VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

YosafireK

Dec 15, 2018
You realize Cove *is* supposed to be on the autism spectrum, right? How about, I dunno, having basic levels of respect for humans other than yourself, rather than whining about how they don't act 'normal'? Sharing a bed is a big deal to some people.

And no duh there's no sexual content, it says that in the tags. There will be one 'NSFW' moment later, but it hasn't been finished yet.
Haha, there were many times where I wanted to write why Cove acts so emotional, but didnt have the guts to do it. Glad that someone does know that Cove has been confirmed to be on the autism spectrum though.

Arastin

Oct 6, 2017
Kinda weird seeing the "loli" tag here when it really doesn't apply to this game. Unless there's a route I didn't see while playing (and I doubt that there is for that type of content), that one shouldn't really be there.

Last edited:

I.S.O.

Mar 24, 2019
Haha, there were many times where I wanted to write why Cove acts so emotional, but didnt have the guts to do it. Glad that someone does know that Cove has been confirmed to be on the autism spectrum though.
Yeah, I actually followed the development of this game for a while before it was released. I'm a big fan of it (which might be why I'm kinda defensive of it). xD

Anyway, that's something the developers did specify - Cove's never actually been tested in-universe, but he IS on the spectrum.

Kinda weird seeing the "loli" tag here when it really doesn't apply to this game. Unless there's a route I didn't see while playing (and I doubt that there is for that type of content), that one shouldn't really be there.
Yeah, my guess is because you can technically play a loli in part 1, if you play a girl, but...then it should have the shota tag, too (both for male MCs and Cove). I can see both of them applying, even though the game isn't sexual, but...I dunno.

Arastin

Oct 6, 2017
Yeah, my guess is because you can technically play a loli in part 1, if you play a girl, but...then it should have the shota tag, too (both for male MCs and Cove). I can see both of them applying, even though the game isn't sexual, but...I dunno.
I can't... at all, really. Neither tag really fits on this game just because you play as a kid. I guess just the way lolicon or even shotacon is used has always been weird to me and seeing this tagged with such knowing it has none of that content in there is even weirder to me.

Reactions: sweaterweather4327

I.S.O.

Mar 24, 2019
This has probably been addressed in the 15 pages prior, but if anyone is wondering - Cove is the only romanceable character at the moment. There will be DLCs to romance other characters (specifically, Derek and Baxter) released in the future. This game does only have male romance options, but there will be a sequel with more variety at some point.

Alter_Reyd

May 25, 2020
A good VN especially if you wanna feel appreciated (lol)

too bad the old DLCs 1 & 2 doesn't work in the newest build on Android (or maybe I did a mistake when installing the dlcs)

atur

Nov 5, 2019
I have played this game for roughly 5 hours straight and I can safely say I would kill for this boy
Really now, doing Homicide for another Person? I see doing it for an Electronic Piece of Equipment but for another blood filled Homo Sapien? Crazy!

Reactions: Luckyroses

squishtae

Jun 5, 2018
I was a patron of this game and followed the development closely! I can def say this game is absolutely beautiful and creates this connection between the MC and Cove wonderfully.
Unfortunately I won't get it from here since I want to wait till they're fully done (or somewhat close) so I can support them some more! But it's great to see people enjoy it. I'd kill for Cove as well.

OrpheousTelos

Jul 27, 2017
Okay, this seemed promising and I like the idea behind it. More games should feature only one romantic interest, and focus on making that one relationship evolve in various different ways depending on player input. That being said, I really hate how player action was implemented- you just choose how your character will treat the dude, and how they feel about him; and then the game basically tells you to fuck off and view various vignettes from their lives (half of which seem to be locked behind DLCs that might never get made, Ive seen it happen before). You make some choices, but theyre not really remembered as far as I can tell, I viewed only a handful of scenes from the beginning part of the game.

The writing is a bit wierd as well. Theyre all 8 in the start of the game, but talk in this manner thats 3/4 akin to a kid from your average american movie, and 1/4 like kid from an anime. Idk, I remember somewhat well how I and my peers talked to each other at that age, and it was much more intricate. Basically, one of the convos at the begining of the game goes: "
A: "Is pink your favourite colour?"
B: "No.. I like blue, and red and orange."
C: "Me too, those are some good colours."
Child characters in this have some distinct personality traits, sure, but its all a bit too... bland for me. Like kids in media often are. Or maybe thats just the case in wherever this takes place in, IDK. Maybe the author has taken some direct inspiration from their own childhood experiences, in which case, the problem lies in me not relating to the way these characters speak and behave.

• Haha
Reactions: atur

I.S.O.

Mar 24, 2019
(half of which seem to be locked behind DLCs that might never get made, Ive seen it happen before)
You realize those DLCs have ALREADY been made, right?

The game will have 4 'Steps' set at different ages; Step 1 at age 8, Step 2 at age 13, Step 3 at age 18, and Step 4 at age 23. Step 4 is still being worked on, but Steps 1-3 are finished, and each has five 'Moments' to play through in the base game, along with five more moments that are part of the (already released) DLC.

YosafireK

Dec 15, 2018
You make some choices, but theyre not really remembered as far as I can tell, I viewed only a handful of scenes from the beginning part of the game.
Pretty sure the choices are remembered. Like the dollar choice, running away with Cove(The parents will start to say MC is always going to follow along with Cove in step 2), when asking what type Cove likes or the anklet talk. I have seen choices being remembered from step 1 to step 3. Adding the DLC's will add changes to the story. When you share food with Cove during step 1 and step 2, this changes the dialogue in step 3 during one of the base moments (not dlc). So the choices are remembered, but probably not in a way people want to.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019
I can't... at all, really. Neither tag really fits on this game just because you play as a kid. I guess just the way lolicon or even shotacon is used has always been weird to me and seeing this tagged with such knowing it has none of that content in there is even weirder to me.
Yeah when I saw the tag I was confused and weirded out. Although the characters are kids at some point, by the end they're adults. Its seriously weird to me to tag it with that when that's very specific (and goddamn weird) tag.

Reactions: Arastin
4.70 star(s) 25 Votes