Paradise Found: media packs

hitech1

Jun 14, 2018
i extracted em directily into media and overwrite the original files that were there.
gofile was only 2.14 gb. it's missing kyra and it doesn't completely extract right :( I cant grab from mega cause i'm at my max. the other sites, my anti-virus software hates.

I read back through so not a big deal. I can wait till mega limits clear :)

Last edited:

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
gofile was only 2.14 gb. it's missing kyra and it doesn't completely extract right :( I cant grab from mega cause i'm at my max. the other sites, my anti-virus software hates.

I read back through so not a big deal. I can wait till mega limits clear :)
Gofile has been downloaded over 22000 times with no complaints before. Maybe you didn't have enough space or your anti-virus hates gofile too. Get a better anti-virus. What use is an anti-virus if it doesn't allow you to download stuff?

d193612

May 4, 2017
Ok. Maybe I am a total moron(but I don´t think so).
I made all what is written. BUT....the pf.jar in the media folder do not work. No videos played. Only pictures.
pf.jar in the root folder,and all is fine. But I played it only one day(ingame) I tried the updated version(10 to 11) and the new version 11. All the same. :-(

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Ok. Maybe I am a total moron(but I don´t think so).
I made all what is written. BUT....the pf.jar in the media folder do not work. No videos played. Only pictures.
pf.jar in the root folder,and all is fine. But I played it only one day(ingame) I tried the updated version(10 to 11) and the new version 11. All the same. :-(
Do you perhaps play the game by running pf.jar in the media folder? You should play the game by running Paradise Found.exe in the root folder. You shouldn't move around pf.jar except when upgrading from v0.10 to v0.11. Then you move pf.jar from v0.10 to the media folder in v0.11. There you extract the files from that pf.jar. And always extract the files where you are, directly in that folder, not into a new folder.
But if you have downloaded the full v0.11 media pack it is very simple. Just extract all files into the media folder and run Paradise Found.exe.

Reactions: d193612

d193612

May 4, 2017
Do you perhaps play the game by running pf.jar in the media folder? You should play the game by running Paradise Found.exe in the root folder. You shouldn't move around pf.jar except when upgrading from v0.10 to v0.11. Then you move pf.jar from v0.10 to the media folder in v0.11. There you extract the files from that pf.jar. And always extract the files where you are, directly in that folder, not into a new folder.
But if you have downloaded the full v0.11 media pack it is very simple. Just extract all files into the media folder and run Paradise Found.exe.
Ok. Thanks. I will check it out (y)

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Can the process for using/adding the pack be explained a little clearer please.
I don't know how it can be clearer though. For the full media pack, it's just about extracting the files in the media folder. For the update pack, it requires more steps which I have tried to outline as clear as I can, but if you find that too unclear I suggest just using v0.11 of the game plus the media pack.
Anything in particular you find unclear?

Henry73au

Donor
Aug 12, 2017
I don't know how it can be clearer though. For the full media pack, it's just about extracting the files in the media folder. For the update pack, it requires more steps which I have tried to outline as clear as I can, but if you find that too unclear I suggest just using v0.11 of the game plus the media pack.
Anything in particular you find unclear?
I have downloaded both version 11 of the game and media pack, do I just extract or open the media pack into the file name media or open the media file first?

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
I have downloaded both version 11 of the game and media pack, do I just extract or open the media pack into the file name media or open the media file first?
First you unrar the game. In the game folder you will then have two folders: jdk64 and media. Put the media pack in the media folder and extract the files there and let it overwrite any files when prompted. Make sure you extract the files directly in the media folder, and not inside a new folder.

Henry73au

Donor
Aug 12, 2017
First you unrar the game. In the game folder you will then have two folders: jdk64 and media. Put the media pack in the media folder and extract the files there and let it overwrite any files when prompted. Make sure you extract the files directly in the media folder, and not inside a new folder.
Not being asked to replace any files. doing this wrong but can not work out where right now.
Will have to leave it a couple of days and try to redownload both files.

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Not being asked to replace any files. doing this wrong but can not work out where right now.
Will have to leave it a couple of days and try to redownload both files.
If you didn't get promped about replacing files you probably didn't extract the files directly in the media folder. You can see the files you extracted somewhere right? So make sure folders Angela, Antonella, Avery... can be seen in the media folder when you open the media folder, not in some other folder in the media folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry73au

Henry73au

Donor
Aug 12, 2017
If you didn't get promped about replacing files you probably didn't extract the files directly in the media folder. You can see the files you extracted somewhere right? So make sure folders Angela, Antonella, Avery... can be seen in the media folder when you open the media folder, not in some other folder in the media folder.
I am trying to understand this but again will need to wait and redownload fresh copies, try again and hope that works.

Henry73au

Donor
Aug 12, 2017
Well I have just finished downloading both the game and media pack again.

Now for the media pack, unpack that to which part of the media?

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Well I have just finished downloading both the game and media pack again.

Now for the media pack, unpack that to which part of the media?
Dude, I have been telling you. Unpack it in the media folder. The second image you posted is of the media folder.
Take the media pack called v0.11.00 media pack.rar, put it in the media folder, and unpack it there.

Reactions: Henry73au

Henry73au

Donor
Aug 12, 2017
Dude, I have been telling you. Unpack it in the media folder. The second image you posted is of the media folder.
Take the media pack called v0.11.00 media pack.rar, put it in the media folder, and unpack it there.
so unpack it directly to the media folder or put in folder and then unpack?

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
so unpack it directly to the media folder or put in folder and then unpack?
I'm gonna have to assume you are trolling here since I have literally answered that question more than once, last in my previous post. If you are not trolling, how about reading my earlier post, which answers your question.
This will be my last answer.

Henry73au

Donor
Aug 12, 2017
I'm gonna have to assume you are trolling here since I have literally answered that question more than once, last in my previous post. If you are not trolling, how about reading my earlier post, which answers your question.
This will be my last answer.
I have tried doing what I believed you said
If anyone is willing to help since I am not completely computer savvy.

Last edited:

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
I have tried doing what I believed you said
If anyone is willing to help since I am not completely computer savvy.
Ok, I'll give it another try.
You're from australia so you understand English well so that's not the problem? Then read carefully what I tell you.

You have not extracted the files DIRECTLY into the media folder. You have extracted the files into a folder named ParadiseFoundv0.11.00mediapack which is located in the media folder. That is wrong. So right now all the files that are in the folder ParadiseFoundv0.11.00mediapack should be moved from that folder and placed directly into the media folder, in the same location as where bmc.png is.

I don't know which tool you use to extract the media pack, but when you extract something you can usually choose to extract it "here" or "to <foldername>". So next time you do this, you should place the media pack in the media folder and select "Extract here", not "Extract to <some name>".

Henry73au

Donor
Aug 12, 2017
Ok, I'll give it another try.
You're from australia so you understand English well so that's not the problem? Then read carefully what I tell you.

You have not extracted the files DIRECTLY into the media folder. You have extracted the files into a folder named ParadiseFoundv0.11.00mediapack which is located in the media folder. That is wrong. So right now all the files that are in the folder ParadiseFoundv0.11.00mediapack should be moved from that folder and placed directly into the media folder, in the same location as where bmc.png is.

I don't know which tool you use to extract the media pack, but when you extract something you can usually choose to extract it "here" or "to <foldername>". So next time you do this, you should place the media pack in the media folder and select "Extract here", not "Extract to <some name>".
Thank You heaps for the extra clarification.
I may need to get something better than what I am currently using in Breezip but was looking to stay on the free side.

Reactions: puffyshirt