ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Another Dev Diary today!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It looks like GIL has completed 382 static images and 0 animations in the 26 days since our last diary - an average of roughly 134 static images and 0.0 animations per week over that period. The total average is ~136 statics and 0.2 animations per week since work on Chapter 3 Update 4 began. Here's the graphical version:
We're still heavily weighted on the static side as we wait for work on the exhibition proper to begin, which will presumably be animation-heavy. And we still have no real idea how the animation or static totals for this update will compare with the last few non-exhibition updates. By these numbers it will take until approximately May to match Chapter 3 Update 3's static image total, which is probably the best ballpark estimate we can make for the moment. But it's an extremely imprecise estimate, so don't read more into it than "we're still a long ways off."

The picture in the diary appears to be August sitting at a desk in what is presumably his office. That's certainly an interesting one, since it suggests he's going to have yet another (an even more formal) conversation after his talk in Update 3. I'll be very curious to see what comes of that.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
Since there were mentions of so-called top tier games BADIK and Eternum, I wanted to ask Pale Carnations fans what do they think about them. May the devs forgive me for this offtop discussion, but I'm genuinely curious. I played Once in a life time and Eternum and quickly became bored from the beginning. While Eternum seem high above from the first game, I clearly may name the pros that I saw: it's good graphic and very interesting idea. And still, in Eternum I didn't even reached the VR part of the game, I simply became bored. Beginning and introductions was awfully long, there were too many unnecessary characters that just dropped on you without proper introduction into the story. Unlike Pale Carnations, the story choices felt meaningless and barely affected anything. If in PC the player start from the beginning engage in to the story and main conflict, in these two games you feel like you just playing slice of life story. Yeah, probably not just my cup of tea, I'm not going to say these games are bad, but for me they felt, like they not worth my attention. If story not catching you from the beginning it most likely it probably won't get any better, that's my believe.

As for BADIK, situation quite opposite. At first I was really engaged in the story and the gameplay, but at the some point I just started to get tired. Repetitive cycle of partying than cheap drama conflicts than again partying and than again boring conflicts. I started to lose interest in any of the main girls, well I liked Sage at first, but her sex buddy attitude and cheap drama with boyfriend ruined my opinion about her. So I stayed playing mostly pursuing second plan college girls, which suited me just fine. Still, I find this game worthy of the top for two reason: outstanding animations with large portion of girls for most tastes, good writing (except after chapter 4-5 when it went into stagnation and more boring conflicts started to pop up) and really good humor, as the part of the writing.

beh123234

Dec 11, 2018
Since there were mentions of so-called top tier games BADIK and Eternum, I wanted to ask Pale Carnations fans what do they think about them. May the devs forgive me for this offtop discussion, but I'm genuinely curious. I played Once in a life time and Eternum and quickly became bored from the beginning. While Eternum seem high above from the first game, I clearly may name the pros that I saw: it's good graphic and very interesting idea. And still, in Eternum I didn't even reached the VR part of the game, I simply became bored. Beginning and introductions was awfully long, there were too many unnecessary characters that just dropped on you without proper introduction into the story. Unlike Pale Carnations, the story choices felt meaningless and barely affected anything. If in PC the player start from the beginning engage in to the story and main conflict, in these two games you feel like you just playing slice of life story. Yeah, probably not just my cup of tea, I'm not going to say these games are bad, but for me they felt, like they not worth my attention. If story not catching you from the beginning it most likely it probably won't get any better, that's my believe.

As for BADIK, situation quite opposite. At first I was really engaged in the story and the gameplay, but at the some point I just started to get tired. Repetitive cycle of partying than cheap drama conflicts than again partying and than again boring conflicts. I started to lose interest in any of the main girls, well I liked Sage at first, but her sex buddy attitude and cheap drama with boyfriend ruined my opinion about her. So I stayed playing mostly pursuing second plan college girls, which suited me just fine. Still, I find this game worthy of the top for two reason: outstanding animations with large portion of girls for most tastes, good writing (except after chapter 4-5 when it went into stagnation and more boring conflicts started to pop up) and really good humor, as the part of the writing.
Concerning Eternum and Once in a Lifetime, it seems that you just have a different sense of humor. I definitely loved it, and the humor was the ribbon on top that made it all better for me.

BADIK is my guilty pleasure in that it's an awful lot like a soap opera, only the characters are actually hot. Totally understand why people don't like it, but it just manages to scratch that itch just right.

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi , i wanted to ask before playing this game, the main girls will get fucked by other males , and if its yes its avoidable ? could someone give me some details before playing this game, thnx .

• Haha
Reactions: m4pII

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Hi , i wanted to ask before playing this game, the main girls will get fucked by other males , and if its yes its avoidable ? could someone give me some details before playing this game, thnx .
I direct you to (1)these (2)two answers.

Long story short is, not everything is unavoidable, although who it happens to is player determinant through the mechanics of the game. One of the heroines is also the girlfriend of the player character's friend, and there is implication that they have a sex life.

If you're skittish about that sort of thing, I'd pass on our project. The setting is a brothel after all.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
You must be playing Edwin as a maximum simp lol. It's great that romanced based players can enjoy this too. On the other hand, I'm trying to make him into a monster... although Mina might redeem my MC somehow.
I was a little worried at first when I started as I'm not the monster Kathleen is though I'm conflicted as she's also smoking hot and checks the milf/mature box for me, but overall I tend to lean towards playing romantic routes when available so I've been pleasantly delighted to enjoy this. I'm happy I've been able to balance a little depravity with actual legit feelings for all the LI's.

Sure, I could be ruthless when called upon, but I envision my version of Ed as not being a bad guy or sociopath, but doing what he needs to in order to get by and be able to go to med school. If he happens to catch feelings for a hot girl or 5, so be it, as long as they don't get in the way of his ultimate plans and he can still fuck around. This also means I've got no loyalty to Ian and will absolutely steal his girl if he's too stupid to hold on to what he had with Mina.

Spamwise

Mar 29, 2020
Since there were mentions of so-called top tier games BADIK and Eternum, I wanted to ask Pale Carnations fans what do they think about them. May the devs forgive me for this offtop discussion, but I'm genuinely curious.
Eternium looks great, but suffers from being a split narrative in two separate spheres. Also the content so far isn't really perverse enough for me.
BADIK is the worst, most boring setting imaginable, and locks roleplaying choices behind what you did in the past.

Of the Narrative based Games on this site, this one and TFTUV are the gold standards for me.

The Witcher

Modder
Jul 19, 2017
I made a Cheat mod for This Masterpiece game and decided to share it. It's based on Scrappy's CheatMod. So thanks for giving me the green-light to use his cheatmod as a base. And Many thanks to wurg for helping and guiding me.

Note: The Cheatmod should work with the future updates, unless the Dev Add or Change variables.

(I tested the cheat mod on the Public update and it works well without any issues.)

screenshot0004.png screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png

Last edited:

DragoonC

Apr 26, 2020
Hi.
I always get exceptions, some mp3 are missing in /music.
I looked around, there isnt even a music folder...
Any advice, i cant play it like this when i get the exceptions every few dialogues?

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Hi.
I always get exceptions, some mp3 are missing in /music.
I looked around, there isnt even a music folder...
Any advice, i cant play it like this when i get the exceptions every few dialogues?
Weird. Did you perhaps install an outdated mod?

Last update we converted every mp3 to .ogg, so the scripts for any old in-game walkthrough will likely be outdated.

Reactions: Zenyaco

TM | Twisted Games

GDI Spec Ops
Dec 30, 2020
Since there were mentions of so-called top tier games BADIK and Eternum, I wanted to ask Pale Carnations fans what do they think about them.
I am a fan of Eternum. Caribdis created a good story out of OIALT, and it looks like he is only getting more ambitious with his next game. Early on it has no appreciable kinks, certainly none that interest me...but it's very early in the game, and I like to let a dev who I trust from past content get 3-4 updates under their belt before I start to get too picky. A lot of games have a slower build while they develop their premise.

BADIK was a lot of fun to me early on, and even though I didn't love the dik/nodik system (and I still don't) I appreciated the humor and setting et al.

Unfortunately, update by update it's continued to move in directions I don't understand, and don't seem to me to be consistent with either the MC I am playing, or the initial tone/premise of the game. Free roam and video events like the piano recital are also getting a bit too commonplace.

I am holding out a little hope for future updates as the dev is clearly talented.

Can't wait for the second exhibition in PC!

Antera

Nov 19, 2017

Cricco

May 5, 2021

Both Badik and this game made me coom like a hose. Never played that other one but i'm sure it'd do the trick.

Garen

May 6, 2017

I definitely remember reaching a point of fatigue with both OiAL and BaDIK aka dropping the game mid-way and not touching it for months. But I did end up finishing OiAL, fondly remembering the entire experience and loving the dialogue; and caught up in BaDIK with characters who are in my favourites of all adult VNs.

All three are written pretty well so if you've read the plot setting, found it to be something you'd like but found yourself bored while actually reading it, it may just be a temporary mindset. I'd say just keep it aside until you want to read it later.

I have yet to reach a point of fatigue with Pale Carnations btw. Rosalind for my initial interest followed by Hana's developments and now Mina's story, the plot hasn't plateaued at any point for me.

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020

Since you asked. I love almost all kinds of games (Vanilla or Hardcore doesn't matter). Although ratings can be deceiving and there are some overrated games(even among the top 15), among the top 15 except for the light of my life, I love them all. But in my opinion, PC(pale carnation), City of Broken dreamers, Artemis, Good Girl Gone Bad stand different from the rest. If we are talking about harem games I would say the MIST is the best harem game. I do love eternal, but I do believe it is a little overrated.

Reactions: Jinzo_ and Su95Area
4.90 star(s) 460 Votes