Mod Ren'Py Parental Love - Lain's Walkthrough & Scene Gallery Mod [v0.99] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I asked Luxee and he said it was fine for me to add Android version downloads for 0.14
So Android download links are now updated to 0.14

OGKarma96 Dnindustry your

anyone has a problem with patch. when i copy game folder, saves will not load and give error. can start a new game
You need to start a new game to use the walkthrough part of the mod for this game.

Apr 27, 2017
Getting this error message on latest version as soon as I open the .exe - doesn't show the main menu:(

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 11, in script
    style default:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 13, in <module>
    language gui.language
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'language'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 11, in script
    style default:
  File "Z:\Users\gkurl\Downloads\ParentalLove-version0.14-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2428, in execute
    self.apply()
  File "Z:\Users\gkurl\Downloads\ParentalLove-version0.14-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2411, in apply
    value = renpy.python.py_eval(expr)
  File "Z:\Users\gkurl\Downloads\ParentalLove-version0.14-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "Z:\Users\gkurl\Downloads\ParentalLove-version0.14-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 13, in <module>
    language gui.language
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'language'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.0.882

Fri Oct 04 23:45:09 2019

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Getting this error message on latest version as soon as I open the .exe - doesn't show the main menu:(
Are you sure this is a problem with the mod? The mod doesn't change anything related to the language settings. Try playing without the mod and see if there's a difference.

Apr 27, 2017
Are you sure this is a problem with the mod? The mod doesn't change anything related to the language settings. Try playing without the mod and see if there's a difference.
All indications so far seem to point towards the mod, I played it un-modded via the normal download in the OP as is, and it loads fine. I've got a mac too and tested the mac version + mod and mac version without mod and the same results. Works without mod, gives that error with mod.

Apr 27, 2017
Also that screens.rpy file seems to only come with the mod. I compared the original zip and couldn't find a screens.rpy file anywhere although I did find a screens.rpyb in the 'cache' folder. Guessing this is the compiled down version which also contains the bytecode trigger along with it but not too sure if the two are related.

Last edited:

Dnindustry

Jul 17, 2019
I asked Luxee and he said it was fine for me to add Android version downloads for 0.14
So Android download links are now updated to 0.14

OGKarma96 Dnindustry your

You need to start a new game to use the walkthrough part of the mod for this game.
Player Lain....has stepped beyond the gods
Ultra Instinct Mastered
(I have 0 artistic ability. It's more so you spent time on me...I spent time on you lol) thank you! 20191015_043414.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Maid Lain

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
I got this error

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'E:\\Work\\Parental Love\\ParentalLove-version0.14-pc/game/barscene1.rpy', 1569972756, 0) is defined twice, at game/game/barscene1.rpyc:3 and game/game/game/barscene1.rpyc:3.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I got this error

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'E:\\Work\\Parental Love\\ParentalLove-version0.14-pc/game/barscene1.rpy', 1569972756, 0) is defined twice, at game/game/barscene1.rpyc:3 and game/game/game/barscene1.rpyc:3.
Why have you got a game folder inside another game folder inside another game folder? There should only be one game folder! It looks like you've been doing a lot of merging. :unsure: Delete your PL folder and start again. (y)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote