VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
Man feeling so disappointed. I played this again the last few days and just came to see its stiff abandoned.

Anyone know what happened? Why did the author abandon it?

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Just not an abandoned game but someone attempted to "remake" Ced's game and I don't see anywhere mention of Ced in that game's thread.
Why would they mention the name of a dev to a compleyely different game?

That game is nothing at all like this.

That's like saying Call of Duty is a remake of Tetris. The only thing they have in common is they are both games.

Reactions: nuclearbomb

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Man feeling so disappointed. I played this again the last few days and just came to see its stiff abandoned.

Anyone know what happened? Why did the author abandon it?
Yeah and I still can't get over the fact that on the love path, the sex with the daughter most definitely would have happened in the next update...which never came.

But it's interesting that this had consistent updates and then just got abandoned.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Do you know why he quit making the game?
It could be that I've missed something, but I honestly think that's everybody's question. Unless I'm confusing CedSense with someone else, I believe it was just that suddenly he wasn't around anymore. There are a few devs that have done that, though, so I might be misremembering.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
It could be that I've missed something, but I honestly think that's everybody's question. Unless I'm confusing CedSense with someone else, I believe it was just that suddenly he wasn't around anymore. There are a few devs that have done that, though, so I might be misremembering.
with your memory? it's a good possibility.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Curious to see this thread necro'd, it has been dead for 3 years and was mediocre at best even back then..

You can assume that Ced, like 90%+ of hobby devs, didn't see the return they hoped for and decided to do something more worthwhile with their time, shouldn't be a mystery...

Reactions: x7CB and Gadget63

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Curious to see this thread necro'd, it has been dead for 3 years and was mediocre at best even back then..

You can assume that Ced, like 90%+ of hobby devs, didn't see the return they hoped for and decided to do something more worthwhile with their time, shouldn't be a mystery...
At the time his player base was quite healthy and picking up momentum.

He was on track to be making a good chunk of money from it.

It's one of the reasons it makes it so strange he stopped. It was profitable and would have been more so if he'd carried on so he gave up on money.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
At the time his player base was quite healthy and picking up momentum.

He was on track to be making a good chunk of money from it.

It's one of the reasons it makes it so strange he stopped. It was profitable and would have been more so if he'd carried on so he gave up on money.
Do you have access to info I'm not..? From what I can find they seamed to top out at just below 300 subs generating slightly below $1500.. not great stats if you're out to make a living.
If I remember correctly they where two splitting the work and pressumably the earnings.

It might have had nothing to do with it but if they wanted to make a career out of this those stats would explain the departure..

Last edited:

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Guys, if you'll would read the rest of the thread, everything would be clear but this is the short version:

CedSense had a fairly stable and devoted but growing fanbase and, let's say, medium income from this game, around $1500 / month. As far as I know, he didn't complain about this.

He was working together with Celeste, no idea about their business arrangements.

CenSense generally released updates according to his schedule.

CedSense quite abruptly disappeared, citing "health reasons".

CedSense paused Patreon most of the time, so existing Patreons were generally not charged for monthly updates that they did not receive.

An attempt of a remake was made recently, CedSense broke radio silence to ask them to stop development. This may indicate that he may actually want to continue development himself at some point, or that he simply wants to let his legacy rest.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Guys, if you'll would read the rest of the thread, everything would be clear but this is the short version:

CedSense had a fairly stable and devoted but growing fanbase and, let's say, medium income from this game, around $1500 / month. As far as I know, he didn't complain about this.

He was working together with Celeste, no idea about their business arrangements.

CenSense generally released updates according to his schedule.

CedSense quite abruptly disappeared, citing "health reasons".

CedSense paused Patreon most of the time, so existing Patreons were generally not charged for monthly updates that they did not receive.

An attempt of a remake was made recently, CedSense broke radio silence to ask them to stop development. This may indicate that he may actually want to continue development himself at some point, or that he simply wants to let his legacy rest.
not much of a legacy, in this case.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes