VN Ren'Py Paradise on Top [v0.1] [Nailing Games]

Nailing

Apr 15, 2023
Cover.png

Overview:
You play as the protagonist who finds themselves imprisoned on the treacherous core floor. Your life takes an unexpected turn when a demon girl named Amaris comes to your rescue. As you begin your journey alongside your enigmatic savior, your ultimate goal is to escape the floors and reach the surface - a realm known only in legends as "paradise."
Together with Amaris, traverse through the mystifying layers that make up the underground world, each floor with its own unique setting and challenges. You'll face perils and temptations, unravel secrets, and encounter an array of fantastical creatures.​

Thread Updated: 2023-04-15
Release Date: 2023-04-15
Developer: Nailing Games -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -

screenshot0037.png screenshot0036.png screenshot0039.png screenshot0038.png screenshot0040.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Nailing

Apr 15, 2023
Congrats on your first post. Please use ai cg as a tool and not abuse it for minimal effort like other devs.

And uhh... might want to check the spelling on your cover image. Not sure if that's intentional.
thank you!
Ah, dang, how did I not catch that? It was intentional back when I first made the cover and was working on a combat system with dice. But I ditched the combat system 'cause it just wasn't fun. Oh well, looks like it'll have to stay this way for now.

Sep 19, 2020
Your screenshots are nice especially the consistency on the green girl. One thing I would suggest it put something else for the 4th image as at first glance it looks like really bad AI Art but considering your other shots I assume that's some sort of dimension tear. Will DLed it and try to give you some feedback.

Reactions: Nailing and Viixby

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Looks really good, also agree with the person above about that one screenshot, it through me off too, until this person mentioned what it more likely is. People are really skeptical of ai cg quality and anything that throws them off might just scare them away, I assume from previous bad experiences most of the time.

Sep 19, 2020
OK played thru part of the first night and I need to crash.....

The good.

Consistency between characters is excellent. Most AIArt VNs have fail to make a character consistent from screen to screen

Music and User Interface are decent.

As Vilxby said and I am of a similar opinion, many have preconceived notions of what AI fails at and mismatched and badly stitched together backgrounds are one. Your scenes where you are inserting panels/actions, Sample 4 or the Amaris's night scene as examples, you are separating the images with a jagged line that makes the images difficult to visually distinguish and ads a bad AI feel to the scene. Try putting a 5-15 pixel non jagged line of a contrasting color (Black in most cases) to separate the images) possibly a one second slow fade in for the cut scenes.

You are rushing far to fast and failing to have the characters interact when most players would expect it and when it would almost surely benefit the story. As an example the night scene Ishta tells us to keep it to ourselves and we just go back to sleep. This would be a great time to have a conversation about what he saw, allow for some humor and expand the content in a way that also makes the characters come more to life.

Sorry if this isn't to clear, as I said I'm headed to bed. Good luck.

And because I always want to know but seldom see any body mention...

AMOUNT OF CONTENT: 5-20 minutes with a few choices that appear to be slight text changes. No real nudity and No sex.

Has potential.

Reactions: Nailing

LoganP

Nov 21, 2017
thank you!
Ah, dang, how did I not catch that? It was intentional back when I first made the cover and was working on a combat system with dice. But I ditched the combat system 'cause it just wasn't fun. Oh well, looks like it'll have to stay this way for now.
It's unique! Maybe keep it and change the title. One of the characters could adopt the name instead.

fixet

Aug 8, 2016
lol does the banner say “pardice” because the dev couldn’t be bothered to do the text himself and had the ai generate it?

uxuxux

Jan 10, 2018
Has a lot of potential, but barely much to judge it just yet. Watching it, good luck with the project.

Reactions: Nailing