Complete Parasite Day -LABORATORY- [Brown Tabby]

Jul 28, 2022
Thanks for your patience, y'all. (I was done with the game before the weekend, but wanted to respect a religious holiday and also give the dev a little extra time to make some money (I'm posting on the 2 month anniversary of the game's initial release). Also would be a little weird to post directly on 4/1 (Aprils Fools), haha.

Anyway, here's the translation for this game. Check my sig for the game, or on ULMF here:

Please read the game notes before asking anything. Thanks and enjoy.
Hey man! Thanks for the translation, loved your previous work with Silent Pill. This one has somewhat similar vibes :BootyTime:. Anyways, in the notes you mentioned that H-status and synthesis menu is translated but it's still in Japanese for me? I'm at the very start and didn't continue incase it was a bug.

Reactions: Emerald_Gladiator

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Hey man! Thanks for the translation, loved your previous work with Silent Pill. This one has somewhat similar vibes :BootyTime:. Anyways, in the notes you mentioned that H-status and synthesis menu is translated but it's still in Japanese for me? I'm at the very start and didn't continue incase it was a bug.
Ah, my bad. Looks like I didn't subsume correctly in my patch folder. I'll fix my patch tomorrow, but if you want to fix it yourself, it's really easy.

In the folder "js" (aka the plugin folder)
The "Plugins" file in my patch should be replacing "plugins" OUTSIDE of the folder.
The file that is currently outside the folder (RTK1_composite) should actually be in the plugins folder.

Basically, I just switched them around. Whoops.

EDIT: Patch is fixed.

Reactions: HiddenDarkness

Spamdumpster

Dec 5, 2019
Yea. I'm with Govorun on this one...

I've explored the buildings as much as I can, and stumbled into the dev's room as well. However, that seems to be the extent of the content? There's other areas you can SEE, but not access.

Additionally, once you leave the dev's room, you get put into a tunnel whose return path is blocked by a skeleton. So, your only choice is going forward.....to nowhere that lets you go further.

I'm a little stumped here too.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Yea. I'm with Govorun on this one...

I've explored the buildings as much as I can, and stumbled into the dev's room as well. However, that seems to be the extent of the content? There's other areas you can SEE, but not access.

Additionally, once you leave the dev's room, you get put into a tunnel whose return path is blocked by a skeleton. So, your only choice is going forward.....to nowhere that lets you go further.

I'm a little stumped here too.
Both of you should probably go to the actual game thread instead of being on the translation thread (which I'll stop checking soon). Your questions, at least the second one, were already answered there.

Firstly, to reply to your first inquiry, I don't know what you're talking about in regards to what areas you can see and what you can't access. The dev room has two rooms, providing you access to the test area, which is a one-way trip and not meant to be part of the actual game. Other than that, the game is meant to be at least somewhat convoluted or confusing, given a main feature of the game is exploration. It's not for everyone if you don't like to solve puzzles through searching.

Secondly, if the skeleton is blocking your path, it's my way of giving players an IQ test. You have a jump mechanic accessible and available to you.

Govorun, that's such a nebulous question that I can't answer that for you. That's like going into a Skyrim forum and asking "What do I do in this game? I only found Whiterun." If you're stuck, specify where you're stuck and how much progression you've achieved in the game (e.g. items, plot points, etc).

Spamdumpster

Dec 5, 2019
Oh crap. This is a translation thread, isn't it? I never saw it. I saw the post about it, and wrongly assumed it was the normal thread. I win the dimwit award today, don't I?

Really though, I understand the idea of 'it's meant to be confusing a bit. Explore!"

The problem is that after you've 'felt the draft' in the basement area and end up in the sewers through the hidden-ish stairs, it seems that there is where things..stop. The only thing I have found (and I assume Govorun too) is the one location with the hidden entrance to the dev room (the sink) right next to the sewer-pipe. Once you EXIT the dev room, you're on the OTHER side of hte skeleton, and no matter what I did, I couldn't seem to get back across the skeleton to explore the rest. A reload had to be done to get out of the blocked area.

Edit: I also don't see this "Jump" abiltiy you're speaking of. There's abilities while in COMBAT that seem to involve jumping (a high kick, or the roundhouse or foot knife kicks for example) but they don't do anything if you're NOT in combat.

fatalforce68

Sep 17, 2018
The problem is that after you've 'felt the draft' in the basement area and end up in the sewers through the hidden-ish stairs, it seems that there is where things..stop. The only thing I have found (and I assume Govorun too) is the one location with the hidden entrance to the dev room (the sink) right next to the sewer-pipe. Once you EXIT the dev room, you're on the OTHER side of hte skeleton, and no matter what I did, I couldn't seem to get back across the skeleton to explore the rest. A reload had to be done to get out of the blocked area.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Oh crap. This is a translation thread, isn't it? I never saw it. I saw the post about it, and wrongly assumed it was the normal thread. I win the dimwit award today, don't I?

Really though, I understand the idea of 'it's meant to be confusing a bit. Explore!"

Edit: I also don't see this "Jump" abiltiy you're speaking of. There's abilities while in COMBAT that seem to involve jumping (a high kick, or the roundhouse or foot knife kicks for example) but they don't do anything if you're NOT in combat.
Yup, go to the game thread since I've been trying to answer questions there.
You're having trouble because 1.) you don't have the mapping radar to see these hidden passages (as the poster above me is demonstrating) and 2.) you don't seem to have the jumping boots. Those are found in the Museum 3rd floor, past a locked gate (IIRC you should get the key from defeating the game's first boss). They allow you to jump outside of battle via the C key. And if you DO have them ... well, I'll give you a Darwin award for being stuck, since the bottom right of your screen should show an outline of your abilities and is permanently fixed to your screen.

I also don't know why you're stuck in the dev room, since I included the jump boots as part of the cheats in the dev room (just checked to confirm). You should be able to jump over the skeleton.