Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
man what is the relationships in this game??
so confusing with this tenant landlady crap

any patch?

list of the currect names?
I just did as in some Games with definable Relationships, Landlady - Mom, Tenant - Daughter and Roommate - Sister. I'm not sure about Norah though but i'm assuming Aunt

Last edited:

onefingersalute

Formerly 'underwatersparkle'
Mar 30, 2022
i will check this out but something tells me their is hidden tags here that are not spoken of as of yet but as you play with discover them for yourself either that or i am misreading/misjudging the info about the VN either way will check it out (y) :coffee: :cool:

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Indeed, for 2 and a half years I would expect less bugs and incomplete elements (that are aplenty even during the first day). But the project is ambitious, lots of complex UI and functions, so it's not that ridiculous overall.

Is every thing a work in progress cause I can't seem to advance the story at all
If it's day 1, check "Hints" and see that your meeting is @ 7am tomorrow. => Go to bed.

Bug report:

I couldn't start the game past presplash:
Code:
Full traceback:
  File "scripts/gui/menu/main_menu.rpyc", line 6, in script
  File "/mnt/m21/home/azs/Games/Our_Home/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/mnt/m21/home/azs/Games/Our_Home/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/gui/menu/main_menu.rpy", line 9, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/class/Data/JSONDatabase_ren.py", line 68, in select_records
ValueError: Table 'news' does not exist.

While running game code:
Maybe that's because I block the game from internet, but still, it should not crash in such cases.

Sometimes dialogs are stupid and boring:

"In my first hours here, I was almost mugged."
"The rumors of a violent city seem like just rumors."
"I hope it really is."

He was just almost killed, and the next thing he thinks, "I hope he rumors of a violent city are really just rumors".
WTF is this logic?

Anyway, the game looks promising. Please less saggy tits, more lolis.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
crashes after loading screen, cant even load main menu
View attachment 3174668
As a temporary fix, you can create in "game" folder folders: "/scripts/gui/menu/" (first folder "scripts", inside that folder "gui" etc) and place there file main_menu.rpy with this content (lines 9 and 10 tried to load news, I removed that so "news" wouldn't work, but wouldn't crash the game either):
PS. If you did that and received error regarding "defined twice", it's just the first time Ren'Py has to compile ".rpyc" from ".rpy". Reload or restart the game, and since that it should run OK.

Last edited:

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Anybody get it to work on Android? Neither the PC version works on joiplay nor the apk (the android app installs correctly and when I click on it...it crashes without any screen or permission UIs).
I do not recommend using joiplay , the instructions for installing it on Android are in the post.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Indeed, for 2 and a half years I would expect less bugs and incomplete elements (that are aplenty even during the first day). But the project is ambitious, lots of complex UI and functions, so it's not that ridiculous overall.

If it's day 1, check "Hints" and see that your meeting is @ 7am tomorrow. => Go to bed.

Bug report:

Code:
Full traceback:
  File "/mnt/m21/home/azs/Games/Our_Home/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode

While running game code:
Maybe that's because I block the game from internet, but still, it should not crash in such cases.

"I hope it really is."

He was just almost killed, and the next thing he thinks, "I hope he rumors of a violent city are really just rumors".
WTF is this logic?

Our Home needs internet at some points in the game, for some things to work well, they are resources, and unfortunately I can't predict all the scenarios where the internet isn't working or I've blocked traffic, I can try to create some way to control these functionalities when the user does not want to use the internet but he will be without a series of resources.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021

Bug report:

Code:
Full traceback:

While running game code:

"I hope it really is."

WTF is this logic?

Regarding the dialogues up to a certain point in the game, take a look at this post: .

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Our Home needs internet at some points in the game, for some things to work well, they are resources, and unfortunately I can't predict all the scenarios where the internet isn't working or I've blocked traffic, I can try to create some way to control these functionalities when the user does not want to use the internet but he will be without a series of resources.
May I ask you, what resources? If it's things like news and achievements, I'm happy without them. (Steam for some reason doesn't work for me there too. Perhaps I just turned it off on my computer). I run all the games in sandbox, so without very serious reason I'm not turning network on.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
May I ask you, what resources? If it's things like news and achievements, I'm happy without them. (Steam for some reason doesn't work for me there too. Perhaps I just turned it off on my computer). I run all the games in sandbox, so without very serious reason I'm not turning network on.

The list of all resources is here, at least those created from the last version until now:

In addition to these, the game has the possibility for people to send their suggestions for proofreading the game's dialogues, while playing, this helps me improve the quality of the text.

But as I said, it is viable to parameterize all these resources that use the internet.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Regarding the dialogues up to a certain point in the game, take a look at this post: .
Ah, OK. It's nice that you take quality seriously. A propos, I like him with the longer hair in the second photo. Like 70'es look. Yummy.
PS. I personally like that originally his hair looks er... indeed that's the story, nothing to complain about.

Last edited:

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
PS. Sorry for being too pedantic, but after he got the haircut, he comes to Danielle and she says: "gone through post traumatic situations". The word "post" shouldn't be there; "gone through traumatic situations".
Cheers!

Reactions: OldHiccup

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
PS. Sorry for being too pedantic, but after he got the haircut, he comes to Danielle and she says: "gone through post traumatic situations". The word "post" shouldn't be there; "gone through traumatic situations".
Cheers!

No apology necessary; this text is open to refinement.
Please feel comfortable sharing your suggestions for improvement. I am receptive to feedback, approaching it with an open mind. I strive to enhance my work continually. The only limitation I uphold is in altering the core narrative; however, I remain open to exploring and implementing any other ideas, resources, or textual enhancements that can contribute to an improved overall experience or gameplay.

Reactions: m0us3r

sigird

May 26, 2020
Thanks for the feedbacks.

If you read the comments above, I made a mistake when filling in future tags. My game does not have NTR, the focus of the game is romance and harem.

I wanted to make it clear that, I know exactly what I'm doing, I'm fully convinced of all the goals I want to achieve in this game, and I know exactly where this is going.

Thank you all for the feedback, I receive it very naturally, don't worry :)
Why does it instantly close the game on Android?

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Lmao over 2 years in the building and less than 10 animations ?
that's nothing!
I know guys who spend more then 30 years in "the building".
Perhaps this 30-year-old game has enjoyed quite a bit of financial assistance, while I've been diligently hunting down and putting every available penny to good use to push things forward.

In a nutshell, for the past seven months, we've been toiling away, raking in an average of $140 per month. Just on electricity bills during this time, we've spent a whopping $820—almost everything we've collected, leaving us with the rest of the money.

We've managed to churn out over 2000 top-notch renders and more than 15 quality animations during this period.

If you were to make a quick comparison with other games boasting budgets much larger than ours, they don't even produce 50% of the renders with the quality we're putting out. So, while these comments might be amusing, they're a tad unfair.

Also, let's not forget, the game is free here, thanks to the handful of wonderful folks who chip in financially. Therefore, positive messages or any suggestions that could help enhance the game would be more than welcome.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes