Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vualen

Nov 5, 2018
Really enjoyed this short game part, not much but done very good job :love: Very intuitive and convenient controls, nice animations and graphics, plus subtle sounds(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: OldHiccup

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Really enjoyed this short game part, not much but done very good job :love: Very intuitive and convenient controls, nice animations and graphics, plus subtle sounds(y)

Hello! Thank you for play Our Home. We would love to hear more about your experience, especially regarding the reunion between Emily and (MC). What did you think?

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
You experienced only 10% of the game and criticized it without providing constructive feedback or positively influencing others. You didn't offer real suggestions on how the VN mode could be improved.

One could argue that the majority of games with VN mode require some form of "point and click" interaction. Dismissing a game due to a sequence of clicks with fewer than 5 actions seems like an exaggerated reaction. Regardless, I respect your opinion and am willing to consider any constructive perspective that can be gleaned from your comment.
The feedback was implicit in my post. If someone picks No Sandbox he doesn't expect minigames or navigation of any kind between screens. Maybe you aren't familiar with VNs, try some if you want to make anything besides Sandbox content.
It wasn't all negative either, like I said the renders are good and there are some hot models. And even if the game wasn't for me I hope you success with it. You show passion and dedication to your project. So again, good luck and best wishes.

Last edited:

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
Dunno if it's just the VN mode but this game is super buggy. Got trapped in the apartment and couldn't do anything but move around the rooms, and had to restart the game. The event where you rented the apartment didn't start at all, it just put me in the apartment with the hint saying "clean your room" but it was already clean. Sometimes the game will just rollback randomly and I'll have to re-start interactions when I have to talk to someone.

Edit: the rollback thing is from me clicking on a specific spot on the screen. Pretty much clicking anywhere near the bottom left makes you roll back.

Last edited:
Reactions: leproso
Mar 4, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/gui/menu/main_menu.rpy", line 9, in <module>
ValueError: Table 'news' does not exist.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/johncappelli/MEGAsync Downloads/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/johncappelli/MEGAsync Downloads/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 583, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "scripts/gui/menu/main_menu.rpyc", line 6, in script
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
File "/Users/johncappelli/MEGAsync Downloads/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Users/johncappelli/MEGAsync Downloads/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/class/Data/JSONDatabase_ren.py", line 68, in select_records

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
Our Home 2.12.0
Fri Dec 15 15:13:35 2023

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/johncappelli/MEGAsync Downloads/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/johncappelli/MEGAsync Downloads/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 583, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
File "/Users/johncappelli/MEGAsync Downloads/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Users/johncappelli/MEGAsync Downloads/Our Home.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/class/Data/JSONDatabase_ren.py", line 68, in select_records

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
Our Home 2.12.0
Fri Dec 15 15:13:35 2023
I had the same traceback issue when trying to open the game. Unfortunately, the main menu.rpy substitute didn't fix it. :coffee:

Acesaw

May 11, 2017
hmmm any patch? all this roommate and landlady stuff is getting hard to endure.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
hmmm any patch? all this roommate and landlady stuff is getting hard to endure.
Well I edited the relationships further (I manually changed the landlady, tenant and roommate comments...at least most of them using 0x52_URM tool), you could try this relationship file (just extract and drop it into your game folder, then start your game).

Reactions: LOL32

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I had the same traceback issue when trying to open the game. Unfortunately, the main menu.rpy substitute didn't fix it. :coffee:
I just finished this update, and had no script errors for my play through. Though, I just had one issue with the panties on the bed...I didn't pick them up, but the story said I did. (Well, not kink shaming, and it's not my thing....but I decided to replay that part and grab them anyways. I guess I'm now collecting undies. :KEK: )

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
soadeths

Thank you sincerely for your fair assessment of Our Home. I fully acknowledge that perfection is not something we attain, and I am aware of some areas that need improvement.

I will pay special attention to your feedback regarding the narrative and how the story unfolds. I am confident that I can make improvements in this aspect.

Regarding the sandbox, it is true that we face some limitations in producing relevant content simultaneously with the development of story events. We are aware of this issue and are working to overcome these limitations gradually.

The free-roam functionality was initially designed to allow players to take actions that bring them closer to the characters, providing details about each person's profile. Some specific actions, of course, require prior interaction with the character before they are unlocked. As you get to know more characters, new sandbox actions will be made available. We are committed to making this experience engaging, avoiding it becoming monotonous, and instead strengthening your connection with the characters.

As for the possibility of me abandoning the game, I want to assure you that I have no plans in that regard. I am deeply involved in the development of Our Home and am passionate about it. Considering the releases we have made, I believe we have made a significant leap in terms of content over the past seven months. I hope you notice this when evaluating the size of the latest version.

Once again, I greatly appreciate your assessment, which seemed fair and sensible to me. Your observations are valuable and will contribute to further enhancing the Our Home experience.

Acesaw

May 11, 2017
Well I edited the relationships further (I manually changed the landlady, tenant and roommate comments...at least most of them using 0x52_URM tool), you could try this relationship file (just extract and drop it into your game folder, then start your game).
you wouldn't happen to have a fix for relationship error would you? i keep getting this when i open relationship. 1702674677599.png

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
you wouldn't happen to have a fix for relationship error would you? i keep getting this when i open relationship. View attachment 3176377
Sorry, it didn't work for you. Odd, I have not had any issues with any of the in game features...which gave me no errors at all.
And I normally use 0x52_URM tool to edit points, etc...with all my Re'py titles. ("alt and m" to open the 0x52_URM tool's search function, and searched for landlady, roommate, and tenant. I then change them to sister (tenant), sisters (tenants/roommates), as well landlady to mom and or mother.)

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Sorry, it didn't work for you. Odd, I have not had any issues with any of the in game features...which gave me no errors at all.
And I normally use 0x52_URM tool to edit points, etc...with all my Re'py titles. ("alt and m" to open the 0x52_URM tool's search function, and searched for landlady, roommate, and tenant. I then change them to sister (tenant), sisters (tenants/roommates), as well landlady to mom and or mother.)
This is another error, it is not related to changes in relationships. I have already corrected this, I am uploading a version with corrections for the 3 errors mapped here.

Reactions: MrBenny
3.90 star(s) 17 Votes