Young wolf

Jun 13, 2017
I installed the android version following the instructions but when i open the game it closes automatically after i put the rpa file

Reactions: OWSam000

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Why does it instantly close the game on Android?
I installed the android version following the instructions but when i open the game it closes automatically after i put the rpa file

You probably couldn't have correctly followed the installation instructions on Android, take a look here:

Unfortunately it may not work for some models, I was unable to catalog them all

If that doesn't work, try this version:

Try updated links

Last edited:
Reactions: Young wolf

Young wolf

Jun 13, 2017
You probably couldn't have correctly followed the installation instructions on Android, take a look here:

Seems like the download failed since the file was less than 2GB, I'll try to download from a different host

Edit: i tried downloading again and i tried the compressed version but still the same issue, I'm on Android 10

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022

This game dont work nowhere on android homie,tried your exact steps,the apk crashes asap on opening without asking for the perms,gave the file perms manually still it crashes. Tried that compressed apk which does the same thing. Tried joiplay too it also doesnt open. And i can confirm it aint a device problem

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I have tried to play the VN mode.
Start the game > pick up trash minigame > forced point and click to enter and navigate some office building > delete
The renders in the OP show some cute girls but the sandbox kills it.
I will try in the future to see if the VN mode has improved.
Until then good luck with your project.

snideremark

Dec 20, 2022
For some reason the 'Resilience Rises' achievement doesn't trigger for me. Noras achievements (2 of them as a pair is mutually exclusive) triggered even in retrospect, but the robbery one didn't even trigger after I went through the event again.

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Sighs when I click on the view the girls info I get this error now. Now I can't even view hints for the girls now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I uploaded my save if the dev wants to see.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
Sadly, the game keeps crashing. I have downloaded from a couple of different sites and with both Mac and PC version.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

File "game/scripts/gui/menu/main_menu.rpy", line 9, in <module>

ValueError: Table 'news' does not exist.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "/private/var/folders/2b/5vf2hd494_gbthy56jft4f4c0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/12C466DF-1392-47B9-81CE-7CF75B53C0AD/d/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap

renpy.main.main()

File "/private/var/folders/2b/5vf2hd494_gbthy56jft4f4c0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/12C466DF-1392-47B9-81CE-7CF75B53C0AD/d/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 583, in main

renpy.game.context().run(node)

File "scripts/gui/menu/main_menu.rpyc", line 6, in script

File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_

File "/private/var/folders/2b/5vf2hd494_gbthy56jft4f4c0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/12C466DF-1392-47B9-81CE-7CF75B53C0AD/d/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute

renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)

File "/private/var/folders/2b/5vf2hd494_gbthy56jft4f4c0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/12C466DF-1392-47B9-81CE-7CF75B53C0AD/d/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode

exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

File "game/scripts/class/Data/JSONDatabase_ren.py", line 68, in select_records

Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307

Our Home 2.12.0

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I have tried to play the VN mode.
Start the game > pick up trash minigame > forced point and click to enter and navigate some office building > delete
The renders in the OP show some cute girls but the sandbox kills it.
I will try in the future to see if the VN mode has improved.
Until then good luck with your project.
You experienced only 10% of the game and criticized it without providing constructive feedback or positively influencing others. You didn't offer real suggestions on how the VN mode could be improved.

One could argue that the majority of games with VN mode require some form of "point and click" interaction. Dismissing a game due to a sequence of clicks with fewer than 5 actions seems like an exaggerated reaction. Regardless, I respect your opinion and am willing to consider any constructive perspective that can be gleaned from your comment.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Sadly, the game keeps crashing. I have downloaded from a couple of different sites and with both Mac and PC version.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "/private/var/folders/2b/5vf2hd494_gbthy56jft4f4c0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/12C466DF-1392-47B9-81CE-7CF75B53C0AD/d/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap

renpy.main.main()

File "/private/var/folders/2b/5vf2hd494_gbthy56jft4f4c0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/12C466DF-1392-47B9-81CE-7CF75B53C0AD/d/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 583, in main

renpy.game.context().run(node)

File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_

File "/private/var/folders/2b/5vf2hd494_gbthy56jft4f4c0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/12C466DF-1392-47B9-81CE-7CF75B53C0AD/d/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute

renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)

File "/private/var/folders/2b/5vf2hd494_gbthy56jft4f4c0000gp/T/AppTranslocation/12C466DF-1392-47B9-81CE-7CF75B53C0AD/d/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode

exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

File "game/scripts/class/Data/JSONDatabase_ren.py", line 68, in select_records

Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307

Our Home 2.12.0

While I sort this out, you can try this solution.
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-home-v2-12-0-old-hiccup.87718/post-12445150

The new version available resolves this and other reported issues.

Last edited:

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
As a temporary fix, you can create in "game" folder folders: "/scripts/gui/menu/" (first folder "scripts", inside that folder "gui" etc) and place there file main_menu.rpy with this content (lines 9 and 10 tried to load news, I removed that so "news" wouldn't work, but wouldn't crash the game either):
PS. If you did that and received error regarding "defined twice", it's just the first time Ren'Py has to compile ".rpyc" from ".rpy". Reload or restart the game, and since that it should run OK.
Thanks.

I'll give that a go. :coffee:

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Sighs when I click on the view the girls info I get this error now. Now I can't even view hints for the girls now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I uploaded my save if the dev wants to see.
I identified this error, I made a small, patch, you can extract it into the game's root folder, let me know if this worked for you;

Reactions: Almighty

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
I've noticed an issue (well kinda issue imo) with transitions, if you disable transitions in the options they happen regardless. One that seems to happen over and over is the person walking intros which means I have to right click twice (open and close main menu) to skip them even though they should be disabled. I personally don't need a song and dance transition intro for them to know who they are as the name on the text box tells me who they are. If those can be disabled with the other transitions (that have been disabled as these are the only ones that happen) it would improve the game in my opinion. Not trying to sound like an ass, they're just annoying to me.

Reactions: OldHiccup

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I've noticed an issue (well kinda issue imo) with the VN mode, if you disable transitions in the options they happen regardless. One that seems to happen over and over is the person walking intros which means I have to right click twice (open and close main menu) to skip them even though they should be disabled. I personally don't need a song and dance transition intro for them to know who they are as the name on the text box tells me who they are. If those can be disabled with the other transitions (that have been disabled as these are the only ones that happen) it would improve the game in my opinion. Not trying to sound like an ass, they're just annoying to me.
I totally get what you're talking about. In the early days of the game, I used to make character introduction videos, but I kinda dropped that over time. But hey, the prologue is something I'm planning to revisit down the road. No worries, your game progress will stay solid when I do that revamp. The removal of those intros will happen in the prologue without needing to mess with any new settings for it.

After a certain point in the game you will realize that these introductions no longer exist.

Reactions: XanusR

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
You experienced only 10% of the game and criticized it without providing constructive feedback or positively influencing others. You didn't offer real suggestions on how the VN mode could be improved.

One could argue that the majority of games with VN mode require some form of "point and click" interaction. Dismissing a game due to a sequence of clicks with fewer than 5 actions seems like an exaggerated reaction. Regardless, I respect your opinion and am willing to consider any constructive perspective that can be gleaned from your comment.
There's no point in replying to comments like that one. Wasting your time. Not worth.

Reactions: shiqz
Jun 16, 2023
This game dont work nowhere on android homie,tried your exact steps,the apk crashes asap on opening without asking for the perms,gave the file perms manually still it crashes. Tried that compressed apk which does the same thing. Tried joiplay too it also doesnt open. And i can confirm it aint a device problem
Same issue, hopefully community porters can provide a port. (Current installation steps are out of date, there's no data.rpa it's just a whole packaged apk)..

For Android joiplay:
This temp fix worked for me in joiplay (compressed Pc). I'm using the latest joiplay from couple of weeks ago. if you can't find the folder in question, I just used the unpack archives option in joiplay (after I added the game there) and it helps unpack folders. Been waiting to try this puppy out and it looks good. Hopefully no more errors :)

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Same issue, hopefully community porters can provide a port. (Current installation steps are out of date, there's no data.rpa it's just a whole packaged apk)..

For Android joiplay:
This temp fix worked for me in joiplay (compressed Pc). I'm using the latest joiplay from couple of weeks ago. if you can't find the folder in question, I just used the unpack archives option in joiplay (after I added the game there) and it helps unpack folders. Been waiting to try this puppy out and it looks good. Hopefully no more errors :)

The compression version doesn't require the use of an data.rpa file because the data.rpa file it contains the original images and videos of the game. This approach allows players to enjoy high-quality gameplay, enabling the game to exceed 2 GB even on Android devices, without the need for third-party tools.

The issue at hand is related to two specific factors:

1. Internet access difficulties.
  2. Inability to save a file to the disk or Android system.
I already solved the bug of adjusting some things before releasing a version. I noticed that this occurs more with Android users.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes