Mod Ren'Py Onhold Pale Carnations - OscarSix's Walkthrough, Gallery Unlocker, Improvements Mod [Ch. 2 Up 2] [Mutt & Jeff]

Jun 15, 2017
Use the WT as I do. I love WT mods but they are fragile. WTs usually get updated much faster than WT mods.

Good luck, friend!
I usually agree ,but the thing that made this particular mod standout to me was the fact you could choose all perks,traits ,and history. Sadly though due to this mod allowing you to do that it screws up your saves when you play without it.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I usually agree ,but the thing that made this particular mod standout to me was the fact you could choose all perks,traits ,and history. Sadly though due to this mod allowing you to do that it screws up your saves when you play without it.
For what it's worth, if you want to have all of that stuff on a new save without using the mod, you can use the developer console to individually add each perk/trait/history. Just:

1) Use unren to unlock the console.
2) Press Shift + O to open the console
3) Set each of the below variables to true, by typing variable = True into the command line.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For example, if you want to add the tireless trait, you'd type "trait_tireless = True", case sensitive.
Obligatory you may occasionally run into funky bits of text blocks if you do this.

Jun 15, 2017
For what it's worth, if you want to have all of that stuff on a new save without using the mod, you can use the developer console to individually add each perk/trait/history. Just:

1) Use unren to unlock the console.
2) Press Shift + O to open the console
3) Set each of the below variables to true, by typing variable = True into the command line.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For example, if you want to add the tireless trait, you'd type "trait_tireless = True", case sensitive.
Obligatory you may occasionally run into funky bits of text blocks if you do this.
Damn, I never knew you could do that using the console or rather I never knew the commands. Thanks man for this you just saved me the wait(y)

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Damn, I never knew you could do that using the console or rather I never knew the commands. Thanks man for this you just saved me the wait(y)
Ye can do this in any Ren'Py game (I just searched on here for Ren'Py Console Patch & just add it to the Game folder of each Ren'Py game I get). Just open the console, then press [Shift] + D to open dev list then click on variables to see what the each of the codes are (& how ye need to enter them in the console), then press [Shift] + O to open console & type in the codes that ye want to change. Know that many of the games require the story to get to certain points before certain codes are active in the list (editing them before they're active may cause bugs in the game).

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Edit: 2 Months is a long time to be On Hold for other commitments. Wonder what happened.

Edit : 3 months
Nobody got any new from him for 3 month? Damn thats actualy sad... I wonder what happened either... If he was right and healty he could just said ''I'm gonna stop making mods'' etc but there is no information about anyting at all? Weird...

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Nobody got any new from him for 3 month? Damn thats actualy sad... I wonder what happened either... If he was right and healty he could just said ''I'm gonna stop making mods'' etc but there is no information about anyting at all? Weird...
Found this in another thread for another game they mod but had not be updated in a while. From their discord.

"OscarSix — 30.05.2021
honestly, i can't, at this moment in time, if I play the game or it peaks my interest i will update the mod for it, if not, i won't"

So it's entirely possible they lost interest in this mod or have so much on their backburner that they cant.

In my opinion it probably wont be updated and if it is it wont be until the next game's update.
No one but OscarSix knows.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Found this in another thread for another game they mod but had not be updated in a while. From their discord.

"OscarSix — 30.05.2021
honestly, i can't, at this moment in time, if I play the game or it peaks my interest i will update the mod for it, if not, i won't"

So it's entirely possible they lost interest in this mod or have so much on their backburner that they cant.

In my opinion it probably wont be updated and if it is it wont be until the next game's update.
No one but OscarSix knows.
Well i think then he should tell he is going to drop games then other people can make mods. Its his decision but people are still thinking he will make mod so little modders wont make any mod for games because of thinking they cant get attencion.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Well i think then he should tell he is going to drop games then other people can make mods. Its his decision but people are still thinking he will make mod so little modders wont make any mod for games because of thinking they cant get attencion.
Radiant mod was just updated, so yeah this one is def abandoned, and it's been almost another month since your comment.

Reactions: mofonistik

Dreconts

Nov 30, 2018
I'm really not a fan of physical abuse in these games, even on top of that, this game is a piece of art. It has become one of my favorite game and most personal experiences. Congratulations on such an amazing job.

Tinuss

Mar 31, 2018
I'm really not a fan of physical abuse in these games, even on top of that, this game is a piece of art. It has become one of my favorite game and most personal experiences. Congratulations on such an amazing job.
you probably want to put that in the main game thread and not in the abandoned mod ;)