Mod Ren'Py Our Red String JDMOD [0.12.1.2.a] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sepherene

Dec 10, 2017
I am getting an error whenver I'm trying to choose a genre for Ian to write.

File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screenstore._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: ScreenJD_screen_book is not known.

Reactions: JohnDupont

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017
First off, thank you for this great mod.

One issue I have is that sometimes the game crashes after loading all the scripts. The splash screen loading bar is almost full and then crashes. log.txt says the following:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I follow the steps in the FAQ telling me to delete the persisent file, after which everything works again.

The only downside is that this makes it so the game does not know anymore which scenes you have and have not seen. This makes replaying the game with different love interests much more annoying, since you can't skip through stuff you have already seen. Using the option to skip unseen text you might skip over a scene you haven't gotten yet.

So my question is if there is any other fix than deleting the persisent file?

EDIT: Came across this in the main thread https://f95zone.to/threads/our-red-string-v10-0-final-eva-kiss.48813/post-6927963
Apparently no saving the persisent file then :/

Last edited:

Pointless123

Jun 16, 2017
I am getting an error whenver I'm trying to choose a genre for Ian to write.

File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screenstore._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: ScreenJD_screen_book is not known.
Is anyone NOT getting these errors when using this mod?

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
I apologize from not releasing a bugfix sooner. I fixed these bugs when they were reported on Discord a week ago but I've mostly been working on the new feature for the In-Game Guide and adding more info/polishing the mod. Since, because of all of this changes, the next version will be in Early Access for Patrons, I just released a 0.10FINAL.a bugfix version. It's available both on Patreon and in the OP, most if not all the gamebreaking bugs should now be fixed. The new version 0.10FINAL.b will be released in about 7-10 days.

Déshonorée

Nov 12, 2017
I apologize from not releasing a bugfix sooner. I fixed these bugs when they were reported on Discord a week ago but I've mostly been working on the new feature for the In-Game Guide and adding more info/polishing the mod. Since, because of all of this changes, the next version will be in Early Access for Patrons, I just released a 0.10FINAL.a bugfix version. It's available both on Patreon and in the OP, most if not all the gamebreaking bugs should now be fixed. The new version 0.10FINAL.b will be released in about 7-10 days.
Hello, can't change the name. Is it bug or EvaKiss blocked it?

Déshonorée

Nov 12, 2017
Please elaborate.
Sure. You know this mod also featuring that we can change the character's names. But I can't change it. There is not that name change menu on the phone. While I play 10.0 Alpha I could change it but when EvaKiss updated the game 10.0 FINAL, I can't change the character's names with this mod.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Sure. You know this mod also featuring that we can change the character's names. But I can't change it. There is not that name change menu on the phone. While I play 10.0 Alpha I could change it but when EvaKiss updated the game 10.0 FINAL, I can't change the character's names with this mod.
During my test with version 0.10FINAL.a, it was working as intended with modded and unmodded saves.
1673190045323.png

If the button doesn't appear, the problem comes for the installation. Try a clean reinstall.
1673189971467.png

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Provide pics so we can understand it better.

Pointless123

Jun 16, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to reply in this thread John.

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
I also got a few from chapter 1 to 4 so far, the most recent one I can remember was the first photoshoot with the rich guy I always misspell his name, right when you gotta pick the first pose. I managed to keep going, tho. It's a matter of being quicker than the exception or ignoring the slide.

Vakkyr

Jun 18, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Occours every Time you hover over the choice with the IGG Tooltip. Game Version: 10 Final and ORS JDMOD 0.10FINAL.a

Lolita69

Aug 20, 2020
Is there any mod option to play multiple path at the same time? (without missing one while choosing another)?

For example. If I choose,
Option 1 then Scene 1 would play out and Scene 2 would get cancelled.
Similarly, choosing option 2 would play Scene 2 while cancelling Scene 1.

Is it possible (like other mods for other renpy games) that a modded option 3 is available to play both 1 and 2 sequentially?

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes