HTML Abandoned Pandora City: Enter David [v0.2] [Janna Jinx]

1.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Feedback on the Rowena sex scene (version 0.1)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janna Jinx

Jun 22, 2017
will it be a sandbox?
As this game will be part of a trilogy, I think I'll keep this one a bit more linear and perhaps create the second or third to be a sandbox game. I'm still learning how to develop, so I won't be able to provide updates frequently if I'm spending hours trying to figure out specific components.

Janna Jinx

Jun 22, 2017
Have you already enough content to fill out three games? There are alot of devs who telling you will have thousands of hours of fun in the game but after its finished its a 0815 30 minutes skip through game.
Hi!

Thanks for the question. I'm happy you replied in the post, as I don't think I can reply to your review. I hope in due time, your review becomes more positive.

Do I have enough content to fill out three games? No, of course not. And who would?
I'm not setting myself up with a deadline to complete this within a month time. It might take me 6 months to finish, who knows? I'm a one-person crew, still learning the ropes.

What I will do, however, is develop the games based on the concepts I have in my mind. I'm not promising a game worth hours of playtime, that's not feasible to achieve. I've decided to split it up in three smaller parts, which in the end will form one bigger project, the trilogy - and hopefully the third part will be the best one. By making three games, I will also be able to share updates more frequently and take people, who are up for it, on a journey through the development.

Regarding your review, I'm aware of what many developers do, and how many just crap out a simple concept and then abandon it without saying anything to people. That's why I created this post, even with this little amount of content, so I can actively communicate with people. This game will also not be a "I do nothing and fuck everyone" type of game as you've mentioned. There's too much of that already and it's boring (to me at least). It's part of the introduction, but I failed to add a description of why it happened so easily. That's already been fixed.

I hope you'll follow future progress and I'm able to produce something the general audience appreciates - something fresh which is more story driven than a "fuck everything with a heartbeat" type of game. If you have any feedback I could make use of for the game(s), please let me know :)

Janna Jinx

Jun 22, 2017
Just to provide everyone reading this with a small development update:

I've altered the intro slightly, adding explanations and more interactivity to the scene progression.
A corruption stat has been added and I've started working on pathways when you start the game. Hope to provide a more playable version this weekend.

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Love, JJ

arkange994

Dec 31, 2017
From What I've seen that could be a great game.
Can't wait to see what you will do with this Game Janna.
Good luck and see you the next update.
PS: sorry if i made gramatical mistake, English is not my language

Reactions: Janna Jinx

Janna Jinx

Jun 22, 2017
From What I've seen that could be a great game.
Can't wait to see what you will do with this Game Janna.
Good luck and see you the next update.
PS: sorry if i made gramatical mistake, English is not my language
Thanks for your positive comments. I hope it turns out nicely :)

And don't worry, your English seems fine!

Janna Jinx

Jun 22, 2017
Development announcement

Thread updated with slightly newer version (v0.05).

Please refer to changelog for more information - fair warning: no new sex scenes added yet.

Hope to have a 0.1 version up by this weekend with more scenes and story content.

Janna Jinx

Jun 22, 2017
Development announcement

Thread updated with 0.1 version (hurray!)
1 big sex scene added

Refer to changelog and please let me know if these type of scenes are okay, or if there's too much text, etc.

Lots of love, JJ

Reactions: WhiteRaven9

WhiteRaven9

Jun 19, 2018
Development announcement

Thread updated with 0.1 version (hurray!)
1 big sex scene added

Refer to changelog and please let me know if these type of scenes are okay, or if there's too much text, etc.

Lots of love, JJ
I was honestly expecting less in this update, but maybe you had all the code and pictures ready and that's why this update came out so quick.
The theming looks great, the Rowena sex scene is pretty good, but I wouldn't mind a bit more text. If the quality of the writing (like in this Rowena quest) persists and the story is interesting and there's a lot more quests like these ones (they need to be longer, of course) then this can become a great game.

Reactions: Janna Jinx

Janna Jinx

Jun 22, 2017
I was honestly expecting less in this update, but maybe you had all the code and pictures ready and that's why this update came out so quick.
The theming looks great, the Rowena sex scene is pretty good, but I wouldn't mind a bit more text. If the quality of the writing (like in this Rowena quest) persists and the story is interesting and there's a lot more quests like these ones (they need to be longer, of course) then this can become a great game.
Thanks for the feedback!

Nope, to be honest I pulled an all-nighter to finish it up. It turned out to be more work than I expected, but I feel it was worth it. Wrote and sourced everything while I was updating the game, so a lot of it was just what popped into my mind on the spot.

Thanks! I felt it maybe had too much text, but I'll see what I can do about it. Trying to find a good balance between text and visuals is difficult, I feel. You also won't be able to please everyone's preferences, but that's also fine. Further quests will of course be a lot more extensive, I was honestly just figuring out how to code questlines with different outcomes, I think it turned out okay-ish.

I'll try my best to continue developing this way!

Love, JJ

Reactions: arkange994

Janna Jinx

Jun 22, 2017
Big thank you to everyone who voted on the poll. I can't make the game fit everyone's preferences of course, but this will help me guide it into the best direction.

JJ

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
Thanks for the question. I'm happy you replied in the post, as I don't think I can reply to your review. I hope in due time, your review becomes more positive.
The game is to early to change it yet. Later I check the newest version.

Do I have enough content to fill out three games? No, of course not. And who would?
I'm not setting myself up with a deadline to complete this within a month time. It might take me 6 months to finish, who knows? I'm a one-person crew, still learning the ropes.
The question is, there must be a reason why you want to make a trilogy if you dont even have enough content for the first game. Why not one big game instead of three small? One big = every choice matter later in game. Three different = choices in the first game doesnt matter in the second game.

What I will do, however, is develop the games based on the concepts I have in my mind. I'm not promising a game worth hours of playtime, that's not feasible to achieve. I've decided to split it up in three smaller parts, which in the end will form one bigger project, the trilogy - and hopefully the third part will be the best one. By making three games, I will also be able to share updates more frequently and take people, who are up for it, on a journey through the development.
Thought this already answered my upper question but you already added one choice.

If you have any feedback I could make use of for the game(s), please let me know :)
Just let you do your work.

Janna Jinx

Jun 22, 2017
The game is to early to change it yet. Later I check the newest version.

The question is, there must be a reason why you want to make a trilogy if you dont even have enough content for the first game. Why not one big game instead of three small? One big = every choice matter later in game. Three different = choices in the first game doesnt matter in the second game.

Thought this already answered my upper question but you already added one choice.

Just let you do your work.
Yep, although that's not really a question; the reason, as mentioned, is that I'm not a developer by trade or hobby. I'm learning as I go. Splitting it up in different smaller projects will make it easier for me to learn how to code everything. One of the reasons many "developers" abandon unfinished games is because their goal is unachievable. A large game is fun, but the larger it is, the more that can break in the code, the more work and time you will have to invest.

The game has no intention of being a large sandbox game like Girl Life. If this is something people are looking for, they shouldn't bother with this one.

In the back of my head I'm thinking of using Renpy for the second game, to see the difference in development and coding. For the third I can make a final decision which to go with and then have a better understanding of how to create it. The third, as such, will be a larger game. And besides, for HTML games, 1 or 2 hours of gameplay seems large enough imo.

On a side note, do you think all games on here have been created with a very specific roadmap in mind, content already written, visuals already created and done? That's just not how it works, at least not for me. I have to earn money during the day, so I get bits and pieces of time to work on other things.

My goal is to finish the game, not abandon it halfway through. Hope that ultimately explains why someone with no programming experience isn't creating one large game.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
I'm not getting any option to see much of a story coming from Mistress Luciana, whether or not I fuck Rowena or not. There is also no option to not fuck her to get the quest complete.

Skyedge

Dec 20, 2017
Huh, interesting.
Everyone seemed really interested, and dev looked very enthusiastic, then just total radio silence safety Jan 31?
Hope dev is alright

1.00 star(s) 2 Votes