jamesdavis

May 1, 2020
No one knows?
I think the demo is just for the reworked intro for the game. It says something similar if you look in the changelog on the main page. We'll see how much the game has changed for real when the new version goes up. We'll probably see it sometime soon since it went up for the lowest tier patrons on the 25th. We can only hope a hero uploads it.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Where's our weekly dev logs aka Alderian news??
View attachment 4020279
(Last weeks) - need to write a new one now

Hey guys, it's been a while since checking in. We're glad to have gotten so far, a lot of very positive feedback from all the changes and things from the last update. We don't plan for the next bunch of updates to take anywhere near that long, and we're currently, already, hard at work to push out the next update superfast.

Remember, If you haven't already, please wishlist Parasite Black over on steam! Every wishlist helps!

A lot of things are currently being worked on and underway, including but not limited to:
1.) -Continuing to add in the various remaining skills and abilities, this includes the different Parasite form skills/abilities, alongside other classes, like the berserker and it's respective abilities.
2.) -Dozens of new locations, including the Free city of Hamun, Carina's office, a sex dungeon expansion as part of the brothel in Novaras, and more.
3.) New characters, such as Carina, as well as expanding upon existing characters stories, world building, and more.
4.) The next update, dealing with the mages of Palam.
5.) General polish, bug-hunting, improving old visuals and revamping of remaining old characters.
6.) re-introducing facial movement animations for characters, something we previously had to put on the back-burner whilst dealing with more pressing issues.
7.) Future updates in preparation of the steam launch in December.
If you guys have any questions, let us know, right now, all focus is on continuing to prepare the game for its steam launch. For those interested in the continuation of the main story, don't worry, we're getting closer, and apologizes for the wait, but we're sure it'll be worth it!
A couple teasers below in the meanwhile!

Mika as a young mage... What happened?

Beware, the throne is the sweetest of poisoned chalices...

Carina wishes to speak to you in her office... Now.

That's all for now. We'll have more to post and talk about soon!

As always,
thank you all so much for your support,
you guys are awesome and make all of this possible!
Love,

-The Damned Studios Team

"How clumsy of me to drop these books!"
"... Hey...
What are you looking at?"

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I've seen people on here talking about dev controlling the thread, and we know there won't be anymore public builds, so how is the thread ever going to get updated?
We control the thread... Not the site.
We can't stop people pirating and leaking. Lol.

jamesdavis

May 1, 2020
We control the thread... Not the site.
We can't stop people pirating and leaking. Lol.
I was under the impression that the mods would get pissed off and take stuff down if it wasn't in the official thread. Guess the standards are more relaxed than I thought. Thank you for clarifying.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Wait, the so the last "full" game files are 0.153 version, and the 0.154 is just the Demo (and doesn't have all the content of 0.153) or?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Wait, the so the last "full" game files are 0.153 version, and the 0.154 is just the Demo (and doesn't have all the content of 0.153) or?
0.154 Is the demo release of the intro. 0.153 is now the out of date main build.

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes