Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
Baluart is in Arkansas! Confirmed?
Nope! Baluart is a fictional city somewhere in central Spain, since the coast is a couple hours away. Most likely in the Kastilien, Extremadura or Aragon regions.

As for the 12.3 full update, I am a bit disappointed that on the Ian side a lot is left hanging with the player being simply told that they are still at holiday for a couple days. A lot has potentially been happening, depending on what the player did.

-Helping Perry with Emma has finally reaped results (and several bonus points for the player). They are happy and it is at least implied it stays do for the rest of the holiday.

-You can finally have come together with wild Holly. It is clear that Ian and her keep this encounter private and secret until Lena leaves, but a talk between the two is due and could have been part of the next couple days. It is clear by their talk that wild Holly would very much like becoming a couple with Ian. Wild Holly becoming slutty had been done by her on purpose, on the slightly erronous assumption Ian prefers wild, slutty girls as girlfriend.
I am sure the two will have a talk about becoming a couple or stay just fuckbuddies. It would have been nice if that happened during this holiday, since now this talk will be many real time months away until the next Ian chapter arrives.

-Also for some players the Cindy situation is left hanging like the Holly situation. You could have been helping Wade, stand apart or being a homewrecker yourself. I always try to help them, because it is the right thing to do for friends and also because I find Cindy totally uninteresting outside her looks. As I wrote before, Bernd´s famous woodchip wallpaper collection is far more interesting than Cindy´s personality.

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
Just played through all the available chapters, and I need a scene where the band plays together again for us to hear Perry's surprising angelic voice.

Also, Cherry best girl. Shame she seems to be a side interest for Ian

anonx5

Jan 20, 2023
Nope! Baluart is a fictional city somewhere in central Spain, since the coast is a couple hours away. Most likely in the Kastilien, Extremadura or Aragon regions.

As for the 12.3 full update, I am a bit disappointed that on the Ian side a lot is left hanging with the player being simply told that they are still at holiday for a couple days. A lot has potentially been happening, depending on what the player did.

-Helping Perry with Emma has finally reaped results (and several bonus points for the player). They are happy and it is at least implied it stays do for the rest of the holiday.

-You can finally have come together with wild Holly. It is clear that Ian and her keep this encounter private and secret until Lena leaves, but a talk between the two is due and could have been part of the next couple days. It is clear by their talk that wild Holly would very much like becoming a couple with Ian. Wild Holly becoming slutty had been done by her on purpose, on the slightly erronous assumption Ian prefers wild, slutty girls as girlfriend.
I am sure the two will have a talk about becoming a couple or stay just fuckbuddies. It would have been nice if that happened during this holiday, since now this talk will be many real time months away until the next Ian chapter arrives.

-Also for some players the Cindy situation is left hanging like the Holly situation. You could have been helping Wade, stand apart or being a homewrecker yourself. I always try to help them, because it is the right thing to do for friends and also because I find Cindy totally uninteresting outside her looks. As I wrote before, Bernd´s famous woodchip wallpaper collection is far more interesting than Cindy´s personality.
Personality wise I am not sure many or even all of the women are interesting outside their looks. Ivy's personality is interesting if one likes bad girls. Jessica is also interesting as the bad girl you might be able to fix, since she is clearly suffering the consequences of her life while Ivy is still reveling in them.

Jessica is what Ivy could be one day, but then again Ivy seems so ambitious that she might not fall down that hole since she seems clever and has some business acumen.

Louise may be annoying but at least she has gone through the same thing Ian has so they have that in common and could potentially be soulmates since he already has a thing for redhead women.

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
Man, gotta say. Not a lot of good-aligned male interests to Lena path. It's either Ian (which depends on the player) and maybe Stan. The rest are either jerks, creeps or dubious at best.
No wonder she says she's cursed.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
You either got wooshed or are unfamiliar with American regional stereotypes. Arkansas is among the highest rated states for incest within the country. So that was a joke I was making.

Can someone make a FAQ about an "error" on the trip, number of estimated chapters, alpha/beta/final situation and some other annoying shit?
For people to still not read it and ask the question anyway? There is literally a fight guide and a book guide on the front page and it gets asked always.

Reactions: ffive

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
Personality wise I am not sure many or even all of the women are interesting outside their looks. Ivy's personality is interesting if one likes bad girls. Jessica is also interesting as the bad girl you might be able to fix, since she is clearly suffering the consequences of her life while Ivy is still reveling in them.

Jessica is what Ivy could be one day, but then again Ivy seems so ambitious that she might not fall down that hole since she seems clever and has some business acumen.

Louise may be annoying but at least she has gone through the same thing Ian has so they have that in common and could potentially be soulmates since he already has a thing for redhead women.
Lena can have an interesting personality if we do not play her completely onesided. Also Holly for those of us liking to "nerd out", her wild version too. She might be slutty, but the nerd is still in her.
Agree with you on Ivy, but as for Jessica, I usually get the nice version with her in a relationship with Dave (as it should be).

If you want stronger personality divergences you must look in other games. Like Dr. Sophia Lundgren, an amoral, eccentric, hot, nerd genius, who also has no problems with gangbangs and black ops medical experimentation on humans. And she is one of the nicer characters in that game, go figure.

The other girls of ORS are relatively generic, Alison is the high school crush you can finally get together with, but a bonus point for her is that she is open to experiment before settling down fully. Cindy is high maintainance, self absorped and while Wade is not innocent about the situation, Cindy is flighty.
Even Gillian, going by their talk, is more selfaware of the big mistake she made by cheating on Ian.

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
I believe it is EK, not me who is laying the groundwork. But yes, entering the darkness as initially a loving couple, I imagine Seymour or others would have Ian doing things to Lena that he would never imagine doing on his own. Once Agnes takes over, it is quite possible that she would have Axel as the dominant character, using both Ian and Lena. Of course, eventually, being a writer, Holly might draw some attention as well.
Andrea, I think you know more about GGGB than I do, so I ask you, was it possible to kill someone using the main character of GGGB or not?:unsure:

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
Andrea, I think you know more about GGGB than I do, so I ask you, was it possible to kill someone using the main character of GGGB or not?:unsure:
Yes, one of the paths Ash could go down was joining the gang. If she falls in hard with them, she'll kill some rival gangbangers, and then she'll plot to overthrow her gangleader. If she convinced her best friend Eva to also join the gang then Eva will kill Enrico, before he has a chance to kill Ash.

Scratch_N_Sniff

Sep 19, 2024
A few people have suggested I try this VN and I like the art work. Can someone give me an idea of how long it would take to complete the current version of this game ?

rjmm

Nov 22, 2017
A few people have suggested I try this VN and I like the art work. Can someone give me an idea of how long it would take to complete the current version of this game ?
Took me a few days. I say around 15h+ depending on your reading speed plus how many paths you are doing.

Scratch_N_Sniff

Sep 19, 2024
Took me a few days. I say around 15h+ depending on your reading speed plus how many paths you are doing.
Thank you, that helps ;)

Looking through the thumbnails on the OP... interesting art style. Haven't experienced a game with this style, whatever it's called, but I like it.

shiton32

Sep 29, 2021
Fuck! Lena is so boring to play with, every time player control switches to her I quickly skip without reading the text, why can't we just play with one character? terrible game design choice, it's like the shitty mj parts in Marvel's Spider-man.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Fuck! Lena is so boring to play with, every time player control switches to her I quickly skip without reading the text, why can't we just play with one character? terrible game design choice, it's like the shitty mj parts in Marvel's Spider-man.
You have literally hundreds of games where you play one character. This one isn't for you, fine, just move on and leave it for people who enjoy this.

"I personally don't like it" hardly equals "terrible game design choice". It can just as well be the case of "I have terrible taste".

Reactions: jmshay512 and yuvce
4.60 star(s) 321 Votes