Mod Ren'Py Our Red String JDMOD [0.12.1.2.a] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

maydonoz

Feb 27, 2020
Hello, while the game was in 0.9 Beta, I accidentally threw 0.8 JDMOD, I can't log in to the game since that day, it fills up to the end as they use it, can you help me

1670653773204.png

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
This mod is broken AF, Gallery does not load, everytime Ian chooses an option for the book, you get errors, there is no solutions to chapter 10 and a lot of crashes.

JohnDupont Can you please update it?

Reactions: kkz186

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
am I the only one having bugs evvery time ian writes about his book ?
No i'm having the same problem, crashes every time..
This mod is broken AF, Gallery does not load, everytime Ian chooses an option for the book, you get errors, there is no solutions to chapter 10 and a lot of crashes.

JohnDupont Can you please update it?
This was solved in the newest version which have been available for weeks on Patreon.

Hello, while the game was in 0.9 Beta, I accidentally threw 0.8 JDMOD, I can't log in to the game since that day, it fills up to the end as they use it, can you help me

View attachment 2225253
If a reinstall doesn't work, delete the persistent data.

Reactions: JoSolo

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Just came across something today, when a Will up operation occurs, if the screen is skipped too quickly- approximately before willup sound is complete, the will point is not added. I tested it further, this does not occur for other (Wits, Charisma, Athletics, Lust) attribute additions, nor character relation point additions, only the willup operation. Tested without mod, error does not occur in the vanilla game.

Glancing over the code, it looks like in the vanilla game the regular attribute additions (Wits, Charisma, Athletics, Lust) call a label which has a function to calculate attribute total, then call a screen displaying the result. In contrast, Will additions simply call a screen which both calculates the new total and displays the result. Having said this, I don't know enough code to know why willup works fine in vanilla (even with skipping), but doesnt work in mod, but I suspect this problem lies somewhere with that difference.

SirSeth

Jan 29, 2018

View attachment 2225253
Hello, the game is also crashing for me on the starting loading screen, the red line goes to like 4/5th of the way and then the game just crashes, this keeps happening with both ver 9 remastered and version 10 Beta.

I also tried deleting permanent and installing again, but it didn't work.

Hope somebody maybe managed to solve this issue and can help me :D.

Reactions: Taboosoul

uncommonsence

Oct 24, 2021
Is it just for me or ingame guide stopped working on mac?
Everything except it works perfectly means I've installed it okayish.
But no hints at all.
Any tips?

excalibertypo

Apr 10, 2020
some choices do not have any hint on them as they dont need them. i would wait for mod update before trying the new game update
Is it just for me or ingame guide stopped working on mac?
Everything except it works perfectly means I've installed it okayish.
But no hints at all.
Any tips?

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Just came across something today, when a Will up operation occurs, if the screen is skipped too quickly- approximately before willup sound is complete, the will point is not added. I tested it further, this does not occur for other (Wits, Charisma, Athletics, Lust) attribute additions, nor character relation point additions, only the willup operation. Tested without mod, error does not occur in the vanilla game.

Glancing over the code, it looks like in the vanilla game the regular attribute additions (Wits, Charisma, Athletics, Lust) call a label which has a function to calculate attribute total, then call a screen displaying the result. In contrast, Will additions simply call a screen which both calculates the new total and displays the result. Having said this, I don't know enough code to know why willup works fine in vanilla (even with skipping), but doesnt work in mod, but I suspect this problem lies somewhere with that difference.
I just checked and you're right. Thanks a lot, I wouldn't have noticed. It'll be fixed in the next version.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I just checked and you're right. Thanks a lot, I wouldn't have noticed. It'll be fixed in the next version.
Sounds good, I do appreciate the mod. If it's helpful just some other odds and ends I noticed on recent playthrough:

-chapter5: v5_spicy_shoot isn't defined in actual chapter 5 story (replay works fine, but when var is called in ch 5 it doesnt exist)

-chapter_8c tattoo buy scene; JDV8tat1 menu "I want it" line is missing a parens

-ch10b holly/ivy/lena menu "Let's do it!" the menu condition has an extra bracket

-chapter10b "Dance with Mike" (around line 10709) has extra parens

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Sounds good, I do appreciate the mod. If it's helpful just some other odds and ends I noticed on recent playthrough:

-chapter5: v5_spicy_shoot isn't defined in actual chapter 5 story (replay works fine, but when var is called in ch 5 it doesnt exist)

-chapter_8c tattoo buy scene; JDV8tat1 menu "I want it" line is missing a parens

-ch10b holly/ivy/lena menu "Let's do it!" the menu condition has an extra bracket

-chapter10b "Dance with Mike" (around line 10709) has extra parens
Thanks, I fixed them all.

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
Hey John, You mentioned something you don't like what they did with the gallery, Can you elaborate what they did exactly?

Did they hide any sex scenes you can see in gallery? or removed any scenes?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes