VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
So 18+ DLC is still only about Cove and MC first hand/blowjob experience?
Yes and there won't be anymore to it as the 18+ DLC was a stretch goal from the kickstarter. If we see another 18+ DLC it'll likely be after the kickstarter for OL2.

Miukinnie02

Jul 26, 2021

Our Life: Baxter DLC Build 1.6.8B (PC, Mac, & Android)
Alright everybody, this should be the penultimate beta for Baxter! Step 3 was finished before and now there's a very good amount of Step 4 to experience. But, as you might be able to tell from the screenshot, Baxter's not gonna make things easy. For the MC or himself. Good luck, ahah.
Windows/Linux Download Link
Mac Download Link
Android Download Link
Important Notes To Play the Beta:
  • You access Baxter's Step 3 Moments by clicking a yellow button on the right hand side of the Moment Selection Screen.
  • The extra Step 3 scene for Baxter in the 'and then summer ended' section happens after the credits!
  • You need to play all of Baxter's Step 3 Moments to get the option to play Baxter's Step version of Step 4.
  • Baxter's DLC begins in the Step 3 opening. You can play from the beginning of the story until that point or start a new file and use an option at the start of the beta to skip right to Step 3.
  • Save files from this beta won't work in other beta builds or the main game. You can load saves from the main game in the beta but you need to play Step 3 from the beginning to see the new content.
New Content:
  • A large portion of Baxter Step 4 was implemented
  • Over 51,000 words of new content was added in total
  • The Baxter DLC should work with Cove's content in terms of logical continuity, though more bonus alterations may be added over time
  • Missing and incomplete art from prior builds got added
  • Errors were fixed from the previous beta
I hope the continuation of his story was worth the wait, especially after how things worked out in Step 3. Baxter loves to be unique and his DLC is quite different from everything else in Our Life. Thank you for all of the feedback so far!
SO SORRY TO BOTHER YOU THOMAS, YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE PEOPLE HERE, SO I WAS HOPING YOU WOULD HAVE THE BETA. The beta is now fully completed!!

Thomas1999

May 12, 2020

Our Life: Baxter DLC Build 1.6.9B (PC, Mac, & Android)
Yes Baxter, here we are. This is it. The beta we've got for you today has the entire story of Mr. Ward!!!! Thank God.
I do need to explain, though, that generally a beta update is 20-25k words of new content. However, this build is 90,000 words bigger than the last one. All added in less than 30 days. That's never gonna happen again, not even close, haha. I was particularly motivated to just get this man out already after how many years it's taken to truly finish OL1, but it'd be unwise to push that much in the future. At least not until OL2's last expansion is on the horizon.
This does mean it's guaranteed that there will be some issues in the build. They should be fairly small ones, at least. I think any game-breaking problems were resolved with our own testing.
If you come across an error report screen, you can click the ignore button to keep playing!
And the last preface, is that a few of the backgrounds aren't done yet. So, there are stand-ins used for certain scenes. Now here's the download links-

• You access Baxter's Step 3 Moments by clicking a yellow button on the right hand side of the Moment Selection Screen.
  • The extra Step 3 scene for Baxter in the 'and then summer ended' section happens after the credits!
  • You need to play all of Baxter's Step 3 Moments to get the option to play Baxter's Step version of Step 4.
  • Baxter's DLC begins in the Step 3 opening. You can play from the beginning of the story until that point or start a new file and use an option at the start of the beta to skip right to Step 3.
  • Save files from this beta won't work in other beta builds or the main game. You can load saves from the main game in the beta but you need to play Step 3 from the beginning to see the new content.
  • Minor spoilers: There's only one way to start a romantic relationship with Baxter in Step 3. There are three ways to start a romantic relationship in Step 4. You can date Baxter in Step 3 and 4, only date him in S3 and not in S4, not date him in S3 and only start dating in S4, or never date him.
New Content:
  • The rest of Baxter's Step 4 is now playable. His story is included from start to finish!
  • Over 90,000 words of new content was added in total
  • The CGs will unlock in the gallery
There's still final polish, fixing stuff, adding voice acting, and those odds and ends but it's pretty surreal to have the entire experience here. I'm gonna need more time to get used to that concept, aha.
With all that said, I just hope people are happy with what we made. Baxter's an incredibly dramatic man. He's lived up to his own goals of being unique in the world of Our Life: Beginnings & Always. Now we'll have to see if that's a good thing or not. Thank you for playing

KratosGL

Oct 1, 2022

Our Life: Baxter DLC Build 1.6.9B (PC, Mac, & Android)
Yes Baxter, here we are. This is it. The beta we've got for you today has the entire story of Mr. Ward!!!! Thank God.
I do need to explain, though, that generally a beta update is 20-25k words of new content. However, this build is 90,000 words bigger than the last one. All added in less than 30 days. That's never gonna happen again, not even close, haha. I was particularly motivated to just get this man out already after how many years it's taken to truly finish OL1, but it'd be unwise to push that much in the future. At least not until OL2's last expansion is on the horizon.
This does mean it's guaranteed that there will be some issues in the build. They should be fairly small ones, at least. I think any game-breaking problems were resolved with our own testing.
If you come across an error report screen, you can click the ignore button to keep playing!
And the last preface, is that a few of the backgrounds aren't done yet. So, there are stand-ins used for certain scenes. Now here's the download links-
Windows/Linux Download Link
Mac Download Link
Android Download Link
  • Minor spoilers: There's only one way to start a romantic relationship with Baxter in Step 3. There are three ways to start a romantic relationship in Step 4. You can date Baxter in Step 3 and 4, only date him in S3 and not in S4, not date him in S3 and only start dating in S4, or never date him.
New Content:
  • The rest of Baxter's Step 4 is now playable. His story is included from start to finish!
  • Over 90,000 words of new content was added in total
  • The CGs will unlock in the gallery
There's still final polish, fixing stuff, adding voice acting, and those odds and ends but it's pretty surreal to have the entire experience here. I'm gonna need more time to get used to that concept, aha.
With all that said, I just hope people are happy with what we made. Baxter's an incredibly dramatic man. He's lived up to his own goals of being unique in the world of Our Life: Beginnings & Always. Now we'll have to see if that's a good thing or not. Thank you for playing
THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!!!

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes