vogelbeest

Jan 9, 2021
Curious, but will the combat be fixed/changed so you can attack the same target more than 2 times in a row?
You can if you attack the one in the middle, your top can't hit the lower one and your lower one can't hit the top, however it seems the enemy still can hit you regardless of positions....

• Thinking Face
Reactions: wiwem71072

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
After meeting the orc I got this error message. If I ignored the orc I could go back to the city, but when I went Demorai hunting the same error occurred when starting combat. So, it looks like it's not specific to the orc scene, but to entering into combat.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll look into it

Make sure to use either a fresh save or play from end of prologue button we've added,
at the moment, even if old saves 'work' they are likely to cause a lot of bugs during your playthrough.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
So what was added in the latest version?
"N/A" isn't very informative.
This is why people should also post the changelogs :p

Please consider that many of the mechanics are not finished nor polished. We've attached a brief walkthrough in order to help avoid any confusion. Please download it!

In detail. In 0.127 we also added/changed:

- Prologue: Pacing stages for Nijah missionary scene with new sound loops -

- Progression: Option to skip prologue suggested only for those who played it. As it is 30 minutes+ of gameplay.

- Act 1: Novaras city map & navigation

- Act 1: Beginning of act1 story, inc. a bunch of mostly-animated characters, ~20k narrative words & 5 lewd scenes.

- Gui: Quick menu gone, a button to enter game menu (upper-right corner of the screen) now present.

- Feature: test-grade inventory system, to be improved.

- Feature: test-grade quest journal system, to be improved.

- Combat: 2 attacks per enemy rule disabled for now, causes bugs, may return once combat is rewritten (next major update).

- Help screen temporary gone: keyboard & mouse bindings are being moved into options screen, as to allow re-binds and to revise unnecessary or additional bindings.

- Improved (or rather changed) android support: the game now displays almost the same on android as it does on PC. this will be revisited later, for now texts will be small.

- Other minor additions/fixes/changes.

Please keep in mind the current build/state of the game is a WIP!

Bugs fixed with 0.127 build:

- Added clickable houses' outlines for easier navigation

- Fancied up combat hero icons & fixed misplaced ones

- Added ambience to act1 locations - a half-dozen various community-reported bugs fixed
- Other minor fixes/tweaks

- Save compatibility between updates is a priority that we aim to fix within the next 1-2 updates but is not guaranteed with this build.

- Many of the systems, such as combat are going to be overhauled considerably in the near future.

- And more. We will be casually making bug fixes and updates this months feel free to suggest anything you want.

Lastly, we want to thank you all for your support! It means the world to us that we manage to surpass 150 patrons and we are exquisitely close to reaching our first goal.
We hope you enjoy playing the game.

Enjoy!

-The Damned Studios Team

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
add
This is why people should also post the changelogs :p

Please consider that many of the mechanics are not finished nor polished. We've attached a brief walkthrough in order to help avoid any confusion. Please download it!

In detail. In 0.127 we also added/changed:

- Prologue: Pacing stages for Nijah missionary scene with new sound loops -

- Progression: Option to skip prologue suggested only for those who played it. As it is 30 minutes+ of gameplay.

- Act 1: Novaras city map & navigation

- Act 1: Beginning of act1 story, inc. a bunch of mostly-animated characters, ~20k narrative words & 5 lewd scenes.

- Gui: Quick menu gone, a button to enter game menu (upper-right corner of the screen) now present.

- Feature: test-grade inventory system, to be improved.

- Feature: test-grade quest journal system, to be improved.

- Combat: 2 attacks per enemy rule disabled for now, causes bugs, may return once combat is rewritten (next major update).

- Help screen temporary gone: keyboard & mouse bindings are being moved into options screen, as to allow re-binds and to revise unnecessary or additional bindings.

- Improved (or rather changed) android support: the game now displays almost the same on android as it does on PC. this will be revisited later, for now texts will be small.

- Other minor additions/fixes/changes.

Please keep in mind the current build/state of the game is a WIP!

Bugs fixed with 0.127 build:

- Added clickable houses' outlines for easier navigation

- Fancied up combat hero icons & fixed misplaced ones

- Added ambience to act1 locations - a half-dozen various community-reported bugs fixed
- Other minor fixes/tweaks

- Save compatibility between updates is a priority that we aim to fix within the next 1-2 updates but is not guaranteed with this build.

- Many of the systems, such as combat are going to be overhauled considerably in the near future.

- And more. We will be casually making bug fixes and updates this months feel free to suggest anything you want.

Lastly, we want to thank you all for your support! It means the world to us that we manage to surpass 150 patrons and we are exquisitely close to reaching our first goal.
We hope you enjoy playing the game.

Enjoy!

-The Damned Studios Team
added along with link to walkthrough.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
This shows promise, still clearly a lot of things are WIPs (the battle system and its animations are quite.. minimalist for now) and the game is still short, but the universe is interesting, even though the intro feels like a VN the introduction of sandbox gameplay soon after is very welcome.

Unlike most games on this engine, you cant seem to roll back to prior dialogue which seems like a shame, sometimes I just want to read the prior few lines again. Would be nice if it wasn't locked.

I could see this growing into something quite epic down the line.

Orlu

Dec 10, 2018
Ok, pretty sure that I've got broken progression through the "free-roam" part, then. If it would be helpful for me to bug report to you, what's the most useful format to report in? Just describe, include save, or...?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Send a traceback report if there is one, otherwise, screen cap and describe.

First off though, are you using an old save or fresh one? :p Old saves are highly buggy atm till we achieve save compatability.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Seriously? "you died, game over" in a practice sparring match? You've got to be fucking kidding me.
If I wanted to play a combat game, I'd play and FPS shooter or something. Combat in hentai games is usually pointless anyway, but to die game over while in a practice match is serious game logic flaw.
If the opening few minutes are that bad, the rest of the game must be terrible.
I almost didn't download due to the questionable artwork, I wish I'd listened to my first impression.
Delete, ignore.

Harskialdna

May 25, 2017
lostraven I got an error after visiting Arlena at night for the third scene. I could ignore and continue:

Next day she asked if I could come again at night. After saying yes, she asked me again.

Seriously? "you died, game over" in a practice sparring match? You've got to be fucking kidding me.
If I wanted to play a combat game, I'd play and FPS shooter or something. Combat in hentai games is usually pointless anyway, but to die game over while in a practice match is serious game logic flaw.
I almost didn't download due to the questionable artwork, I wish I'd listened to my first impression.
Delete, ignore.
Artwork is good and combat is easy enough. Use Unren to enable the scrollwheel to go back and retry combat if you're having trouble. I did it to avoid saving. It's an early version so maybe in the future the sparring match will be adjusted to not be a game over.

Other than that, I don't think their intention is for this to be just a hentai game. Think the story of this world has the potential to be pretty brutal.

Scenes so far are great imo.

markdx4

Apr 3, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: DynamicImage u'[enemybot.icon]': could not find image. (u'battle/ui/demorai-scout-icon.png')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "code/battle/battle.rpyc", line 277, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3134, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 441, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 558, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 744, in visit
    self.find_target()
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 652, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'[enemybot.icon]': could not find image. (u'battle/ui/demorai-scout-icon.png')

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Parasite Black 0.127
Sat Dec 11 18:18:41 2021

Orlu

Dec 10, 2018
Send a traceback report if there is one, otherwise, screen cap and describe.

First off though, are you using an old save or fresh one? :p Old saves are highly buggy atm till we achieve save compatability.
No traceback, as it's not a crash, and this update is the first I've installed.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Delete, ignore.
Its a bug we thought we squashed, calm down and get a grip.

No traceback, as it's not a crash, and this update is the first I've installed.

Ah, that's it for Markus' story for now.

For Arlena you need to go collect bronze for the blacksmith (by fighting) to continue her story. Follow the walkthrough if you get lost.

The journal and marked quests system is very much WIP, but you'll be able to track quests with the overhaul build and improved UI coming.

markdx4

Apr 3, 2020
hi
missing image
playing the game yo help the orcs and get

While running game code:

so missing image ?
and i downloaded twice still no go
nothing to do with old saves missing image ................

Orlu

Dec 10, 2018
For Arlena you need to go collect bronze for the blacksmith (by fighting) to continue her story. Follow the walkthrough if you get lost.

The journal and marked quests system is very much WIP, but you'll be able to track quests with the overhaul build and improved UI coming.
Ah, right,played before the walkthrough got linked here. I think the issue was just that I rushed for the main quest line, and haven't had enough time pass for Arlena's thng or Regina's thing to trigger yet, and it sounds like all the scenes I'd missed were in those two bits. Thanks for the clarification, and once the journal system is functioning it shouldn't be an issue for any players to realise I guess.

Reactions: lostraven

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Ah, right,played before the walkthrough got linked here. I think the issue was just that I rushed for the main quest line, and haven't had enough time pass for Arlena's thng or Regina's thing to trigger yet, and it sounds like all the scenes I'd missed were in those two bits. Thanks for the clarification, and once the journal system is functioning it shouldn't be an issue for any players to realise I guess.
You should have the option to fight Demorai outside the city gates, once you collect enough bronze, eventually a scene or two should trigger in the blacksmiths

Reactions: Orlu

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
hi
missing image
playing the game yo help the orcs and get

While running game code:

so missing image ?
and i downloaded twice still no go
nothing to do with old saves missing image ................
Noted, we'll look into it.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
The story and artwork is very promising, but I hate the battles with no way to skip them. Some can be won, but the last battle in the prologue is too hard for me. I don't understand all the options, so I searched a way to beat it after trying ten times:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
outdated - do not use

0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

mc stats/money // love // team stats(battle) // inventory

mc.png love.png team.png inv.png

enable rollback (scrollwheel , page up/down)

roll.png (set false to true)

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut ->>

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-4-1-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/post-3164612

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

how to use : https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-4-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)

Last edited:

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
Games got a lot of promise art is good writing is fine and story is intriguing. Combat can feel a bit clunky especially in the early bits where you can soft lock yourself but its not too challenging that getting set back is a devastating affair. Game is clearly very much a WIP where ui assets and the like are missing might give it a few more updates before i try it out again to see if its polished up. Also it felt like the patch stopped working after the prologue as now the MC refers to his mom as regina exclusively.

4.30 star(s) 73 Votes