Ren'Py - Completed - Overlord H [R48] [Winterfire]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Anon21

I like the characters, and the plot, but things are quite linear and everything seems very empty. Some basic UI work (for example, there are many areas which you can walk into but not walk out - you have to use the map instead) and a lot more sidequests and low level events / NPCs would help. For example, early on you meet a mousegirl in the sewers and a prostitute in the demi human area. I didn't finish the game, but I never saw them again and those areas remain unused.

Also, it's probably just me, but I thought the lizardman woman was cute and would totally taken her up on the offer to use her body if I had the option. :p
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Garg22

This is made by a fan and it shows. The characters are very close to the personality they have in the show just with some extra lewds. If they decide to go past the current light novel/anime content to make a fan ending that would bump it all the way to a 5 star rating.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

GDS

I did not expected much from winterfire,
    but after playing i recon he put a lot of effort into his game, well written story, good gameplay and lots of sex..

the Art is a bit different from what we are used to, but its still good.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

juanito

Review as of [R13]
    Very good game with plenty of choices, cool music and beautiful heroines. After playing so far I have decided to watch the anime.

Something I really liked is that we can choose 1 girl to marry.

The only minus for me is that the models sometimes look weird (but a few times they looked really good, like the last one in the preview images).

Since it has so many branching paths I got to play over and over again. Something I liked as well are the mirror events; they are interesting and not too long. I felt them almost perfect in size.

Although travel is not perfect it is much better than in many other games/VNs. I look forward to seeing how this games evolves.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Dvnasty

So far so good, I don't read manga.. So I welcome any extra information.. Keep up the good work ~ like the added moment like albedo in ainz room.. Good game for us to wait for overlord 4 anime.. Currently hype for the breeding farm part ~
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Minado

Reviewed review: 3*-»4 *

All the characters and cg, have improved substantially, i find them attractive and arousing as oposed to before

The cg s themselfs, they are nicely planned, dialogue is believable, considering the theme, they are not some fast one image/angle akward like thingy, they are not like some free given away sex or super grindy one, they blend well with the story, they are well written and executed

I like that Winterfire designs/draws the characters himself, they give you the feeling of being unique, and now that they look good (yes i am very surprised by how much better everyting looks 10 R's after), in my opinion the characters alone best most of the best games in this site

Winterfire is a good writer, story is still a 5 star masterpiece, even after.
    adding a bunch of nice treats for all the players
    i dont want to give my opinion on the extra to anime content as i have yet to play some of it, or havent played it while progressing the story, i like to wait for a good amout of R until a play the game from the begining again, but for what i played it brings f95zone no shame in having this game here.

Gameplay is the same, very simple, it helps u keep track of the main story, and its easy to move between maps, its like a thorn removed from a player who is tired of walking around on rpgm, the events are well flagged you shouldnt miss anything, and if you rll want to make sure you didnt miss anything a simple pledge on his patreon is all there is between you and the walkthrough (more than fair)

He is also a very solid patreon dev, regular posts, updating and explaining what he is doing and exposing some of his thoughts, active.
    Eventhough he used anime to base some of his projects from, he works hard to make his games, and it shows when you play them, its not like he is trying to milk money without putting in some effort, he is dedicated (using anime is still a smart move to spread his work faster, dunno if that was his intention)
    If i were you i would pledge, every update email i receive from his patreon is like a litle treat that improves my day
    Not biased at all ;)

I will give this game a 5* rating depending on how it ends, all i want is a harem ending, with freeroam so u can interact with the girls you want to interact (doesnt mean the other endings don't deserve 5* aswell, we will see)
    Very biased indeed :D

Old review:

Still in a very early stage of development
    The developer seems to have an organized plan that accounts with most of what the players want in the game
    I am trying not to criticize it too hard, cuz, one, its just a hobby, second, the funding on patreon is not enough for anyone to demand whatever, and i rll like Overlord so i want to play this game till its final version, regardless

It seems to have a lot of potential, as a Overlord fan this feels like a chance to visit places that are not shown in the anime/manga, places i found interesting but were not mentioned very much or even a chance to further the story of negleted characters.

So far:

-Wrinting get's a plus:
    Eventhough its based on someone elses work, the added parts have some thought to them, they dont destroy the original story.
    The parts of the original story are not as epic as one may remember.
    Seems confortable enough with his writing to be able to add more content to the story, make up new parts for it, and not screw it all in a mess of badly sequenced events (like me as a writer).

-Graphics gets a minus:
    Buy this man a better pc if you want better (if a mega pc is like 5% of what you waste in a week, pls buy him one, rll, you wont regret it)

-Developer get's a plus:
    Answers back on the thread, attentive to what u have to say, explains himself and what he intends to do, has his own life and doesnt seem to want to mix it with his hobbies, but still does a better job than most 'patreon professionals'

Gameplay get's a plus:
    -Simple, easy to understand and navigate, lots of clues so u never lose the track of the main story, great for guys like me who work and have litle time to play, expecially if you need to step away from the game for a few days.
    -More things could be added but for now he is focusing on adding story, and the content we all expect it to have first.

Competitiveness get's a minus:
    -Not close to the best games and remakes we are used to in this forum
    -Not in any way trying to be better than them, or getting there (big minus for me, but a man with a life has choices he has got to make)
    -Its a game for fans of the anime to enjoy, and that, it has acomplished, at least, for me
    -Not better than original story, nor trying to be, what is added is good, what is original its not better, after seing many comments on this, i think he could use the 3D aspect of it to transmit a better feeling of the original story than he has so far (but i have no sugestions as of how he should do it).

Its so early in development that the developer could chose to change many things and make this review obsolete
  7. 2.00 star(s)

grobulos

Lifeless, fast, boring... im realy a Fan from Overlord, i love the series. i understand the need from peoples like me who want a sexgame with overlord.
    But these 3 Words i write first describe the actually part of the Game. i really hate it to say, but thats terrible. im try to be fair as possible, but omg... i will write a new Review after few Updates but at the moment ... its not good
  8. 5.00 star(s)

sysblank

it is good, dont rate it low when it is just at the beginning, I like the models of the characters. I would like the h scenes to be more hard to reach building slowly, fast sex scenes with little struggle to reach are like a tasteless desert, it looks good but that's it.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

chopolander

(Edited in favor of giving better information of my valuation)

- Use Koikatu to create such difficult characters (I've seen very successful character designs in Koikatu, but these...)
    - Characters don't have the personality or charisma they should.
    - It's too early to get into criticizing the story, but the first two haven't helped me get into it.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Haley Smith

Cons:Basically a straight ripoff of the anime except that the dev changed the characters to his purpose. Not a parody more a fanfic.
    Pros:The art style is unique. Uses 3d renders in a 2d environment.