Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
bruh whats taking the 149 linux version so long?
What do you mean? It's already included.
Just download the 0.149 version through the "Windows" links.

You'll find a .sh also in the folder where the .exe is.

Runs like a charm. I was playing on Linux after doing the above python script workaround on my Linux machine.

lostraven
If this is now supplied this way on a regular bases you could edit the first pinned entry and merge the seperate Windows and Linux download links into one section "win/linux" ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: *inhales*Boi

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
What do you mean? It's already included.
Just download the 0.149 version through the "Windows" links.

You'll find a .sh also in the folder where the .exe is.

Runs like a charm. I was playing on Linux after doing the above python script workaround on my Linux machine.

lostraven
If this is now supplied this way on a regular bases you could edit the first pinned entry and merge the seperate Windows and Linux download links into one section "win/linux" ;)
We have seperate downloads for linux, Mac, windows etc ... The person who leaked the PC build just didn't leak them. :WaitWhat:

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Alderian news!

Hey all, we're in the process of finishing off the Steam page, just doing some final checks and reviews before it goes live officially, here's a little sneak preview on that.

(Note some of the information in the image above may be changed upon release).

In other news, we've been busy on both the coding and art fronts. Coding wise, we're working on the revamping of combat and working on a temporary fix towards the save issues while we continue to work on getting the project in order which is our primary focus right now to ensure players get the most of of playing PARASITE BLACK.

We've also comissioned a couple additional tracks to add to the soundtrack, and overall progress is going steady right now, apologises for the delay on things but soon we will be back to some kind of normalcy.
As usual, art and various things are in progress, and the script is shaping up very nicely.

The second student you'll have the chance to teach at the Tower of Palam (WIP)

Adara's home (above) - (WIP)

That's all the news for now,
Being a little brief because things really are quite hectic right now but if you have any questions, as usual feel free to ask them below or over on the discord!

Thank you guys so much for your support as always, you guys are awesome and keep the show running around here!
Love,

-The Damned Studios Team

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
We have seperate downloads for linux, Mac, windows etc ... The person who leaked the PC build just didn't leak them. :WaitWhat:
Yes, I know, we used to. But the Windows download already contains the necessary Linux bits. Is this a one off and by accident or is this going to be the new default?
If so we can combine the Windows and Linux downloads and have a few less links ... well, to be "linked" (and to maintain) ;)

---

The new pics look awesome. Looking forward to.
If this comes to GoG, I might well buy a copy.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Yes, I know, we used to. But the Windows download already contains the necessary Linux bits. Is this a one off and by accident or is this going to be the new default?
If so we can combine the Windows and Linux downloads and have a few less links ... well, to be "linked" (and to maintain) ;)

---

The new pics look awesome. Looking forward to.
If this comes to GoG, I might well buy a copy.
I'd have to ask one of the coders. We still release in our official release posts, PC, Mac and linux seperately.

We'll be looking into GoG as well as Steam :coffee:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr_Sel and Impalord

Criticalviolet

Jun 18, 2021
Im using console command worldChars["mc"]["strength"] = to increase my Stat, but it seems it didnt increase my stat in the Parasite Form, anyone knows how to increase the stat on Parasite Form?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Alderian News!

Hey guys, hope you've all been well, first things first...

Yes, we are indeed awaiting approval from Steam now, then once we hopefully pass through that, PARASITE BLACK will be available for you to add to your wishlists and we'll launch the cinematic trailer! So, stay tuned for that~

Lots of good progress and cool things to show you guys today, first and foremost, we've mentioned for a while looking into dealing with the saves issues, and while due to continous engine changes we don't have a permanent solution yet, we have put the time into working on a temporary solution which you guys can see a WIP of below.

This will allow players to skip and select/get as close as they can to their old saves as possible while we hopefully work towards a more permanent solution in the meanwhile.

-Combat is still being revised more on that soon - We have nearly finished overhauling the core stats into something more robust, and will then need to take the next necessary steps.

-Additional old art of locations and characters have been replaced, such as Markus' bedroom and livingroom. While some remains, we are close to be fully complete on the full revamp of old art!

Other than that, we're still gathering assets and things for the main 'content' updates, and will have a lot more to say and show on that soon, but thank you guys so much for your patience, we're almost there!

As always, thank you all for your support, you guys make all of this possible!
-The Damned Studios Team

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Alderian News!

Hello everyone,

First things first, after failing and now correcting (hopefully) a few things on the Steam page, we've pushed through for a second review of the page, as soon as we pass, we'll make a public annoucement along with the release of the launch trailer.

With the saves issue now temporarily resolved, all of attention on the coding front is being focused towards improving combat and the RPG experience, which thankfully, is begining to take shape and is so far going well.

As you can see from the above, the attributes and stats have been completely overhauled into something more robust and useful, right now as of testing for exaple, enemies and players can now dodge attacks.

We're still in the midst of active changes, and we'll be showing you guys more as we go soon!

You may notice additional non-combat RPG stats such 'intimidation,' which will open up some less than friendly options when dealing with various NPCs rather than just relying on your silver-tongued approach.

Additional systems are being intergrated, including one which can have some *unusual* effects on gameplay depending on what you pick...

Finally, on the art front, I'd like to introduce the final (for now) Mage of Palam you'll get to meet soon, Mika!

Mika ... A tomboy country girl far more suited to tending fields than being a mage, she isn't the smartest around but she darn tries her best!

That's all the news for now, thank you guys so much as usual for your support as always,
you guys are awesome as always!

-The Damned Studios Team

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
Alderian News!

Hello everyone,

First things first, after failing and now correcting (hopefully) a few things on the Steam page, we've pushed through for a second review of the page, as soon as we pass, we'll make a public annoucement along with the release of the launch trailer.

With the saves issue now temporarily resolved, all of attention on the coding front is being focused towards improving combat and the RPG experience, which thankfully, is begining to take shape and is so far going well.

As you can see from the above, the attributes and stats have been completely overhauled into something more robust and useful, right now as of testing for exaple, enemies and players can now dodge attacks.

We're still in the midst of active changes, and we'll be showing you guys more as we go soon!

You may notice additional non-combat RPG stats such 'intimidation,' which will open up some less than friendly options when dealing with various NPCs rather than just relying on your silver-tongued approach.

Additional systems are being intergrated, including one which can have some *unusual* effects on gameplay depending on what you pick...

Finally, on the art front, I'd like to introduce the final (for now) Mage of Palam you'll get to meet soon, Mika!

Mika ... A tomboy country girl far more suited to tending fields than being a mage, she isn't the smartest around but she darn tries her best!

That's all the news for now, thank you guys so much as usual for your support as always,
you guys are awesome as always!

-The Damned Studios Team
The Game is really great but i've a few suggestions :-

1-> The Erotic/sexual Images come on screen way before the Sexual act starts in the text & this messes up the tempo , timing & punch of the sexual act , if the Images of the acts can be synced to the text when the act actually starts and not before it , it'll be great.

2-> The faces and art is so so much different in the sexual images/animations to the regular drawings and depictions of the character , so much so that it feels like it's a totally alien characters and honestly ruins the immersion of the game. If this can be fixed it will be great.
The regular art design of the Game is awesome ,but the sexual arts is so different, has no uniformity and most of the times don't match the characters art design at all hope this can be fixed

3-> Lastly , The biggest let down is the lack of Images in Sexual acts , most of the times there are only 1 image in the whole sexual act , which is such a waste. I'm not asking for animations , because honestly a loop animation is far inferior to a good couple of image panels.
So i hope you guys can add atleast 3-5 Images per sexual acts ?

I don't want to come out as demanding, these are just my observations and i would like this game to improve & succeed as I really like this game. Hopefully these reach out to you.
Also, just another nitpick , I think adding tension in dialouges and writing can really take the immersion and realism of the game to next level instead of directly jumping the gun to sexual acts , biggest example being the Aunt/Care taker , I hope sexual acts with her are more emotional and build on the emotional & sexual tension between them instead of directly going the horny route of "I like big dick, let's fuk".

Thank you

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I am extrememly pleased to annouce the Steam cinematic trailers have been released!

Parasite Black is now available for adding to your steam wishlists! Please do so following the link here!

Check the trailers out below!

Part one...

Part two...

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes