ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Sounds more than good enough, as long as they can release updates in a resonable amount of time with reasonable quantity and they are comitted to finish it, I am happy. I wasn't aware this was a side-project for them, almost all VN developers do this as their full time job so I am even more impressed with the devs now.
Would rather wait for months and have the gurantee of receiving high quality content then wait a month and have 10 minutes of nothing.

Where can I find the info on their update schedule?
There's no hard and fast schedule, but this is the most recent dev diary. You can also see the latest development charts of the progress so far right here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The game itself can be something of a niche taste, but if the premise sounds appealing I definitely recommend giving it a try. There's never a sure thing, but the devs of this game have been very open in their communication and the quality of the product is unmatched.

E_nigma

Jan 20, 2019
Reading all the comments here, it looks like the game is very good.
Can anyone tell me more about the dev? How they work etc..? Last thing I want is to play yet another really good game only to find out the dev is another milking piece of shit who will never finish it
Very disgusting game hiding a wholesome romance at its core. Your LIs will get bukkaked, fed gruel, and all other sorts of nastyness. Then you go hang out in a diner and chat it up with them

Aug 15, 2021
Very disgusting game hiding a wholesome romance at its core. Your LIs will get bukkaked, fed gruel, and all other sorts of nastyness. Then you go hang out in a diner and chat it up with them
I think that as of now from the main girls only Hana and Mina can be called actual love interests. Maybe Felicia can also be considered one given the dinner date and her proposal to the MC but I dont think we are quite there yet. The MC is just another club staff member for the carnations (except for Felicia).

Reactions: youngethan

Gainsgoblinx

Aug 27, 2022
Hi, I've only very recently made an account here to help me keep track of updates. But I have played VNs for a bit longer than few days. I'd say I've played around 20 of the most popular and top rated games on this site. I've delayed playing Pale Carnations, becouse based on the description I thought it isn't for me. But now I've finished it twice back to back and I have to make my first post here.

I've seen the devs of PC posting in this thread, so I hope they get to read this. I want to congratulate you on creating something so special. There are other games here that have many things going for them, like humor, romance, beautiful relationship building, captivating stories etc. but none I've played so far was so sensual or made me think about it so much.

Everything about this game is at least good, so I'll only say what stands out to me the most. The animations are absolutely top notch, one of the bests I've seen in VNs. I'm also impressed how well the music is chosen, the fit of some tracks to their scenes is incredible, really would not be the same without it.

But there are two other things that for me outshine everything else. First, and this one pretty much sells the whole game, is the writing. I've never read anything as hot as the narration during sex scenes in this game. I don't know how you write this stuff and make it sound so good and not corny or cringe. I've read (more like skimmed through lol) some actual published highly rated erotic novels and they got nothing on your writing. I could just read your descriptions and stare at a static image with no animations and it would be a better sex scene than any other game has. And the inner monologue of Edwin is very well written too, rarely do I enjoy reading the thoughts of MC in these games, but here it adds a ton, not only during lewds but at all times.

And the second big thing for me is Felicia, I'll try to explain why. I'm not much into blondes, usually I like black or red heads in these games. Hana should have been my favorite girl really. Also I'm not especially into older women and least of all into married women or gold digging whores. And yet... I just want you to know how perfectly well you hit the nail on the head with Felicia design. I know you wanted it to come out this way, Edwin thinks of her as succubus more than once, uses words like "bewitched" and "put a spell on", you wanted her to be a girl a guy would lose his mind for just by looking at her and with me you got it 100% right. I really don't know what you did exactly, as I said blondes aren't even my type, but her looks and demeanor are just hnnnnngg, I can't stop looking at her when she's on the screen and when Edwin has thoughts of "is she some kind of succubus" I'm thinking the same thing in my head. You've even given her the least sympathetic reason for being in the competition and made her a gold digging whore to balance it out a bit, and it's still not enough of a downside. The scene before week 2 competition, when she just stares in your eyes to make you hard is hotter than anything else I've seen honestly. I know much of it comes to subjective feelings and all, but since you clearly tried for this effect with Felicia, I thought I would let you know how well it worked at least for me. I am very, very impressed how you managed to do this.

Truly the most unrealistic thing about this game is how Felicia's husband was able to refuse to do anything she wanted.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I think that as of now from the main girls only Hana and Mina can be called actual love interests. Maybe Felicia can also be considered one given the dinner date and her proposal to the MC but I dont think we are quite there yet. The MC is just another club staff member for the carnations (except for Felicia).
As i first started to hang in this game's forum i expressed energic concernes about the age of the LIs. I myself, despite i try to respect everyone's kink, i can't help but to feel contempt for the concept of a mommy boy MC who want to bang her mother apparently because women after their 30's develope severe cases of macromastia as if it was some kind of tumor. Really i'm not comfortable with this in the slightest.

Now, this game, at least, has very good reason to have women more on their mature side as carnation, and even if Rosalind is clearly there to pander to mommy issues, it's just one of the elements of the game, not the core of it. So i'm now totally on board of the masterly written story.

But i agree with you. I can't see the MC in a lasting relationship with any of the LIs, apart from Hana or Mina. What MC is supposed to be otherwise? Felicia's boy toy? Katherine's personal carpet? Rosalind's daugher's adoptive father?
Not very appealling at least to me.

Unless devs are cooking something really different of those endings where you pick your waifu. It might be more about what kind of man MC will be after getting through the club's debaucery.

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
At the current stand in the game I agree mostly with you on this. Hana and Mina (even if I am less inclined to hit on a buddies girlfriend) are the main possible girlfriends/wives for the end of the game. Felicia is practically there as well, not quite as much but nearly so, considering that there is not only the sugar momma proposal, but you can decide to go with her to the art exhibition freely. And you had other dates (in the widest sense) before.
Next is Rosalind with some distance behind the three. Their relationship is currently more about helping Rosi and Momma issues of Edwin, but there is sympathy which can develop durther. Veronica and Kath are behind those 4 by a margin IMO. At the moment Veronica´s relationship with Edwin is friendship the most. She is focused too much on saving her Gym and is mainly playing "for the other team";), so a real romance has a way to go to happen at all. Kath is a true sadist and while for some that is really great, it is definitely NOT my cup of tea.
As i first started to hang in this game's forum i expressed energic concernes about the age of the LIs. I myself, despite i try to respect everyone's kink, i can't help but to feel contempt for the concept of a mommy boy MC who want to bang her mother apparently because women after their 30's develope severe cases of macromastia as if it was some kind of tumor. Really i'm not comfortable with this in the slightest.
Now, this game, at least, has very good reason to have women more on their mature side as carnation, and even if Rosalind is clearly there to pander to mommy issues, it's just one of the elements of the game, not the core of it. So i'm now totally on board of the masterly written story.
But i agree with you. I can't see the MC in a lasting relationship with any of the LIs, apart from Hana or Mina. What MC is supposed to be otherwise? Felicia's boy toy? Katherine's personal carpet? Rosalind's daugher's adoptive father?
Not very appealling at least to me.
Unless devs are cooking something really different of those endings where you pick your waifu. It might be more about what kind of man MC will be after getting through the club's debaucery.
As I wrote above, with Felicia there is more possible than just being a boy toy. But I think you are onto somthing with your comment about what kind of man Edwin will be after the events at the club. That will have a big influence on who he/we as players chose as wife and what trajetory their relationship will take.

• Hey there
Reactions: selberdreher

shaq9

Oct 1, 2017
Similar to others, this game made me question how I felt about a lot of things that I thought were cut and dry. For example, how do you guys feel about prostituting while pregnant? If you asked me before playing this game, I'd easily say it's disgusting, but now I'm interested in both sides of the situation. What do you guys think? And please, keep it civil for the love of Bob.

Sep 26, 2021
Idk if I'd say it's disgusting, but if I was Yoori I'd probably give the club an ultimatum, if you keep Warren around you lose me. Or maybe just nope the fuck out. No amount of money is worth losing the baby if Warren of Samson get too rough. Warren beat the shit out of Emma's stomach specifically too. Just not worth it at all imo.

That actually makes me wonder, what mechanism does the club have to defend against disgruntled employees who threaten to blow the whole operation open? Like I bet if they tried to kick Warren out he would try to sabotage everything. I wonder if that's what Darius did and they had to make him disappear?

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
That actually makes me wonder, what mechanism does the club have to defend against disgruntled employees who threaten to blow the whole operation open?
They kill em? August is a big king pin after all. Sure he has hands in and connection with other significant crime cartels.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
That actually makes me wonder, what mechanism does the club have to defend against disgruntled employees who threaten to blow the whole operation open?
But i agree, loosing a disgruntled Warren would pose a major security problem. So they need to make sure, that Warrens benefits outweighs his potential gains from leaving the club. I think that's part of the reason, why Warren enjoys so much freedom inside the club, and gets usually away with his behaviour. Also i am pretty sure they have a decent amount of dirt on him, and he knows that; the owners and Warren have each other at their throats and this 'mutual assured destruction' ensures his loyalty.

For the other employees there is also the question to whom they will turn for help, because
However the most valuable client would be the chief of the LOCAL POLICE. Since Chuck, Auggie and Kat can keep the Federals out of their business, if they aren't dumb, and -spoiler- they are not, it all comes down to state laws they are breaking.
State Police in the USA, commonly known as 'Highway Patrol', are concerned mainly with traffic supervision on the interstates and highways and to a lesser degree involved in protecting the governor, the states parliament, training and qualification of police officers and supporting local polices should the need arise.
This means battling actual crime is left in the hands of the local police departments. Perhaps you can see now, how invaluable it is to pocket the chief of the local police. If they avoid to bribe him directly to -lets say- unlawfully incarcerate an US citizen, again the FBI should be out of the picture.
They can perhaps turn towards the media, but with what? They need to gather extensive evidence, which isn't easy when you're wearing next to nothing as a work uniform. And the media can not assure their security from the rougher instruments in the owners tool kit.

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
The FBI - Could say that the upscale highly illegal sex club is also engaged in human trafficking and with the introduction of August's associates they very well might be

The ATF (Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms) - They would just say there is a very likely illegal (and modified? IIRC) firearm on the premises and I really doubt they are fully licensed up for Hana to be serving drinks

The DEA - All the person reporting would have to do is say they see cocaine/pill use/distribution, we as readers see 1 confirmed time that someone uses technically illegal drugs when Hana and Jacob are smoking weed after Veronica makes Kathleen cum on stage (IIRC) So we know the club does not have any hard rules against drugs. There is also the very illegal drug kathleen/the doctor/Sophie are making which does not fall under the purview of the DEA but they would still be interested to hear in a drug production facility.

Just off the top of my head and there is already 3 federal (above what the local chief of police) law enforcement agencies that would be at least partially interested in the club. As far as evidence goes you are wrong that they (the person working there) needs extensive evidence all they would need is enough to get a single member of any of those agencies into the building the club is in. It looks normal (but strangely unused) until you get the floor where there is randomly a well dressed (or tank top wearing) guard is standing guarding a random staircase in an abandoned building on a weekend night.... from that point if they dont let them up its obviously suspicious and if they do well then the law enforcement is in the club haha. Even if you want to assume they would not send a single agent to check out a potential lead all they would have to do is monitor the club over a weekend to see that congressmen, foreign diplomats, paramilitary leaders, world renown doctors, the chief of police, and large criminal cartel leaders are all hanging out in the same place....

Edit: If you meant they need evidence to turn towards the media you must not be familiar with the 24 hour news cycle :KEK:
You make some good points, but I think you could scratch the ATF. Pale Carnations plays over the pond, where legal gun possession is mega-easy and the Club has connections to mercenaries and even official armament firms. No chance that they have lacking licences or excempts for the guns. Likewise the alcohol. It would be an amateur mistake to not have a good alcoholica licence. August is mainly there to keep the day-to-day stuff running and he does not make the impression of being unaware of this.

Reactions: selberdreher

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
IIRC we still dont know 100% if he was disappeared or if he successfully blackmailed just Kathleen and was able to get away because she did not share what happened with the other owners. I personally think that Kathleen was blackmailed and Darius got away (at least for some time). Her being blackmailed explains why Chuck does not (or seemingly) does not know that it happened, or at least explains why Chuck would let the revelation that Kathleen killed/kidnapped/whatever the last person to hold his job to blindside Edwin. Kathleen has shown several reasons why she would keep something serious like this from the other owners the main one being the owners are currently involved in a power struggle and her admitting to being blackmailed would severely hurt her chances against the others. Another large possible reason is that Kathleen has already expressed anger/resentment about the fact that she cant fully indulge in the club due to her being a woman, with her feeling that if she really enjoys herself everyone would view her as just another whore. While in game this is directly related to the customers it makes sense that she would think any club related things (in this case being blackmailed) are due to her being a woman.

With all that said if someone like warren was kicked out he would 100% be killed or otherwise silenced. Chuck has connections to people like Kristoff (PMC Leader) so if Chuck wanted he would likely be able to call in a favor/pay for some mercs that work for Kristoff. August has already been heavily heavily implied to have killed/ had someone killed/silenced during the course of the game (if he allow him to solve Rose's debt collection issue). IIRC after you bring the issue up to him and he helps you the next time you see Rose she mentions that she has not heard from from the collector or the group he works for at all. Even if you want to ignore that he is associates with organized crime leaders(?) that are willing to burn a subordinates tongue in a "public" place. All in all if all the owners knew someone was getting out or they all agreed someone needed to be forced out that person would have no chance of getting away (especially if they are as smart as Warren).

Yes, we don't know for sure what happened.
Concerning Darius: I agree with Simpgor , that Darius successfully blackmailed Kath and got away with it. Because I think it was the first time someone did so and blindsided the leadership/or just Kath. I think this blackmail is one of the reasons Kath is so eager to start a power struggle and did so many backroom deals. She wants full control of the club.
That Chuck is so sure that Darius will not come back and get the rest of his belongings, even if he does not know the full details, is no surprise. If Darius and his girl have any kind of survival instinct, they will keep the hell away from the Club.

I am not sure if the implication that August let Rosi´s blackmailers getting killed is correct. August definitely has contacts into the higher echolons of the criminal underbelly (Otto is one example). If one of those guys tells "just Oliver" and Co. to keep their hands of Rosi, that will be followed, if Oliver knews what is good for him. When this talk about Rosi between Edwin and August happened, I imagined a certain Nino Rota song playing in the background. August does not need to get the blackmailers killed. "Making them an offer they cannot refuse" should be enough. Unless Oliver and Co. are idiots, then they really would walk the plank.

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes