Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017

Hello people,
work continues in reworking and enhancing the first 9 chapters of ORS. Aside from updating Stan's character and his scenes with Lena I'm also changing other things, some are details and some are complete reworks of a scene, art and writing wise. We're also working on several things simultaneously, implementing new pipeline methods and internal processes. I'll have a complete change-log of everything that was tweaked when the updated version is released.
I have to admit I've been taking things easier than usual this past month, and progress have been a bit slow. I'm trying to get back on top of things and keep the updates rolling, but it's been rather hard. Getting to the finish line with Chapter 9 proved to be really challenging and after these 4 years of constant work burnout has caught up with me and my team. Aside from how demanding working in ORS is, this summer has been rather though for personal reasons and I felt like I needed to spend my Will points to take care of both my physical and mental health, which I was struggling with, and give my team a break too.
Anyway, this is all to let you know a bit about what goes behind the scenes, and though I'm always on the fence about sharing personal stuff I've always liked to keep things transparent with you guys. I know you're eager for ORS to progress and so am I. Like I said other times, to me the most satisfying moment is releasing a new chapter and sharing with you the result of all the work done, and I take a lot of pride in it. My commitment to the project is as strong as ever and we will keep working to bring the game I have on my mind to life.
I've plans to be more active on Patreon starting next week with a Q&A where you can ask all your doubts and questions, and sharing some of the progress we've been making so far. Thanks for your support, patience, and stay tuned fore more :)

Aug 17, 2020

Hello people,
work continues in reworking and enhancing the first 9 chapters of ORS. Aside from updating Stan's character and his scenes with Lena I'm also changing other things, some are details and some are complete reworks of a scene, art and writing wise. We're also working on several things simultaneously, implementing new pipeline methods and internal processes. I'll have a complete change-log of everything that was tweaked when the updated version is released.
Amazing new art! I hope we'll see more day-to-day stuff depicted like that!

Arata20

Jan 14, 2018

Hello people,
I have to admit I've been taking things easier than usual this past month, and progress have been a bit slow. I'm trying to get back on top of things and keep the updates rolling, but it's been rather hard. Getting to the finish line with Chapter 9 proved to be really challenging and after these 4 years of constant work burnout has caught up with me and my team. Aside from how demanding working in ORS is, this summer has been rather though for personal reasons and I felt like I needed to spend my Will points to take care of both my physical and mental health, which I was struggling with, and give my team a break too.
Anyway, this is all to let you know a bit about what goes behind the scenes, and though I'm always on the fence about sharing personal stuff I've always liked to keep things transparent with you guys. I know you're eager for ORS to progress and so am I. Like I said other times, to me the most satisfying moment is releasing a new chapter and sharing with you the result of all the work done, and I take a lot of pride in it. My commitment to the project is as strong as ever and we will keep working to bring the game I have on my mind to life.
I've plans to be more active on Patreon starting next week with a Q&A where you can ask all your doubts and questions, and sharing some of the progress we've been making so far. Thanks for your support, patience, and stay tuned fore more :)
Obviously, since the topic has gone with reworking of already released parts, it means there are no new ideas, it means next normal update is at least six months later.
I take this opportunity to say hello sadcrabs, dark silver.

Aug 17, 2020
Obviously, since the topic has gone with reworking of already released parts, it means there are no new ideas, it means next normal update is at least six months later.
I assume you haven't read one of the previous developer's notes about reworking:
I've decided I want to re-write and overhaul Stan's role in the entire game. I want to make him into a more nuanced and relatable character, and make the scenes he's had so far more exciting and interesting. Many of you have pointed out that Lena's available romance options where lacking good guys other than Ian, and Stan is the man to fill that role. But he can't in his current state. We're already at chapter 9 and I need to fix this before continuing to move forward.
It means one more romance path for Lena and sounds great to me.

Tunak23

Aug 16, 2018
Eh I am not that big on new romance paths for Lena,just give us the chance to personalise her further with more piercings,tatoos(let us tattoo her ass,pierce her breasts etc) and in general leave even more our mark on players on the MCs.

That was really made me dig this game,the opportunity to create the male protagonist's novel from the bottom,forge their personality,musical and clothing styles...would fall in love with this completely if the developers push this idea to the limit.

mradfre

Feb 3, 2019
Eh I am not that big on new romance paths for Lena,just give us the chance to personalise her further with more piercings,tatoos(let us tattoo her ass,pierce her breasts etc) and in general leave even more our mark on players on the MCs.

That was really made me dig this game,the opportunity to create the male protagonist's novel from the bottom,forge their personality,musical and clothing styles...would fall in love with this completely if the developers push this idea to the limit.
tattoo her ass? what? who tattoo their ass? draw a sun around asshole?
but yeah, more customize for our MCs would be nice with smaller tattoo like in GGGB since im not fond with the size and design we had in ORS

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017

Hello people,
I just wonder if there'll be any IvyxIan scenes and if we'll get more Emma. Good to hear she took a bit time off for herself tho

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Hello people,
work continues in reworking and enhancing the first 9 chapters of ORS. Aside from updating Stan's character and his scenes with Lena I'm also changing other things, some are details and some are complete reworks of a scene, art and writing wise
Milking 101 here i come... beautiful, at least she does this rework thing at ch 9 and almost 2 yrs from the start of the game, eh what's 2 yrs now anyway... and not after she finish the game or maybe after is finished who knows what rework will be needed...:unsure:

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021
I just wonder if there'll be any IvyxIan scenes and if we'll get more Emma. Good to hear she took a bit time off for herself tho
There won't be "new" scenes in the next update per se. Like Eva said, she will be reworking and enhancing the existing scenes, so expect more of a ch 9 definitive edition than a ch 10.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Milking 101 here i come... beautiful, at least she does this rework thing at ch 9 and almost 2 yrs from the start of the game, eh what's 2 yrs now anyway... and not after she finish the game or maybe after is finished who knows what rework will be needed...:unsure:
You're talking about one of the most consistent, high quality devs in the scene. But sure, bitch about milking. Maybe you should ask for your money back...

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
5 bucks that the poster wasn't a financial supporter.
Only 5? My comment about ask for your money back was tongue in cheek. I'm positive he's not a Patron and never has been. Just another entitled twit on f95.
Well i hate to disappoint you guys but i was, true not a big one but hey it counts...:oops:
Maybe you should ask for your money back...
Nah i don't regret them 20euros i paid her cuz it was when she was consistent and not tryin' to remake a game that i'm pretty sure the big majority of ppl think is fine...

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
Well i hate to disappoint you guys but i was, true not a big one but hey it counts...:oops:

Nah i don't regret them 20euros i paid her cuz it was when she was consistent and not tryin' to remake a game that i'm pretty sure the big majority of ppl think is fine...
You do realize that the person that actually needs to feel satisfied in the first place with the work itself is the author, right? I can understand the frustration, but I think you like some others seem to think that this is all about you and forget that the person who's actually writting this needs to enjoy the process, otherwise it starts to feel like a drag. I'm pretty sure people who make this sort of comments have never been involved in any kind of creative process, because if they did they'd know that this is actually something normal. I can speak from personal experience because I've done quite a bit of writting a few good years ago and I can tell you I lost count of the amount of times I had to go back and re-write something along way because I felt I needed to change something, as things weren't progressing like I wanted to. Also, when I played guitar in some of the bands I had we sometines spent months re-arranging the same 2 or 3 songs until we felt pleased with the final result. This is a common place to writers, musicians, designers, etc.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
You do realize that the person that actually needs to feel satisfied in the first place with the work itself is the author, right? I can understand the frustration, but I think you like some others seem to think that this is all about you and forget that the person who's actually writting this needs to enjoy the process, otherwise it starts to feel like a drag. I'm pretty sure people who make this sort of comments have never been involved in any kind of creative process, because if they did they'd know that this is actually something normal. I can speak from personal experience because I've done quite a bit of writting a few good years ago and I can tell you I lost count of the amount of times I had to go back and re-write something along way because I felt I needed to change something, as things weren't progressing like I wanted to. Also, when I played guitar in some of the bands I had we sometines spent months re-arranging the same 2 or 3 songs until we felt pleased with the final result. This is a common place to writers, musicians, designers, etc.
That's why even experienced writers finish the storyline first, and then the actual development process begins. Burnout can hit you like a truck out of nowhere. It surprised me when I learned that EvaKiss has been winging the writing all this time. I guess it finally caught up to her.

4.60 star(s) 304 Votes