Mod Ren'Py Our Red String JDMOD [0.12.1.2.a] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

visonmade

Nov 7, 2016
Is there any way to transfer saves from the modified version of the game to the original? :unsure: I passed the whole game [0.9] with the mod, I wanted to use these saves in the last version [10.0]. The game sees them but does not load, exits to the main menu.

ryuujinnn

Dec 23, 2019
I believe I have made a mistake. Try adding this fix to the mod, it should replace the files causing the issue.
Got this error

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 797, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 473, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "renpy/script.py", line 452, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/scripts/gui/custom/screen_gallery.rpy', 1668423778, 132) is defined twice, at game/JDMOD/scripts/gui/custom/screen_gallery.rpy:3 and scripts/gui/custom/screen_gallery.rpyc:3.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Is there any way to transfer saves from the modified version of the game to the original? :unsure: I passed the whole game [0.9] with the mod, I wanted to use these saves in the last version [10.0]. The game sees them but does not load, exits to the main menu.
If you're playing the new version, install the last version of the JDMOD, load the save then play the game to the end of Chapter 9 ; the game should switch to the unmodded version for Chapter 10.

You can also switch at the start of each Chapter. More info in the FAQ.

visonmade

Nov 7, 2016
If you're playing the new version, install the last version of the JDMOD, load the save then play the game to the end of Chapter 9 ; the game should switch to the unmodded version for Chapter 10.

Thank you! Was able to get a working save, however, only from the beginning of the ninth chapter. Thanks for the great mod, there is a lot of text in the game and the choices are not always obvious.

Reactions: JohnDupont

Sexy11

Jul 13, 2017

Thanks for working on this.
But will wait patiently for the new modded version for Chapter 10

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

Thanks a lot! This solved my problem! Great mod.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Doesn't work. Can't load the saves without the mod.

The solution was to re-install JDMOD for .9 into the .10 version (counter intuitive and not something I would ever do normally) then you can load your saved game at the end of .9 and it will automatically continue unmodded into .10. I like how he does his mod, it is all self contained in it's own folder. It worked anyhow.
I update the FAQ. Please let me know if it needs more clarification.

Reactions: Night Hacker

swells3674

Jul 14, 2018
im a patron, playing on mac. i dropped the jdmod folder into the game's autorun folder and nothing happened - it's still just the base game when i launch it. any help would be appreciated

Reactions: JohnDupont
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes