bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Sam's name is 'Cucumber', and later in the game, in one of the dialogues, Clover calls herself 'Parsnip' on her own accord. I just think that think that it may be a mistake, but of course I could be wrong. Maybe both girls are named 'Cucumber'?

On another note, I find when you take the Vigor Pill, the screen resets to Sam's cell, even if you were playing with Clover or Alex.

[EDIT] Or were you asking why I think the game is fun?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Sam's name is 'Cucumber', and later in the game, in one of the dialogues, Clover calls herself 'Parsnip' on her own accord. I just think that think that it may be a mistake, but of course I could be wrong. Maybe both girls are named 'Cucumber'?

On another note, I find when you take the Vigor Pill, the screen resets to Sam's cell, even if you were playing with Clover or Alex.

[EDIT] Or were you asking why I think the game is fun?
asking why name doesn't suit.

as for pills i haven't used any so can't say.

orvail

May 13, 2018
BTW, I can somewhat confirm the issues about starting the game. Circumstances: I extracted this game on an NFS, which ususally doesn't pose a problem at all. I am using Avast Antivirus, but it doesn't show up any notification at all. Every renpy game I started so far from that NFS worked fine, but this game refuses to start from the NFS after the first start (just saying "Loading error handling took 0.22s" in the log.txt). I though this could be caused because of my reverse engineering attempts, but it even fails to start after a clean re-extraction. On linux, everything works fine, even after decompiling the game files and fixing the "publicSlut" bug. I used the very same release of unrpyc on both platforms, and followed the same procedure for fixing that bug on both platforms. The only difference is that I'm running the game from the NFS on windows, but from a physical drive on linux. Bugged OS is Windows 10 x64 version 20H2, I hope this will help somewhat.

orvail

May 13, 2018
a) I'm storing windows backups on that drive; b) there's still a huge space left to store stuff on it.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
a) I'm storing windows backups on that drive; b) there's still a huge space left to store stuff on it.
well anyways check that .exe isn't blocked by avast (doesn't necessarily notify about blocking).

orvail

May 13, 2018
well anyways check that .exe isn't blocked by avast (doesn't necessarily notify about blocking).
I checked that, it's not blocked. Neither the x64 nor the x86 exes work, I can't even run the .py. Task manager shows how they load, go up to around 200-220 MB of RAM, and then drop down again, but not immediately, which means the game is somehow regularily exiting without notification. Same happens if I move the game over to an internal HDD to exclude the possibility it's related to the NFS. Completely deleting the game data and re-extracting doesn't help. It just isn't doing anything, and it doesn't even report any error. My attempts at debugging where exactly it breaks led to nowhere. It works fine on Linux, though.

One thing that caught my attention is that un.rpyc (the decompiler) breaks on Windows with an exception, while on Linux everything works fine again. I tend to think it's Ren'Py having problems here (wouldn't surprise me, I had a look at how it's made while trying to debug and... uh... let's say it could be done better).

'nough rant. I can play on Linux, that's all that matters.

Exiscoming

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2018
I checked that, it's not blocked. Neither the x64 nor the x86 exes work, I can't even run the .py. Task manager shows how they load, go up to around 200-220 MB of RAM, and then drop down again, but not immediately, which means the game is somehow regularily exiting without notification. Same happens if I move the game over to an internal HDD to exclude the possibility it's related to the NFS. Completely deleting the game data and re-extracting doesn't help. It just isn't doing anything, and it doesn't even report any error. My attempts at debugging where exactly it breaks led to nowhere. It works fine on Linux, though.

One thing that caught my attention is that un.rpyc (the decompiler) breaks on Windows with an exception, while on Linux everything works fine again. I tend to think it's Ren'Py having problems here (wouldn't surprise me, I had a look at how it's made while trying to debug and... uh... let's say it could be done better).

'nough rant. I can play on Linux, that's all that matters.
Hey orvail, so strangely enough, this bug was suddenly reported to me by 4 people yesterday. I'm not sure what happened, but this seems to have been the solution for all of them:

1. Go into your appdata > renpy > PaprikaTrainer2 folder and delete your save files
2. Try booting up the game now. This seems to have fixed it for the people I spoke to.
*Disclaimer: Only go into your appdata if you know what you're doing. I'm not responsible if you damage your computer in any way.

The obvious downside is that you lose all of your save games. Though if you've made a backup of your saves, you can try importing them into your appdata one by one to see if the issue was caused by 1 specific save file.

Like I said, I suddenly got a ton of reports on this, so I freaked out. Not knowing what was wrong.
I put out a poll, but it seems only a select few are having this issue.
poll.png

orvail

May 13, 2018
1. Go into your appdata > renpy > PaprikaTrainer2 folder and delete your save files
2. Try booting up the game now. This seems to have fixed it for the people I spoke to.
*Disclaimer: Only go into your appdata if you know what you're doing. I'm not responsible if you damage your computer in any way.
Just tested it, but only deleted the "persistent" file from that folder, and it works again, all saves can still be loaded.

Zoroastrian

Jul 15, 2017
Going through the thread, it appears that there is a persistent issue with the Drift Punks and not being able to get past Rank 1 regardless of how high the Rep is. I have this problem. And yes, I am using, like, Clover.

Also, I've noticed that no clothes actually get unlocked when you hit a new Rep level and are already available beforehand, unless I'm just not noticing. If I am just blind then I suggest adding a "NEW" tag over new clothes until clicked on.

Edit: Oh, and for whatever reason Alex doesn't wear any pants with her waitress uniform even though the others do.

Reactions: Whitewolfgp7

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Going through the thread, it appears that there is a persistent issue with the Drift Punks and not being able to get past Rank 1 regardless of how high the Rep is. I have this problem. And yes, I am using, like, Clover.

Also, I've noticed that no clothes actually get unlocked when you hit a new Rep level and are already available beforehand, unless I'm just not noticing. If I am just blind then I suggest adding a "NEW" tag over new clothes until clicked on.

Edit: Oh, and for whatever reason Alex doesn't wear any pants with her waitress uniform even though the others do.
If I remember correctly, to get past rank one, after you have captured the first lieutenant, you need to attack them at the next Landgrab with at least 15 agents. This should reveal the next lieutenant and then you can continue.

Zoroastrian

Jul 15, 2017
If I remember correctly, to get past rank one, after you have captured the first lieutenant, you need to attack them at the next Landgrab with at least 15 agents. This should reveal the next lieutenant and then you can continue.
I don't recall land grabs being explained at any point so far. I have a few agents and I can wait for the time but nothing happens. Clicking on the agents button at the top simply says that's it's 0 days until the next land grab.

If this is a major thing that I'm missing then it should probably be highlighted better.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Landgrab gets brought up when you get to level 2 with the Aces, or is it after you catch one of their lieutenants? You need to get further with the Aces.

Zoroastrian

Jul 15, 2017
Landgrab gets brought up when you get to level 2 with the Aces, or is it after you catch one of their lieutenants? You need to get further with the Aces.
Oh cool, that was it.

Given that many people seem to be having this problem in advancing it would probably be a good idea to telegraph this requirement in some way. There is a notification that there is a bounty with the Aces, however it isn't actually explained what a bounty is or how to accomplish it. The only way I would have found this is to just randomly have went on a mission to Spain and missions are, if I'm honest, very repetitive and boring so I've been avoiding them.

Edit: And yes, I did notice the little portrait under the Aces but that isn't explained either and since it doesn't show up until after level 2 and the other gang you're likely working on before bothering with Alex cannot be advanced past level 1 it seemed to simply be something that would happen by itself after getting the Drift Punks to level 2 somehow.

Last edited:

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Oh cool, that was it.

Given that many people seem to be having this problem in advancing it would probably be a good idea to telegraph this requirement in some way. There is a notification that there is a bounty with the Aces, however it isn't actually explained what a bounty is or how to accomplish it. The only way I would have found this is to just randomly have went on a mission to Spain and missions are, if I'm honest, very repetitive and boring so I've been avoiding them.
If you follow the quests, the one that is bright yellow is a good guide on what the game expects you to do. Try to keep your eye on that one.

Zoroastrian

Jul 15, 2017
If you follow the quests, the one that is bright yellow is a good guide on what the game expects you to do. Try to keep your eye on that one.
At a certain point the only active quest available simply says to reach level 2 with the Drift Punks and zero explanation as to how. It's not very transparent.

3.70 star(s) 89 Votes