VN Ren'Py Completed Our Lovely Escape [Release Sept 30] [Reine Works]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
So I'm just curious about something. What was Top hat studios role in this? Because this game is listed on both Reine works and top hat's website.

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
OK, I'm about half an hour in and so far, and the protagonist is being a complete moron half the time. Almost all the dialogue with Lissa so far is just Lissa berating the protagonist for saying something painfully stupid.

Does this get better? Or is this just what the quality of writing in the whole game is like?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
OK, I'm about half an hour in and so far, and the protagonist is being a complete moron half the time. Almost all the dialogue with Lissa so far is just Lissa berating the protagonist for saying something painfully stupid.

Does this get better? Or is this just what the quality of writing in the whole game is like?
I haven't played it all yet, I'm playing something else right now but about where I stopped in this game (as a male mc) the mc had just been on a date with Lissa and later on he can tell her to stop treating him like a child and see him as a man so things may change after that point not sure what it's like if the mc is female.

Reactions: Lunarius

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hopefully I can get a version number. And good thing I didn’t mark it complete. I knew this would happen.
Any chance on when this update is coming?

Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
^^^ According to JBonesy possibly tomorrow Ryahn ?

...And good thing I didn’t mark it complete.

Always seems to happen - lol

Reactions: AmazonessKing

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
^^^ According to JBonesy possibly tomorrow Ryahn ?

...And good thing I didn’t mark it complete.

Always seems to happen - lol
Looks I have an update on steam now. So I will do a comparison and try to make an update fix

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
So my comparison tool is showing that all files were changed. So its impossible on my end to figure out a patch. So the whole game is getting uploaded again along with a new compressed version.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Update added to OP

TRMxFALCON

Nov 6, 2018
walkthrough?

I seem to get the dull endings when trying or hitting random options.
Well i had 2 endings so far.

Anyway the game seems to be quite short and both endings are not realy detailed. it looks more like the developer just didnt even like to give a short detail of what happend after game ends.
Overall the game and its graphics are nice, but story is quite short, there are not much of decissions to make nor you realy can "flirt" with the girls.
You more often have to decide what you eat then anything else LoL

realname_tba

Aug 31, 2017
Played through once, got an ending where
Don't think I'll be playing any more. The genre subversion is somewhat interesting, but overall playing this game just makes me deeply uncomfortable. Maybe that's what they were going for, but I don't really want to subject myself to 14 more routes of it. DDLC gave me a vaguely similar feeling but at least it was short and sweet.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
hmm steam is showing another update. Not sure what it fixes or adds

• Thinking Face

realname_tba

Aug 31, 2017
Can someone give me a guide/walkthrough?my pc kind of potato and my heart can't take lissa shit anymore
It's not worth it, man. I haven't played through all the endings but from what I understand even the "good" ones are unsatisfying. It's not a feel-good VN, it's trying to "make you think" about the conventions of the medium... or something. From what I've seen of it, in my opinion it's not even doing a particularly good job of that. At least I sincerely hope it was intended to be subversive, because if the characters in this were written to be genuinely interesting or sympathetic in and of themselves, then the author must be absolutely delusional.

At first I thought it was trying to put characters with more realistic traits and their own significant baggage to deal with into a stereotypical H-game setting. That seemed interesting, but then all the characters just turn out to be unbelievable psycho monsters in like 80% of the endings. It's not even given much justification, in most cases it just comes out of nowhere and then the game is abruptly over. IDK if the game was rushed for some reason or if that's how it's supposed to be, but in any case any message this game is trying to get across isn't nearly interesting enough to justify playing through 15 endings, and the "good" endings aren't worth the trouble.

notananimefan

Jan 24, 2019
The long one lol(too much to quote)
Can confirm that this is certifiably garbage. The good endings make no sense like you said.

Even worse is the
Like what the hell were they on when they wrote the script?

Sorry for the necro btw

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote