JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
It's really simple, you can have all the casual sex you want, but if you don't stop it after you get into a monogamous relationship you are a straight-up cheater
Well, yes. I haven't been following the entire convo but was anyone disputing this? Seems like a clear-cut thing.

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Well, yes. I haven't been following the entire convo but was anyone disputing this? Seems like a clear-cut thing.
Well, people claim that because Lusie is a girl it's not cheating.
It seems having your fingers in somebody else's pie is not sexual.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Now, that's just stupid

It's definitely cheating.
Some fall into the obvious troll traps though. Unfortunately there people who are also so stupid they shouldn't be allowed to breed ever. They are denuding the human gene pool which is already denuded.

Reactions: throw3912

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
I've tried on leena to get holly's relationship to become a heart and it just would not change to a heart I've even played a new game where ian's relationship was maxed out with holly til the end of this version and still could not get the smiley face to change to a heart so It seems that it's not possible until the next update.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That's very vague and she clearly didn't stop if they agreed on the relationship part.
Maybe I am wrong here but if Lena is to "experimental" she would refuse Ian anyway and they agree to keep it casual.
It's hardly vague for Ian, he appears to understand what Lena means, as any adult would. The player obviously also understands what Lena means, given they're the person who orchestrated these "experiments" in the first place.

Lena responds to Ian's request here. If you want to keep things casual, you can have Ian tell Lena this is what he wants, and she will agree. But if you tell her that Ian wants something more serious, she can agree to this request with potential --voiced-- caveat that she's currently "experimenting" and has mixed feelings about endings these experiments.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I've tried on leena to get holly's relationship to become a heart and it just would not change to a heart I've even played a new game where ian's relationship was maxed out with holly til the end of this version and still could not get the smiley face to change to a heart so It seems that it's not possible until the next update.
If you had Ian interact with Holly to the point where they kissed or went further, or Lena got serious with Ian, then Lena won't initiate anything romantic with Holly.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
If you had Ian interact with Holly to the point where they kissed or went further, or Lena got serious with Ian, then Lena won't initiate anything romantic with Holly.
When playing ian I never once dated or romanced and never got serious with anyone except holly ian and holly did more then just kiss (Sex) but kissed more then once I was trying to stick with one girl romantically no ntr/cheat/unfaithful same with playing lena only got serious with one person and that was her roommate it ended in her roommate having a heart for lena if I did it wrong please let me know?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
When playing ian I never once dated or romanced and never got serious with anyone except holly ian and holly did more then just kiss (Sex) but kissed more then once I was trying to stick with one girl romantically no ntr/cheat/unfaithful same with playing lena only got serious with one person and that was her roommate it ended in her roommate having a heart for lena if I did it wrong please let me know?
Well, it is like i already said: if in your game you had Ian romance Holly, then Lena won't be able to pick romance options with Holly. Holly can only have one partner, either Ian or Lena. Maybe it will change in future updates, but it's something only the developer knows at this point.

If you want Lena and Holly to have romantic relations, then you will need Ian to friendzone Holly and pick someone other than Holly for his romantic interest.

GifMeMore1987

Sep 13, 2021
As ffive said only one MC can start something with Holly (romantic or casual). Louise doesn't have a romance path, it's always sex only. The rejection by Lena when she's tired that gets Louise mad always happens. It's possible to have sex later in the game though.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
As ffive said only one MC can start something with Holly (romantic or casual). Louise doesn't have a romance path, it's always sex only. The rejection by Lena when she's tired that gets Louise mad always happens. It's possible to have sex later in the game though.
So I am guessing playing as lena and the just sex with louise the smiley face still changes to a heart? In my opinion if that is just lust than it should change to something other then a heart a heart will always stand for love/romance so I hope the dev makes another icon to fit the lust/just sex that would make more sense for an example: similar icon to the lust flam icon just a bit different as for playing ian and romancing holly I've followed the walkthrough/guide to win over holly there was only two holly paths one was what looked like romance and the other lead to options to make holly's disposition to -1 or more I've followed every holly's disposition of +1 or more still never changed to a heart.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So I am guessing playing as lena and the just sex with louise the smiley face still changes to a heart?
Heart icon indicates choices which put the character on path where sex happens. Whether this is just hookups or something deeper is determined further down the road.

Choices which establish "deeper" relationship are indicated with icon of two wedding bands.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
Heart icon indicates choices which put the character on path where sex happens. Whether this is just hookups or something deeper is determined further down the road.

Choices which establish "deeper" relationship are indicated with icon of two wedding bands.
Still a heart don't represent sex sex fits in the lust category and a fire or flame icon should have been made that would make more sense but still a good story.

TB-11

Jul 10, 2018
To elaborate further - A monogamous relationship is basically a verbal contract that you exclusively have sex with your partner and nobody else.
If you keep sticking your tongue in somebody else's twat after you agreed to the contract, you are breaking said contract and thus, cheating.
^This
also, there are a few gradations when it comes to non-monogamous relationships.

For example:
- Swingers who also have sex with other people - often even with the rule that you only live it out together.
- ethical non-monogamous relationships, where you are allowed to have sex with other people, but your partner has something like a veto right
- completely open relationship, where everyone is allowed to have sex with other people at any time without asking for permission

But: If you are in a monogamous relationship, any sexual activity with others WITHOUT your partner's permission is cheating.

Period...

Reactions: LadyAmest

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I mean it genuinely can just be a thing you start doing with a friend without any change in the actual friendship. I don't think it's super weird, I would even say it's pretty normal when you're young/in college.

Obviously not for everyone but I know a bunch of examples from the people I know
Yep. I always greet my friends with a casual reach-around and a quick ball-tickle. :unsure:

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
To be fair the game actually has Lena mention her ongoing flings during her talk with Ian:
Python:
                    # A - lena open
                    if lena_robert_dating or lena_mike_dating or v8_jeremy_sex or (lena_louise_sex and lena_reject_louise == False):
                        i "So is that a yes?"
                        l "It is... Kind of."
                        i "Kind of?"
                        l "You've been honest with me, so I will do the same."
                        l "I'm going through some kind of... \"experimenting\" phase right now."
# ...
                            i "So... Are you still interested in... {i}experimenting{/i}?"
                        l "I have... mixed feelings about it."
                        l "I have to admit it felt nice being able to do whatever without worrying about hurting anyone..."
                        l "But that won't be the case anymore."
Note, Lena's comment about "that not being the case anymore" can be interpreted as her being aware her continued "experimenting" will be emotionally hurtful, not necessarily that she's going to stop it (completely and/or immediately) :v

Technically it can be defined as "open relationship" during chapter 9 talk, if both sides have slept with other people, or if Ian is horny enough:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Although this shouldn't be treated as excuse for Lena to continue her "fun" with Louise, given she breaks off her other flings, and the talk clearly mentions "experimenting together" and not behind each other's back.
It's not the same thing, though. I already said that she commits and doesn't mention that she still has people after her, she doesn't even tell Ian that Louise was pushing her for attention at her job after she's already a thing with Ian. It's not an open relationship if she's wondering whether she's cheating or not, plain and simple. Telling Ian, before they commit, that had been seeing more people isn't the same thing.

There's nothing to be fair about. Let's not argue for the sake of arguing. The script's just loose like that.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I already said that she commits and doesn't mention that she still has people after her, she doesn't even mention Louise pushing her at her job after they become a thing. That's different from her mentioning to Ian that she had been seeing more people aside from him before they committed.
You're ignoring the game's actual content. What Lena is literally saying:
Lena: "I'm going through some kind of... "experimenting" phase right now."
Ian: "So... Are you still interested in... experimenting?"
Lena: "I have... mixed feelings about it."
They are both clearly talking about things which are ongoing, not something that had happened in the past and stopped. Ian is aware Lena is currently "experimenting" with other people. And she does not declare that she will stop it. That's why when Ian asks her if her answer to request for relationship is "yes" she answers him that it's a "yes... kind of". As opposed to plain "yes" she gives as response if she isn't hooking up with other people.

Yes, Lena doesn't mention her interactions with Louise after she and Ian establish their relationship. Because she already has told him he isn't her exclusive partner and she has "mixed feelings" whether he can become exclusive. She manages to draw a clear line on that for herself with her other male partners, but with Louise she isn't sure whether that counts as cheating (if the player chooses this way and doesn't break up with Louise themselves) so she keeps that in the air.

Last edited:

KV120

Nov 12, 2017
For some reason this version of the game keeps crashing before it finishes loading on startup. Any one else had this issue?

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes