VN Ren'Py Paradise on Top [v0.1] [Nailing Games]

Nailing

Apr 15, 2023
Big thanks to everyone who played the first version! I hope you all enjoy it. I know it's kinda short, but I wanted to get it out there and hear your feedback as soon as possible. Plus, working with days as an update cycle really helps with planning updates.

Your screenshots are nice especially the consistency on the green girl. One thing I would suggest it put something else for the 4th image as at first glance it looks like really bad AI Art but considering your other shots I assume that's some sort of dimension tear. Will DLed it and try to give you some feedback.
Looks really good, also agree with the person above about that one screenshot, it through me off too, until this person mentioned what it more likely is. People are really skeptical of ai cg quality and anything that throws them off might just scare them away, I assume from previous bad experiences most of the time.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. It does look a bit weird in a small thumbnail now that I see it. I was mainly trying to make cut-ins/zoom-ins look cooler than just a plain black line, but I can see the appeal of keeping it simple too. No biggie though, I can always switch to black lines if they look nicer and make it more obvious that it's not just bad in-painting, but an entirely different image.

OK played thru part of the first night and I need to crash.....

The good.

Consistency between characters is excellent. Most AIArt VNs have fail to make a character consistent from screen to screen

Music and User Interface are decent.

As Vilxby said and I am of a similar opinion, many have preconceived notions of what AI fails at and mismatched and badly stitched together backgrounds are one. Your scenes where you are inserting panels/actions, Sample 4 or the Amaris's night scene as examples, you are separating the images with a jagged line that makes the images difficult to visually distinguish and ads a bad AI feel to the scene. Try putting a 5-15 pixel non jagged line of a contrasting color (Black in most cases) to separate the images) possibly a one second slow fade in for the cut scenes.

You are rushing far to fast and failing to have the characters interact when most players would expect it and when it would almost surely benefit the story. As an example the night scene Ishta tells us to keep it to ourselves and we just go back to sleep. This would be a great time to have a conversation about what he saw, allow for some humor and expand the content in a way that also makes the characters come more to life.

Sorry if this isn't to clear, as I said I'm headed to bed. Good luck.

And because I always want to know but seldom see any body mention...

AMOUNT OF CONTENT: 5-20 minutes with a few choices that appear to be slight text changes. No real nudity and No sex.

Has potential.
Thanks a ton for the feedback! Like I mentioned, the cut-ins are an easy fix. I'm not sure if I got the second part right, but what I'm trying to do with the main character is to make him pretty monotone and not too opinionated. It fits with his backstory of being a prisoner for a long time, and I think it feels better than just throwing in backstories out of nowhere. (As I'm sure if anyone found themselves in the MC's shoes, they'd have loads of questions too)

But I totally get what you mean, and I can see how it might feel a bit rushed since the MC only says a few lines. I'll try to find a balance between keeping the character true to my vision while also making sure it doesn't feel too rushed. Thanks again for the input!

Nailing

Apr 15, 2023
Cover.png
Oh, also, I worked on a new cover last night before going to bed. I'm not certain if I can simply edit the main topic whenever I'd like, so I'll just share it here instead.

Reactions: .Nemo.
Sep 19, 2020
Thanks a ton for the feedback! Like I mentioned, the cut-ins are an easy fix. I'm not sure if I got the second part right, but what I'm trying to do with the main character is to make him pretty monotone and not too opinionated. It fits with his backstory of being a prisoner for a long time, and I think it feels better than just throwing in backstories out of nowhere. (As I'm sure if anyone found themselves in the MC's shoes, they'd have loads of questions too)

But I totally get what you mean, and I can see how it might feel a bit rushed since the MC only says a few lines. I'll try to find a balance between keeping the character true to my vision while also making sure it doesn't feel too rushed. Thanks again for the input!
Your current scene is as follows...

The player just watched a big tittied succubus masturbate and when caught neither her or her cute friend Goblin Girl are upset. As they head back to camp GG starts talking about catching her doing this before. What percentage of players will choose from the options below....

Try to find out more about the Succubus's sexual habits.... (" ...Does Red do this often?")

Try to find out more about GGs Sexual habits.... ("...You don't have a problem with me watching her?")

Go back to sleep.... ("I think I'll go back to bed.")

If you put #3 any where close to number 1 and 2 then making an adult VN is not something you should do. You want #3 just in case a player for whatever reason doesn't want 1 or 2, but it is least likely to be chosen.

Option one and two are what most players want and allow you to satisfy some of the players question and extend playtime all for the low price of a few minutes of typing additional dialogue. Throw in a +1 to Red or GG's "LUST variable" and the players now see that their choices will probably matter. Option 3 covers the small number of players who dislike option 1 and 2.

Now those who want a more assertive MC are far more likely to try you next update instead of going damn the MC must be....

A Nice Guy
Gay
A Virgin
Lacking a dick
Brain Damaged
Cucked Beta

A Dickless, Virgin, Cucked Beta who is Brain Damaged.

Hope this helps you in creating your game.

Last edited:
Reactions: hr17

GGAdams

Mar 19, 2022
You could say that about literally 99% of the games on this site between Honey Select, RPGMX, and Koi, most Hgame art might as well be AI generated.
You are just showing how well you understand 3D art and software. I don't want to give you the whole explanation, but basically in all 3D software there is still a certain amount of skill and creativity, even as little as importing models and just taking pictures (in the worst of cases). It is art by definition.

All people who do not understand the problem with Ai art not being art, are people who have no talents or skills and do not want to be seen as someone who does not has none. The only people who benefits of Ai are talentless people. I just talked about it privately with Ai "artists", so I know them, and I know my community well and also being an IRL artist myself in a different field.

The OP could have find some artists, they are a lot of them, even if they are not the best, it would be a true original game which shows that the creator actually cares about what he does. Ai is just a prove that he will not care about learning art to make a quick bucks on stupid people on his patreon. He chose the easy route. I know it, you know it.

So yeah, keep promoting the lazy job of stealing art that looks more boring than the worst HS game ever. It's fancy for the eyes but poor for the heart, while replacing actual artists that you may love.

• Red Heart
Reactions: H.ERO

Nailing

Apr 15, 2023
You are just showing how well you understand 3D art and software. I don't want to give you the whole explanation, but basically in all 3D software there is still a certain amount of skill and creativity, even as little as importing models and just taking pictures (in the worst of cases). It is art by definition.

Normally, I wouldn't bother replying to someone who's clearly just here to hate, but I'd like to address the hypocrisy in your comment - your words, not mine.
You also seem to either ignore facts or just blindly assume you know everything.
Claiming that my work is lazy, whether you consider it art or not, shows your lack of understanding. If you think you can achieve similar results to mine by simply typing on NovelAI or any similar website that makes AI image generation more accessible something like: ("goblin girl, black hair, blue eyes, ponytail, doing x") without any extra effort, and getting the same character each time, you're mistaken. Each picture takes a considerable amount of time, and it would actually be a thousand times easier and faster for me to download Daz3D or HS2, pose the characters, and click render.

Reactions: Dream Tree

GGAdams

Mar 19, 2022
Normally, I wouldn't bother replying to someone who's clearly just here to hate, but I'd like to address the hypocrisy in your comment - your words, not mine.
You also seem to either ignore facts or just blindly assume you know everything.
Claiming that my work is lazy, whether you consider it art or not, shows your lack of understanding. If you think you can achieve similar results to mine by simply typing on NovelAI or any similar website that makes AI image generation more accessible something like: ("goblin girl, black hair, blue eyes, ponytail, doing x") without any extra effort, and getting the same character each time, you're mistaken. Each picture takes a considerable amount of time, and it would actually be a thousand times easier and faster for me to download Daz3D or HS2, pose the characters, and click render.
You use other artists work to make the art, that's simply how it works. You can be lazy with HS, while trust me, you would never got to quality pictures without some years of practice, and even the MOST lazy work on HS is still art by definition (go look it up if you never). But you don't even know what you're talking about. It shows how little skills you have in art, because I can explain to you all the skills I had to learn and master to do the things that I wanted which would blow your mind. Ai takes work, but not it's NOT yours, it's the program that feed upon OTHER people work. Ai is still faster than HS, and it has no consistency and care about artists.

I understand the subject of art deeply, I thought about that for months, I talk to many different artists, like game devs, so you will not get me to agree with your opinion on ai. You're the only one benefits from it. If you had skills or care you would NEVER used ai.

So you're using other people and job freely to do your game. It's like sampling but without the skills, and sampling is illegal, and also you can need only one sample to make a track, while with Ai how many art you need is a lot more.

Also in games, what matters is consistency, it's what makes a world believable. It's not a matter of high quality art, but art that can be understandable and consistent for the player to get immerse to. So yes, the art of your games is really bad and soulless. But you would need some level of game design skills or to understand that in the first place.

The community doesn't support your work. You're not an artist. You don't care for them. You don't care for games. You don't care for the players. And you don't care for yourself. You could have started learning a new skill but you didn't, you took the easy route.

Last edited:

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020

All people who do not understand the problem with Ai art not being art, are people who have no talents or skills and do not want to be seen as someone who does not has none. The only people who benefits of Ai are talentless people. I just talked about it privately with Ai "artists", so I know them, and I know my community well and also being an IRL artist myself in a different field.

The OP could have find some artists, they are a lot of them, even if they are not the best, it would be a true original game which shows that the creator actually cares about what he does. Ai is just a prove that he will not care about learning art to make a quick bucks on stupid people on his patreon. He chose the easy route. I know it, you know it.

So yeah, keep promoting the lazy job of stealing art that looks more boring than the worst HS game ever. It's fancy for the eyes but poor for the heart, while replacing actual artists that you may love.
Well, I don't particularly disagree but you can fight all you want, this is inevitably going to become more and more common, especially as models (ie. stable diffusion) get easier to use. Just bite the bullet like assembly developers did 30 years ago.

edt: and imo, as long as games keep using different artstyles, I am fine with ai cg, it lets better developers (even those with just a tiny bit of experience with real production grade software are probably miles better than many here [NB I'm not calling out anybody]) who wont throw at you the build "1(yes, an early alpha starting as 1.0).2424.21.99a GOLDEN bugfix.1" approach this kind of games.

Last edited:

PoloPaul

Jun 19, 2020
Meh, AI generated. They all look the same after a while. I mean, just look at rule 34 : there is a shit tons of pictures looking exactly like those, only this time the anime girl has green skin. If you are using AI generating apps, at least try to innovate a little. Go on MidJourney Discord to get some inspiration.

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
Nothing unique about it. All art has been made with Ai and it looks very bad. Congrats to being lazy.
In my experience, it can take just as long if not longer to get what you want out of AI than daz/blender. There is a long process that includes formulating and iterating over the prompt, model mixing, "image bashing", inpainting, upscaling and after all that you may still need to do photoshop work. That doesn't even include training custom "lora" or hypernetworks for character/style consistency which can take days...

Please don't be lazy and comment on stuff you don't know anything about.

You use other artists work to make the art, that's simply how it works.
Exhibit X on why you don't really know what you are talking about. There is no artist alive who has never seen/experienced anyone else's art. At a fundamental level (ie neurons), AI learns the same way humans do. The difference is that humans have the benefit of millions of years of evolution that created built-in neural network structures (ie, face+symmetry recognition in humans is superb compared to artificial neural networks) that AI has to train to emulate from scratch. At the end of the day, the artistic concepts are stored as either biological or artificial neural systems in analogous ways.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PoloPaul

PoloPaul

Jun 19, 2020
Please don't be lazy and comment on stuff you don't know anything about.
Spare us the sass. Everyone and their mother is using IA. Why is it so popular and why is it flooding websites such as rule 34 ? Because it's easy to use once you get the hang of it. Don't make it more complicated than what it is. And listing all the optional steps will change nothing to the fact that using an IA to make 80% of the work for you (on which you then have to add some details, and redo the hands and feets) is easier than starting from scratch.
Exhibit X on why you don't really know what you are talking about.
No amount of mental gymnastic will change the fact that using IA is piss easy and is a blight upon creativity in general. I, myself, used it to make portraits for my cprg games, and you don't see me bragging about how long it took me to get the perfect dark-skinned angel. It took me what, 2 days at best ? It was piss easy. I had to redo the light a little bit as well as the nipples. And, no, I'm no artist.
At the end of the day, the artistic concepts are stored as either biological or artificial neural systems in analogous ways.
Going off topic son.

TL;DR : Using IA in itself is easy. That's why everyone is using it, forehead. Saying that it is harder to use than not using it at all is as stupid and disingenuous as saying that cheating in a video game is harder than doing it the intended way. If I were you, instead of being a smartass, I would simply say "Yeah, I'm using IA. It's quite easy and I enjoy using this new tool. I hope people enjoy what I make out of it despite being, well, IA". Straightforward, humble and on point. Peace.

Last edited:

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
It took me what, 2 days at best ? It was piss easy. I had to redo the light a little bit as well as the nipples. And, no, I'm no artist.
2 days? For a single image? On a good day I do about 20 images/day using blender. I think you just made my case for me. Oh, and btw I said "CAN" be harder. You can get lucky or skilled (or both), and it might be quicker. If you use it just for backgrounds, that's easier too. But if you want something very specific and consistent... not so easy. If you can do it easily, show it. Where's your stuff?

That said, if you just want to piss out random images without any care for consistency or quality and upload them to rule34, sure, AI is much easier. That's off-topic though. We are talking about making games with artistic consistency/fidelity.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Great potential and good character designs.

Small nitpick though; if Ish is meant to be a goblin I feel like she should be shorter.

Also, a small body of water is a pond. Not a pound.

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
I might as well throw my two coppers into the pot about AI art.

Some like some don't and that's fine the ting about AI art when it get's better and more stable it will be a god send to people like me who have mental disabilities, (my stick figures look like the victims of an attack of mutant hemorrhoids from hell) ,who would love to make games but can't due to physical or mental disabilities.

Case in point I need a spell checker to be able to post something that is readable such as this post.

So in short if you happen to like using AI art and can get better and more consistent artwork for what ever reason you would use AI art being disabled or non disabled don't let other people get you down, at lest you are trying to make a game while most people won't because they don't want to or are jealous of other artists regardless of skill or talent so don't let them get to you.

For those is a beef over AI art I want to say a few things to you not as a judgement against you but as one hentai.adult/sexy game enjoyer.

As I have said in this post so far AI art and AI in general is still young, as thing change and AI tech progresses AI art programs will be more advanced enough to be a useful and consistent art tool like HS, Daz and so on that AI art programs in the future will need true artistic skill to create some truly impressive art but it will be ease enough that anyone of any kind of artistic skill no matter how simple or advanced will be able to create some truly impressive work of art.

Second of all, all of use are here for a reason and in most cases it is because we are all some called *" Degenerate Scum"* by the so called smart and normal people so why should we be hating one another?, sure disagreements are going to happen in any group of mouth breathers and that is a good thing because that leads to true creativity and social interaction(or so it seems to me), so why should we be some hateful to one another over are disagreements?

I have seen some really fucked up people doing and saying some really fucked up shit here and there is no call for that happy horse shit, we have to deal with that bullshit in the so called *real* world.

So basically what I'm trying to say is be cool with those who us AI art, who knows some day in the future you might find yourself using an advanced AI art tool to create your art, who's to say that HS, Daz and so on are not just simple and non AI art programs that will evolve into an advanced AI art tool in the future that you will be using in the future because it suits you because it suits your level of artistic talent?

Thanks for your time.

Lastly if there are any AI art programmers/designers drop me a line I'd love to talk shop with you, who knows I might learn something new.

Remember Kids " Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and those who say they don't are full of shit and have a serous weight gain problem. "

Last edited: