Mod Ren'Py Our Red String JDMOD [0.12.1.2.a] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
OK, I am guessing that is much later in the game than I am. I played up to Chapter 6, then my computer crashed a few months ago, haven't made my way back to this game yet, but at least in the first choice of Chapter 6, I didn't have any problems with crashes. Hopefully can get this fixed before I reach that point everyone else is at.
I done a fresh install of the newest version of the game with the latest version of this mod from the patreon site. It didn't work with any of my saves, which honestly wasn't susprising as my saves were from an unmodded version of the game. I decided to delete all my saved games (I had A LOT of them) and start fresh. I deleted all persistant files, the cache etc... and just ran a new game. I got to the title screen and main menu, no problem. Start a new game... *poof*, grey screen.

I just moved the mod out of the game and I'll check back for an update in the future as I understand the MOD maker probably has a lot to deal with with recent changes.

I've replayed the game so much on so many different paths that I may not even need a mod.

I hate how this game prevents you from scrolling back though. I can program and may just reprogram the game so I can scroll back again. It's pointless to disable this feature as the game does AUTO-SAVES every time you make a choice, so you just need to load from the last autosave if you change your mind about the last choice you made and forgot to do your own save.

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
Yep, it's crashing right at the start of the game for me as well:

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'label_persistent.tutorial'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/JDMOD/scripts/script.rpyc", line 16, in script call
    ��A��tJiG:��Z��#Q���[�2o�e����L�.T�Dq4�q���    ��3

Drill Sergeant

May 9, 2019
I done a fresh install of the newest version of the game with the latest version of this mod from the patreon site. It didn't work with any of my saves, which honestly wasn't susprising as my saves were from an unmodded version of the game. I decided to delete all my saved games (I had A LOT of them) and start fresh. I deleted all persistant files, the cache etc... and just ran a new game. I got to the title screen and main menu, no problem. Start a new game... *poof*, grey screen.

I just moved the mod out of the game and I'll check back for an update in the future as I understand the MOD maker probably has a lot to deal with with recent changes.

I've replayed the game so much on so many different paths that I may not even need a mod.

I hate how this game prevents you from scrolling back though. I can program and may just reprogram the game so I can scroll back again. It's pointless to disable this feature as the game does AUTO-SAVES every time you make a choice, so you just need to load from the last autosave if you change your mind about the last choice you made and forgot to do your own save.
You could use Unren to enable rollback. After using Unren it lets me rollback without any errors. Give it a try. Hope it helps

megamanx06

Mar 13, 2019
I think the MEGA link in the OP still links to the old 0.9 (non-remastered) version. If you download from Google Drive or click the MEGA link on the Patreon page it should work

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
I think the MEGA link in the OP still links to the old 0.9 (non-remastered) version. If you download from Google Drive or click the MEGA link on the Patreon page it should work
I download from the Patreon,but this mod no in-game guide.We'll just have to keep waiting.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
it's been a week as of yesterday I think, right?
Yes, maneuvering the Patreon, and it is unlocked on there. So my guess, it will be updated here soon.
Check the FAQ.

have you tried it btw? I'm getting immediate grey screen error :S (after choosing 1 of 3 game modes)

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Code:
[code]

While running game code:

Full traceback:
My bad. This bug occured in the prologue with the tutorial activated, you can disable it at the start to prevent this bug that's why it didn't occur while testing.

It's fixed in the .a version.
I download from the Patreon,but this mod no in-game guide.We'll just have to keep waiting.
I can only think of two explanations: you loaded an unmodded save or the IGG was disabled in the settings.

1651491632572.png

Reactions: 08Hanbo and MagLev

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
Check the FAQ.

My bad. This bug occured in the prologue with the tutorial activated, you can disable it at the start to prevent this bug that's why it didn't occur while testing.

I can only think of two explanations: you loaded an unmodded save or the IGG was disabled in the settings.

View attachment 1788756
Thanks, I did load the previous save as there was an error at the start of the game so I had to load the previous save, thank you for fixing the problem!

Reactions: JohnDupont

Deleted member 4725210

Mar 7, 2022
Hey guys i have this problem when opening the game please help me

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/agenda_bios.rpy", line 3, in <module>
NameError: name 'PhoneAgendaEntry' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 550, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "scripts/agenda_bios.rpyc", line 1, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2213, in execute
self.set()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2224, in set
value = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Reactions: N0nsens3

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Hey guys i have this problem when opening the game please help me

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 550, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2213, in execute
self.set()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2224, in set
value = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
https://f95zone.to/threads/our-red-...final-a-johndupont.76087/page-18#post-7028181

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

Code:
[code]

While running game code:

Full traceback:
Same error I got.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
You could use Unren to enable rollback. After using Unren it lets me rollback without any errors. Give it a try. Hope it helps
Thanks. I ended up just manually editing all the source code myself. I done a search and replace on the source files and replaced the command to prevent rollbacks with "pass" and it works fine now. :)

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Check the FAQ.

View attachment 1788756
I got the same error, and I done a fresh install of the game. I deleted all my saved games, all persistant files, the cache, you name it. It was the latest version of the game, and the MOD which is available on your patreon site. When I started the game, it was a NEW game, no saves. Same error as this guy got. Definitely not on my end.

N0nsens3

Feb 10, 2022
My game crashes when I try to start a new save. I delete the "Red String" folder on my %appdata% and it didn't work, also, I followed the installation guide as one your Patron page
1651539044118.png

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
How did you fix it?
I didn't. my old saved games don't work with this mod, in fact, the game itself doesn't work with this mod. THIS MOD is broken, though the DEV seems fixated on blaming the user. I done a fresh install, deleted all related files in my appdata folder, all saves, deleted all persistant files and deleted the cache folder so there was NOTHING on my system which could possibly effect the game. I then done a fresh install of the latest version of the game, and I downloaded this mod straight from the patreon page. Forget saved games, it CRASHES when you go to start a new game! So I solved my problems by getting rid of t his MOD and just playing the game normally.

I just modified the game code itself so I could scroll back and redo menu choices, but that isn't related to this mod at all.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
My game crashes when I try to start a new save. I delete the "Red String" folder on my %appdata% and it didn't work, also, I followed the installation guide as one your Patron page
View attachment 1789918
Clean install. This was changed in the REMASTERED version therefore you're not using the latest version of the JDMOD.

I didn't. my old saved games don't work with this mod, in fact, the game itself doesn't work with this mod. THIS MOD is broken, though the DEV seems fixated on blaming the user. I done a fresh install, deleted all related files in my appdata folder, all saves, deleted all persistant files and deleted the cache folder so there was NOTHING on my system which could possibly effect the game. I then done a fresh install of the latest version of the game, and I downloaded this mod straight from the patreon page. Forget saved games, it CRASHES when you go to start a new game! So I solved my problems by getting rid of t his MOD and just playing the game normally.

I just modified the game code itself so I could scroll back and redo menu choices, but that isn't related to this mod at all.
The issue you seem to be describing was fixed in the latest version (REMASTERED ALPHA.a) but I can't be sure since you've yet to provide a screenshot or the traceback of the error. Feel free to uninstall the mod and continue with your life.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
First off the mod is great and works as intended with most all paths for me!

But i do have a strange problem that everytime i start the second date during the Ian&Lena path the mod stops working (no more colors/icons/tooltips/routes previews during choices) which continues throughout the rest of the game.

Started a new game and now it's working on all paths... so yeah

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDupont
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes