iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Hello there. To be honest, it's surprising some even remember this thing... As a 90% of "they" you mentioned, looks like I have both bad and good news for you. Ouro was a complete failure from the popularity perspective and quickly plummeted below the self-sustenance point. The general conclusion was that I suck at stories and the gameplay wasn't dynamic enough, plus leaning too much into the story aspect instead of action. So, reworking it without a plan will be a surefire way to a disaster.

The second part of the news may be actually good for Ouro. I'm talking things over with a friend of mine, and so far the big idea is that we'll use his concepts and general vision while I'll be busy with the tech side of things. Since it's already proven that my own ideas suck, this seems a way to go. Perhaps, he will like Ouro enough to give it his own spin. We'll see after MonGirl Expedition's final update of v1.0.
To be honest, I don't remember much about the story. It's been a long time since I played the demo for this.
I vaguely remember that there was some sort of crafting or weapon-modification mechanic that i was interested in though.
That's the bit that stands out to me.

Reactions: fraazx

Zyro

May 27, 2017
Ouro was a complete failure from the popularity perspective and quickly plummeted below the self-sustenance point. The general conclusion was that I suck at stories and the gameplay wasn't dynamic enough, plus leaning too much into the story aspect instead of action. So, reworking it without a plan will be a surefire way to a disaster.
I'm surprised it failed in popularity. The gameplay feels fresh for a RPGM in this market where everything is a "fight, lose, fuck". Not sure if I should say this considering I'm not even a Patreon supporter of yours but maybe it was because you gave up on it too early instead of giving it a bit more time to gain traction. I believe Fleeting Iris was a good example of perseverance considering they didn't gain much traction at the beginning of the development either.

Either way I wish the best of luck to you for a fresh reboot of this. Thank you for even bothering to read the replies here.

Reactions: Beggarman and Imisx

Imisx

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Hello there. To be honest, it's surprising some even remember this thing... As a 90% of "they" you mentioned, looks like I have both bad and good news for you. Ouro was a complete failure from the popularity perspective and quickly plummeted below the self-sustenance point. The general conclusion was that I suck at stories and the gameplay wasn't dynamic enough, plus leaning too much into the story aspect instead of action. So, reworking it without a plan will be a surefire way to a disaster.

The second part of the news may be actually good for Ouro. I'm talking things over with a friend of mine, and so far the big idea is that we'll use his concepts and general vision while I'll be busy with the tech side of things. Since it's already proven that my own ideas suck, this seems a way to go. Perhaps, he will like Ouro enough to give it his own spin. We'll see after MonGirl Expedition's final update of v1.0.
Thanks for the info, 8 developers out of 10 would have completely ignored us. Anyway, the reboot its a great idea.