VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
u can not compare those 2 great artist with Ced and his 1 non-finished work using Daz3D.
also, to "finish" a product or to restart a product that was never finished is not the same as:

Our Fate - The GrandChild Surprise (the 10th and last game of Ced)

that complete the saga of the MC and his daughter and their baby. please do not make a sequel!
that I could understand, Ced's 10th game, that lasted 20 years, and now he wish for it to end.

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
who cares about him? he disappeared in the worse way, so if someone want to make a re-boot, go ahead.
if he comes back to complain tell him to stfu since he abandoned it but still received money from his patrons (still do)
that kind of behavior is the lowest u can be for a dev. Im a dev myself and I would close down my patron if I decided to leave. its a parasitic behavior to let it be on for a non-finished product. no matter his talent, that doesn't excuse what hes done.
and he is not alone, theres a bunch of devs that did/do exactly this. they exploit people this way, and in the same time they create mistrust.
so, why respect his decision to not make a reboot when he doesn't give a crap about giving an answer why he left.
they create expectation on no a good way holding their patreons active , have time to suspend each month or cancel the bills , but no to give some words to their suporters , . becuase 1th is easy to say sorry guys am busy give me 4 months or give me 6 months of break , 2 lines of text and a explanation to his supporters , bunch of devs no even say that , in the end hope Our Fate - The GrandChild Surprise WHAT is that ? be made but ll keep dreaming

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
Even if it is not coming back, it is Cedsense's right to decide whether he wants someone else to continue his work or not.

Take, for example, two important and popular comic strips: Asterix and Tintin. Maybe Americans don't know them, but they are two of the most popular European strips. Both are great in their own ways in my personal opinion.

After Hergé died, he specifically asked nobody to continue Tintin. This was respected and it did lead to a consistent series, with the last books being arguably the best.

After Goscinny died, Uderzo (who did only the drawings before) also wrote the scenario of Asterix. After Uderzo died, others have continued the series. But the ones where Goscinny worked on, are widely considered the best.

So, what is the best? Obviously Tintin fans were disappointed that the series stopped. Asterix fans were also disappointed because the quality has decreased.

Some people have accused Uderzo for just being hungry for money by continuing Asterix. But was it a cash grab, or simply respecting Goscinny's wishes? Or both?

Obviously the analogue between Tintin/Asterix and Our Fate is not a perfect one, especially when it comes to finances. I am, however, using this example to illustrate that there is more to consider than just the wishes of the fan base.
god joke for 2022 news year , first and most following you analogy or example , of those 2 series , what if a bunch of school or college boys get together and draw a adaption or some chapters of it . like there osme out there , ohhhh the authors reps will come raining hell and bullets on the groups ? puuf this is internet no a layer firm ? people have right to do what the wish, if a do some draws , a story and stuf , and no want to follow it after , if other people want to follow it , is at they , dont gonna go shooting them down , sayin my idea is super oriningl never seen before on this worl or universe or saying that i am the owner of what ? we dont even own or lifes most of times, there is no bad publicity ? somebody said that ? he will get more know for being a lassy one who is on his own world greatness or whatever it be THAN for being that one Dev who got his story continued for others becuase was a good one and people wanted it made, they did ? 100 or 1000 buck on it ? what of it ? time is money , people spend money when they spend time , so what if they get some patreons ? puuuf is no like they wining millions puuf ... in the end it was a inmature dacition , OVERALL , do a poll , people will say it , no that it matter too much , I LIKED THE GAME , thats why taked and wated my time on here on these lines ... puuuf

ifss

Mar 3, 2019
You are entitled to your opinions. I like other loyal patrons will wait for CED to be back.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
u can not compare those 2 great artist with Ced and his 1 non-finished work using Daz3D.
You are right, the analogy isn't perfect.
Still, my point was that it's the right of the original creator to decide what will happen with the creation.
My other point was that the fans may be disappointed either way.

god joke for 2022 news year , first and most following you analogy or example , of those 2 series , what if a bunch of school or college boys get together and draw a adaption or some chapters of it . like there osme out there , ohhhh the authors reps will come raining hell and bullets on the groups ? puuf this is internet no a layer firm ?
That is probably true but in this case V19XX graciously decided to respect the original creators wishes.
Even though CedSense most likely can not legally enforce it.
In my opinion, what V19XX did was the gentlemanly thing to do and it reflects well to further game developments by him.

One key difference with the college boys you mention is that there is some money involved and that both the original and the remake / continuation were intended to make money. Not a huge amount like the two comic series I mentioned, but still.

Reactions: Dan the man 62

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah, of course we should not stamp on people.
and as u say, its CedSense's work and he should have something to say, and I also think, he should be the one in charge.
but reality is that he abandoned it. we have an unfinished product. I don't feel it wrong when someone is trying to finish someone else work. could be that a great sculptor never finished his work, should we just throw it away? I would think that it would be a great honor for the original sculptor is someone else can finish it, so his time and effort was not wasted.

if CedSense would say: give me time, I will get back, right now this and that, I try to update my status every 6 months to tell u how much more time out I need.
that I would agree, and I would not like someone else trying to make a continuation.

theres a few games in f95 that has similar fate.
one is Urban X Life, he disappeared, and after a long time, Nergal took it up and started to add content to the game.
what did Wootch do? when he saw people enjoyed it he showed up and was pissed off, so Nergal was forced to step down.
and for what? Wootch wanted to show off, but that resulted in nothing. just talk.
eventually Nergal created his own adaption, Urban Demons.

instead of letting Urban X Life evolve, he messed up because of greed today nobody cares about Urban X Life. his mistake.

marspig

Oct 16, 2018
Played 2 years ago and even today it's still a top erotic game.
The character's traits, the character's appearance, the rendering, the plot...especially the plot.

Unfortunately, there will never be a sequel.
Really don't know why? The developer died or what?

Okay, I read why...he made enough money off it, so he quit.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Agrik

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
yeah, of course we should not stamp on people.
and as u say, its CedSense's work and he should have something to say, and I also think, he should be the one in charge.
but reality is that he abandoned it. we have an unfinished product. I don't feel it wrong when someone is trying to finish someone else work. could be that a great sculptor never finished his work, should we just throw it away? I would think that it would be a great honor for the original sculptor is someone else can finish it, so his time and effort was not wasted.

if CedSense would say: give me time, I will get back, right now this and that, I try to update my status every 6 months to tell u how much more time out I need.
that I would agree, and I would not like someone else trying to make a continuation.

theres a few games in f95 that has similar fate.
one is Urban X Life, he disappeared, and after a long time, Nergal took it up and started to add content to the game.
what did Wootch do? when he saw people enjoyed it he showed up and was pissed off, so Nergal was forced to step down.
and for what? Wootch wanted to show off, but that resulted in nothing. just talk.
eventually Nergal created his own adaption, Urban Demons.

instead of letting Urban X Life evolve, he messed up because of greed today nobody cares about Urban X Life. his mistake.
There are some problems with this.

I could see if a developer died, or totally ghosted everything for at least 3+ years disappeared without a trace MIA or if the person got permission from the developer if they can be found.

In that situation yes, I could see someone picking up a popular project and giving it a reboot.

What they should NOT do however is take any of the renders from the existing abandoned project. If someone wants to pick this or another abandoned game up they don't just take 0.15 and build 0.16 directly on top of it. That is a big nono. You gotta rebuild everything from the ground up with some changes and hopefully improvements.

I'm pretty sure since this game first came out 5 years ago plenty of newer DAZ assets are available anyways for example.

Plus, patreon had different rules back then need a patch for something like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterDk78

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Wow I'm super disappointed we will never get to see Claire and the MC's relationship progress...let alone that potential throuple that was teased with adding Anna to their relationship. I kinda wished we had more scenes with Tammy and got to be with Melinda as a very close friend with benefits, not to mention how dark of a turn the story was going to go with Shenice, her father-the mayor and Eric. I can only imagine it might have included some form of blackmail involving Grace and possible pics of Claire and the MC together being intimate.

In any case, I enjoyed the large amount of content there was available to play and will hold out hope for a little longer before I decide if I want to just delete it from my computer...fingers crossed the Dev will come back to it someday. (y)

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
When He was active He was constantly communicating with his base and willingly stopped payment when He wasn't producing.

Reactions: sevensham
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes