Holdem High

Feb 18, 2022
Forgive my curiosity, but how do you monetize this then? I think your game is on a very high level and you guys need to get paid haha. Is it just fan support?

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Forgive my curiosity, but how do you monetize this then? I think your game is on a very high level and you guys need to get paid haha. Is it just fan support?
We have a Patreon page, where people can pledge support on a monthly basis. That's pretty much true of most adult games you'll find here. Not very many wind up on platforms like Steam, and those that do, still usually have Patreon pages.

Last edited:
May 13, 2018
Thanks for your opinion about the banners!:) I have been following your game since when the version number was MUCH lower!(y)
I do wish it was a better game. When I started, I didn't even know games of this quality level were being made; I'd mostly been exposed to RAGS games at that time. Interns was always more of a way for me to explore ideas for game mechanics I had, so there was never any real concrete plan for it. Not like this one, where it's obvious they've had all the major story beats outlined from the start.

ename144 Responses

Felicia

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rose

Veronica

I do think the start of the story needs to be 'softened' a bit to lure more players in for more, but the quality of both the story and the lewd scenes are amazing.

I would consider this on par with BaDIK and don't see why a seasonal release on a platform like Steam wouldn't be successful.
BaDIK is another good game that I thought had a weak beginning, actually. The player as narrator breaking the forth wall to say, "this is me, this is my dad, this is my life" is less than ideal. The adage of "show, don't tell" applies even in written stories. We should know who the characters are, and what the protagonist's situation is, from the story itself.

Sometimes a game can get away with a big screen or two of exposition explaining the world if it's a sci-fi or fantasy where it'd take too long to do it in story, but I think Pink Cake is skilled enough to have been able to pull off a better introduction for a modern day story.

Due to the program (HoneySelect) and modded assets we use, a commercial platform like Steam sadly isn't viable.
I still laugh at myself for thinking I was really smart for using Sexy Beach PR for character graphics. I thought, "no one else ever considered this?" Well, at least on TFGS, I hadn't come across anything like that. Now, it's fairly common to see HS for game graphics.

It's really a gray area, as I don't think Illusion ever expected their character posers to ever get used for more than personal amusement. I thought, at while back, there was a 3rd party going around sending C&Ds to people using them for games, but I haven't heard anything about it recently. Really, if anything, it's probably a great promotional tool for them. They should consider making their own Daz competitor.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I do wish it was a better game. When I started, I didn't even know games of this quality level were being made; I'd mostly been exposed to RAGS games at that time. Interns was always more of a way for me to explore ideas for game mechanics I had, so there was never any real concrete plan for it. Not like this one, where it's obvious they've had all the major story beats outlined from the start.

ename144 Responses

Felicia

Rose

Veronica

BaDIK is another good game that I thought had a weak beginning, actually. The player as narrator breaking the forth wall to say, "this is me, this is my dad, this is my life" is less than ideal. The adage of "show, don't tell" applies even in written stories. We should know who the characters are, and what the protagonist's situation is, from the story itself.

Sometimes a game can get away with a big screen or two of exposition explaining the world if it's a sci-fi or fantasy where it'd take too long to do it in story, but I think Pink Cake is skilled enough to have been able to pull off a better introduction for a modern day story.

I still laugh at myself for thinking I was really smart for using Sexy Beach PR for character graphics. I thought, "no one else ever considered this?" Well, at least on TFGS, I hadn't come across anything like that. Now, it's fairly common to see HS for game graphics.

It's really a gray area, as I don't think Illusion ever expected their character posers to ever get used for more than personal amusement. I thought, at while back, there was a 3rd party going around sending C&Ds to people using them for games, but I haven't heard anything about it recently. Really, if anything, it's probably a great promotional tool for them. They should consider making their own Daz competitor.
Hi! Don´t put yourself down! For a "Firsty" game IoEI is really nice and you are still somewhere in the middle of it. I look forward to where it will go. To not highjack the thread I put some ideas and thoughts of mine in spoiler and then go on towards more about Pale Carnations

Some thoughts about Felicia: While we have only a rough overview of what happened to Feli before we meet her first in the Disco, it seems that her options had been limited who she married and there are hints that her marriage worsened over time. That Elias did not help her save her school was something rather unexpected, even for him and it made Feli angry and led her to the path she is now on. Felicia´s biggest problem is her self-esteem and I think her gamble at gaining connections by becoming a member of PC might hinge on how we help her. While she might not gain as much recognition as she hopes for, since there are quite acouple real A.. in the Club, I think her plan can still function. And considering the current situation, it might be the best option for all Carnations if Feli wins it.

Veronica: As some others said, how I view Vera´s case depends much on how involved Sam was in her woes. Currently it seems to be a case of Sam using an opportunity at pushing the last domino, less him deliberately riding her into trouble.

May 13, 2018
Hijacking the thread... :cautious:

And considering the current situation, it might be the best option for all Carnations if Feli wins it.
I like Felicia, and as I said, my first impulse was to have Edwin date her...until I discovered she was not only married, but joined the club willingly. I still consider her as a friend that Ed will want to help as much as he can...but, that being said, I'm still pushing for her to lose. As the person who actually volunteered for this and the one who allegedly enjoys it, I've been doing what I can to put her in the last position where she'll go through the most games.

I've been focusing on sparing Rosalind as much as possible, so that she can salvage her life from what her husband did to her with as little damage as possible.

I'm not really sure what her Libido score is for, but I haven't been doing anything to encourage it. Given Ed already had an all-day sex session with her at a score of 2, I felt her sex drive was fine as-is. Felicia is slut enough for Ed's circle of friends. :LOL:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hijacking the thread... :cautious:

I like Felicia, and as I said, my first impulse was to have Edwin date her...until I discovered she was not only married, but joined the club willingly. I still consider her as a friend that Ed will want to help as much as he can...but, that being said, I'm still pushing for her to lose. As the person who actually volunteered for this and the one who allegedly enjoys it, I've been doing what I can to put her in the last position where she'll go through the most games.

I've been focusing on sparing Rosalind as much as possible, so that she can salvage her life from what her husband did to her with as little damage as possible.

I'm not really sure what her Libido score is for, but I haven't been doing anything to encourage it. Given Ed already had an all-day sex session with her at a score of 2, I felt her sex drive was fine as-is. Felicia is slut enough for Ed's circle of friends. :LOL:
Hi again! About IoEI

About our 3 Carnations: I can see how you arrive at your views about them and they are valid from which routes you follow through PC. As I wrote before, my "canon" playthrough follows a different way in some aspects so I see it differently. While Felicia went into the contest willingly and certainly enjoys many parts of it, she has aims going above simply winning it for the Luls. Should Feli win the contest, she most certainly will use her newfound influence to rebuild her little homecity´s school. And while Rosi´s debts to the loan sharks are not small, Felicia even now has enough founds to help her at least partially.
If the MC one day makes Felicia aware of the extend of Rosi´s situation esp. after Feli´s win, I am sure she would help, if you play Edwin as a person trying to help the Carnations and get them to know each other a bit. In my playthrough Feli likes Rosi and she is not a person who would let Rosi hang swinging in the wind.

A win by Rosi would get her out of her debts, but this would not help the situation of Feli or Veronica. That goes doubly to a win by Veronica, who would throw good money after a lot of bad money. If Veronica does not change some things in her life massivly, even a win in the contest will not help her, just buy her a little bit more time until she is back in the mess.

May 13, 2018
Hi again! About IoEI
Yes, probably a good idea to move it there.

Should Feli win the contest, she most certainly will use her newfound influence to rebuild her little homecity´s school. And while Rosi´s debts to the loan sharks are not small, Felicia even now has enough founds to help her at least partially.
If the MC one day makes Felicia aware of the extend of Rosi´s situation esp. after Feli´s win, I am sure she would help, if you play Edwin as a person trying to help the Carnations and get them to know each other a bit. In my playthrough Feli likes Rosi and she is not a person who would let Rosi hang swinging in the wind.

A win by Rosi would get her out of her debts, but this would not help the situation of Feli or Veronica. That goes doubly to a win by Veronica, who would throw good money after a lot of bad money. If Veronica does not change some things in her life massivly, even a win in the contest will not help her, just buy her a little bit more time until she is back in the mess.
Well, a portion of it is how I’ve been roleplaying the character, based on the initial traits I selected and all that. Prior to the extracurricular photoshoots, all Edwin had to go on was Felcia’s “date” where she had him imagine how sexy and exciting being abused at the club would be for her. Not a convincing reason to help her over the others. He didn’t get any real clarification on her situation until just recently, after his decision was made.

Past that, I still don’t see a win by her being any real help for the other two on its own. She’ll be a member of the club, not an owner. She’ll have no more say that someone like Isaac or Samson.

The people with real pull are August, Dr. Chuck, and Kathleen. To that end, the best hope for the future appears to be Hana, as she stands to have a much more significant share in the actual business.

The money thing does bring up a good point, though. I read that Felicia was one of the options for getting help with the Oliver situation, but that didn’t come up for me…perhaps Ed's friendship wasn’t strong enough? (I think the only time I didn’t have Ed sleep with her was at her home after the interview ordeal.)

Is it ever explained what her financial situation is? Clearly, she doesn’t get enough cash to save the school, but would bailing Rose out completely really be out of the question? If she cared, couldn’t she “win” just by giving the other two the money they need and having them bow out? (Not that the club would allow that…) I mean, she understands that the other two don't want to be in that situation, right?

I’m just kind of confused on the advantages of being a gold-digging trophy wife if her husband doesn’t give her access to anymore more than a trivial amount of money. Hell, if that is the case, them I’m surprised she hasn’t just considered divorcing him and taking half his fortune; I mean, isn’t Melinda Gates looking at something like $60 billion?

Millions of dollars and single again. Yeah, I think that would put her in a situation where she could move forward again.

fea876

Nov 24, 2018

Well, a portion of it is how I’ve been roleplaying the character, based on the initial traits I selected and all that. Prior to the extracurricular photoshoots, all Edwin had to go on was Felcia’s “date” where she had him imagine how sexy and exciting being abused at the club would be for her. Not a convincing reason to help her over the others. He didn’t get any real clarification on her situation until just recently, after his decision was made.

Past that, I still don’t see a win by her being any real help for the other two on its own. She’ll be a member of the club, not an owner. She’ll have no more say that someone like Isaac or Samson.

The people with real pull are August, Dr. Chuck, and Kathleen. To that end, the best hope for the future appears to be Hana, as she stands to have a much more significant share in the actual business.

The money thing does bring up a good point, though. I read that Felicia was one of the options for getting help with the Oliver situation, but that didn’t come up for me…perhaps Ed's friendship wasn’t strong enough? (I think the only time I didn’t have Ed sleep with her was at her home after the interview ordeal.)

Is it ever explained what her financial situation is? Clearly, she doesn’t get enough cash to save the school, but would bailing Rose out completely really be out of the question? If she cared, couldn’t she “win” just by giving the other two the money they need and having them bow out? (Not that the club would allow that…) I mean, she understands that the other two don't want to be in that situation, right?

I’m just kind of confused on the advantages of being a gold-digging trophy wife if her husband doesn’t give her access to anymore more than a trivial amount of money. Hell, if that is the case, them I’m surprised she hasn’t just considered divorcing him and taking half his fortune; I mean, isn’t Melinda Gates looking at something like $60 billion?

Millions of dollars and single again. Yeah, I think that would put her in a situation where she could move forward again.
She can't pay the other two, because she would fuck the carnation. The carnation being a lucrative event for the club, the club will not be happy with her. After all, she want to be part of the club to build a network with other people, owners or members. Being on their bad side will be counter productive.

Marriage contract, most of business men with a trophy wife will set up a contract that in case of divorce, she will not have access to half of their assets.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
I'm not sure anybody else has pointed it out, but we are potentially looking at a passing the torch scenario. August is terminal, his chosen successor is his daughter. Dr. Chuck is getting on in years, and while nominally his successor should be Ian, his talk of Ian deserving his inheritance leads me to suspect he may also include the MC just to ensure a measure of competence in the Club's future leadership. Kathleen would like to think she'll stick around for a while, but there's also a certain amount of parallels between hers and Felicia's backstories. Bored society matrons/trophy wives.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017

While it is correct that August, Chuck, Kath and somewhere in the future Hana have the main pull in the Club, you underestimate the connections Felicia can make. Even if she just gets a quarter of the to her accessible ones, it is shown that the members of PC have serious influence in the city and surrounding area.
As for Felicia´s financial situation: She might not get enough to save her school on her own, but she has ressources of some size. It is hinted that Feli could swipe away Rosi´s debt without blinking, if she would know the extent of it and likes her enough. And at this point we come to the various choices we make as the MC...
I do not know, if she could shoulder Veronica´s debts quite as easily, but she could definitely help her too.

But as another meber pointed out in one of his posts, even if Feli would help Rosi and Veronica, this has to wait until after the contest. Because if two Carnations bow out now, that would not go over well.

Reactions: selberdreher

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
May 13, 2018
It's rather difficult to make really unique, but still attractive, characters in HS. (The eye makeup certainly helps. Don't see that often.)

Hmm, I just realized Mina's name is Mina Harper...almost, but not quite, Mina Harker. Dun dun duuun!

4.90 star(s) 459 Votes