Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Pale Carnations WT Mod&Gallery Unlocker [CH4UP3 v8] [Lunarmist]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
Getting the exact same errors, will patiently wait for a fix. And if it doesn't work, I'll just start my playthroughs over. Thanks for your hard work, I'm sure it will be fine soon :D

Blackperalta

Dec 28, 2019
What worked for me was trying older saves, found one close to the end of last chapter that worked fine.

I also tested the mod on android, it works fine on the first run but it will crash the game every time after leaving and trying to run the game again.

To fix that first run the game with the mod, then go back to the /game folder and delete all .rpy files from the /game and /mod folders leaving just the .rpyc ones that were created after the first run.

Reactions: Seaum

Lunarmist

Darkness of The Mist
Uploader
Game Compressor
Feb 5, 2022
Getting the exact same errors, will patiently wait for a fix. And if it doesn't work, I'll just start my playthroughs over. Thanks for your hard work, I'm sure it will be fine soon :D
It's a save error, do you get the same errors in a fresh game with no mod?

d_generate

Apr 23, 2020
Does not work with current save files; only starting new game. Log below.

*note: ... is the file path.

Running Windows 11. Used mod on previous saves. I loaded every save since Hana decision (a part or two ago).
Rollback causes more errors and then game crash. Ignore causes new game.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "C:\...\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Pale Carnations Ch4Up3
Sun Aug 27 00:39:12 2023

Last edited:

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
It's a save error, do you get the same errors in a fresh game with no mod?
Gonna let you know in a minute, will edit. (I'm aware from the patch notes of the major changes to the backhaul so I'm sure you're right.)

edit: It loads new games fine. I'm sure it's the save's flag settings for the exhibition comps doing it.

Last edited:

Lunarmist

Darkness of The Mist
Uploader
Game Compressor
Feb 5, 2022
Gonna let you know in a minute, will edit. (I'm aware from the patch notes of the major changes to the backhaul so I'm sure you're right.)

edit: It loads new games fine. I'm sure it's the save's flag settings for the exhibition comps doing it.
Share the save in my pm please?

ReZven

Jan 3, 2021
i think the mod is affecting who i choose between Rosa, Veronica and Felica as whoever i choose, it seems to be rosalind, as well as skips the interactions during exploration scenes

Last edited:

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
My save works fine but the lack of .rpyc files in the mod may be an issue. Ren'Py stores crucial save data in rpyc files and since modded rpy files mismatch with original rpyc, the update to existing rpyc files may cause save issues.
I recommend including rpyc files made with modded rpy files in the mod and keeping them updated with each mod update.

To players, I recommend saving before 'save now' point cause there could be issues at that point as well depending on how a dev handles it.

Lunarmist

Darkness of The Mist
Uploader
Game Compressor
Feb 5, 2022
My save works fine but the lack of .rpyc files in the mod may be an issue. Ren'Py stores crucial save data in rpyc files and since modded rpy files mismatch with original rpyc, the update to existing rpyc files may cause save issues.
I recommend including rpyc files made with modded rpy files in the mod and keeping them updated with each mod update.

To players, I recommend saving before 'save now' point cause there could be issues at that point as well depending on how a dev handles it.
I had a suspicion it might be because i didn't include rpyc files as the original game did have them, i will add it the moment i get time and run a not working save.

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
I had a suspicion it might be because i didn't include rpyc files as the original game did have them, i will add it the moment i get time and run a not working save.
Using just this version may not do much since that's already what the game does, updates existing rpyc to your rpy. You can find a previous game version, add mod there + run game, and use that set of rpy/rpyc to include in the mod. Ideally, you'd update mod rpy/rpyc each time on each corresponding new game version. But then again, maybe the issue is not in that.

Last edited:

Boehmi

Dec 11, 2017
My Save Game is broken - can someone help ?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "C:\Users\Boehmi\Downloads\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\PaleCarnations-Ch4Up3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Pale Carnations Ch4Up3
Sun Aug 27 22:00:11 2023

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Same error as others, saves not loading.
Hope there's a fix on the mod or some workaround (loading previous version and saving at earlier point didn't help) or I'm screwed. Running few saves to start with, and there's also lots of sandbox elements so re-playing would take ages.

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
updated mod makes saves start over from beginning :/
From what I've seen when this happens with other games I've played, usually a bugfix or variable redux in a new update from a *developer* -not a mod maker- makes some of the programming so changed, that constant variables are new or reset... then the game thinks that the slides of text and pictures we already read haven't been. Sometimes it borks the saves, sometimes it doesn't, but even if your saves were working, I wouldn't be surprised if the unmodded game would make you unable to skip seen dialogue on a new save. This has happened to my playthroughs for unmodded sandboxes like Mythic Manor and choice-based novels like Summer Scent at least one time.

I've been busy so I haven't even seen any new content, I've been trying to speed read one of my saves (so the rest of them can be mostly skipped through) but I keep slowing down to reread some of the plot lol

It sucks, but I don't think anyone is really to blame here. It is what it is sometimes!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote