and in the same time they create mistrust.
so, why respect his decision to not make a reboot when he doesn't give a crap about giving an answer why he left.

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
Both of you summed up how I feel about this. The fact that billing has only been paused some of the time despite 2 years of inactivity adds another layer for me with the killing of the attempted reboot. Ced taking the time to contact V19XX, but not to update fans is very telling. This game is dead and dev seems perfectly happy to keep it that way
true

Reactions: tiger8125

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
His game was in fact fantastic, but it's been almost 3 years...he's not coming back. He hasn't bothered to give his followers updates or even a reason, but still took the time to kill the re-boot. He's a very talented writer, but I can't think of a reason why he needed to act that way
Even if it is not coming back, it is Cedsense's right to decide whether he wants someone else to continue his work or not.

Take, for example, two important and popular comic strips: Asterix and Tintin. Maybe Americans don't know them, but they are two of the most popular European strips. Both are great in their own ways in my personal opinion.

After Hergé died, he specifically asked nobody to continue Tintin. This was respected and it did lead to a consistent series, with the last books being arguably the best.

After Goscinny died, Uderzo (who did only the drawings before) also wrote the scenario of Asterix. After Uderzo died, others have continued the series. But the ones where Goscinny worked on, are widely considered the best.

So, what is the best? Obviously Tintin fans were disappointed that the series stopped. Asterix fans were also disappointed because the quality has decreased.

Some people have accused Uderzo for just being hungry for money by continuing Asterix. But was it a cash grab, or simply respecting Goscinny's wishes? Or both?

Obviously the analogue between Tintin/Asterix and Our Fate is not a perfect one, especially when it comes to finances. I am, however, using this example to illustrate that there is more to consider than just the wishes of the fan base.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes