OranosDev

Discerning Coomer
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2021
cant pay off lolas dads debt because the guy is already gone
When you kill Marquis you discover Lola's dad's debt in his desk if you haven't already gone down that road, enabling you to still finish the lola content.

Fred the Red

Mar 9, 2017
So it turns out I liked this game more than I thought I would.

As a random aside: Is there such a thing as an HTML editor that would allow me to edit the script (for example dialog, and, er, character descriptions......) of the game without worrying about potentially interfering with the actual game code if I wanted to do a "find-replace all" thing? Like, if I wanted to change the 'college' to a 'high school' or 'prep academy', could I do the change-all thing and not worry about accidentally renaming asset files? (Change a menu option like "Go to your office at college" but ignore "office-college.jpeg") I'm sure this question is more appropriate for a different thread, but I'm a novice at this sort of thing so I don't know what I don't know.
I'm glad you like the game. It's a html file so you could open it in a text editor like notepad++ and search replace whatever you want. Some names are used for flags though, so if you search replace something that is used in a flag you could break the game. Anything that's labeled with a $ before it should not be changed.
You can search for college then go through all the instances of it just to make sure none of the entries is a flag. In that case you could safely change all that aren't labeled as such.
Also when you see [[xxx|yyy]] that's a link to another scene. The first part "xxx" is safe to change, but not the "yyy" part.
I habitually mess around in HTML games I play (usually to remove grinds) but tend not to talk about it because not every Dev likes it but as Oranos seems to be cool with it:

You can just edit the HTML with Notepad++ or whatever is your editor of choice and search-replace terms at your leisure but character and place names are used in the folder, file and passage names so if you just do the search-replace it will produce errors. What you can do is, i.e. search-replace all instances of 'college' with 'university' and then search-replace all instances of '/university' with '/college' and '|university' with '|college' to point the code back to the folders/images. Do it with case-sensitive on for College/University and college/university to be on the safe side. Same with names, but note that the new place or people names you use must be unique.
Similarly, if you want to age up all 18-year-olds to 21 you can't simply replace all instances of 18 with 21 or it'll break everything, and because there are many ways to express someone's age (18 years old, are 18, older than 18, 18th birthday, 18-year-old etc.) you have to search-replace all those phrases. At least those are only used in text so you don't have to do the reverse search-replace. Be careful with replacing any instances of 'is 18' because that's used to compare variables in the code.

Speaking of, there's various spellings of 'x-year old', 'x year-old' and 'x-year-old' in the game, would be nice to settle on one for consistency imo. I think x-year-old is grammatically correct but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021
You can just edit the HTML with Notepad++ or whatever is your editor of choice and search-replace terms at your leisure but character and place names are used in the folder, file and passage names so if you just do the search-replace it will produce errors. (...)
Right. In general, replacing plain text is safe, but replacing variable names (starting with a $dollar or _underscore) is risky. Replacing path names, passage names, or macro parameters inside <<foobar ...>> or &lt;&lt;foobar ...&gt;&gt; is also risky.

Note that for most HTML games using the Twine engine, another option is to go to then click on the big button "Use in your browser" and load the HTML file into the Twine editor: after reading or skipping the intro, click on the "Library" menu, then "Import" and "Choose file". Some very large Twine games may exceed some memory limits in Chrome or Edge. This can be solved by switching to Firefox or downloading the desktop app for the Twine editor.

Speaking of, there's various spellings of 'x-year old', 'x year-old' and 'x-year-old' in the game, would be nice to settle on one for consistency imo. I think x-year-old is grammatically correct but don't quote me on that.
It depends on the context:
  • If it is a phrase such as "She is 20 years old" then you should use spaces and the plural for "years" (unless this is about a single year).
  • But if it is a compound adjective such as "She is a 20-year-old woman" or a noun phrase such as "She is a 20-year-old" then you should use hyphens and the singular for "year".
The spellings with mixed separators such as "x-year old" or "x year-old" are always wrong and should be corrected.

Reactions: Brovalon

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
Why does the 'fan patch' tell me it is incomplete when I unzip it? Got the same alert from both the Mega and GoFile downloads.

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
OranosDev
1. I unlocked the Breeding program for $30K, but I can't talk to Carmichael at the college because she's at the hospital. Is there another way to find Monique or another way to talk to Carmichael?

Edit: Nevermind, I have to proceed with the main story. Go to Erebus, roofie the bartender, Go to St James Dr and talk to Phoebe. Carmichael recovers afterwards

2. The game says to take Gabrielle on a date. When I do, I get this message: "((You need a truly devoted woman in your harem to show Gabrielle: a wife or a slave hopelessly in love with you. If you're unsure of who this could be, read Gabrielle's Walkthrough in the sidebar...))". Gabrielle's Walkthrough doesn't mention who this is. If it's Amber, she's currently pregnant in the East Wing
Additionally, if I visit Gabrielle's apartment it says to text her. If I try to text her, it says to take her on a date.

Last edited:

OranosDev

Discerning Coomer
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2021
OranosDev
1. I unlocked the Breeding program for $30K, but I can't talk to Carmichael at the college because she's at the hospital. Is there another way to find Monique or another way to talk to Carmichael?

Edit: Nevermind, I have to proceed with the main story. Go to Erebus, roofie the bartender, Go to St James Dr and talk to Phoebe. Carmichael recovers afterwards

2. The game says to take Gabrielle on a date. When I do, I get this message: "((You need a truly devoted woman in your harem to show Gabrielle: a wife or a slave hopelessly in love with you. If you're unsure of who this could be, read Gabrielle's Walkthrough in the sidebar...))". Gabrielle's Walkthrough doesn't mention who this is. If it's Amber, she's currently pregnant in the East Wing
Additionally, if I visit her apartment it says to text her. If I try to text, it says to take her on a date.
Thanks for catching that, must have missed adding that to her walkthrough.
You need to have completed Haley or Angelica.

CryoFowk

Apr 7, 2020
Send me your save and I'll have a look.
Are you using mod?
How do I download saves? It doesn't have a download button for me, and it just comes out as a bit line of text. Trying to download on my phone but can't figure it out on that or my computer.

OranosDev

Discerning Coomer
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2021
How do I download saves? It doesn't have a download button for me, and it just comes out as a bit line of text. Trying to download on my phone but can't figure it out on that or my computer.
Not sure how to do it on phone. On pc you can save to disk.
Also did you use the mod? If so go ask in the mod thread

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Thanks for the editing tips. I like to change things to make the game more personal and unique to me (such as use names of women I know irl, use my actual school name, or hometown etc.) I also get a juvenile kick out of nonsense that makes me laugh, like calling an in-game watering hole Big Dave's Skank-O-Rama. It's stupid on an almost uncomfortable level, but it makes me happy.

I started dicking around with the HTML a good way into the game and I don't think I broke anything. lol

Fred the Red

Mar 9, 2017
Something that occurred to me while educating Kimberly: A misogynist wouldn't call his misogyny misogynistic (don't think too long about how I know that). What I mean is, if the player character genuinely believes that it is right and proper for women to be sex slaves, and I think he has to believe that to do what he does, he wouldn't think of the 18th century views as misogynistic. He'd probably think of them more as pragmatic, realistic, or hell even more enlightened than the pretense of equality because they had a greater undertanding/appreciation of women's role. I don't think he'd think of the essay he makes Kimberly read to him as *misogynistic* drivel either. In the same vein, 'Instill misogyny' as a step in her training could be renamed to 'Address delusions of equality' or something like that.
Also, this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine but the word Corruption has clear negative connotations so I don't think anyone 'corrupting' girls would call it that, including Crowle's corruption scheme. I don't have a pithy way to put it into one word but if they believe that girls *should* have nothing but sex on the brain and getting them to that state is actually a good thing, then they'd probably rather say they're disinhibiting or liberating girls, maybe even helping them or bringing them more in touch with their true nature. If anything, they might view it as an unjust imposition on women to expect them to be anything but mindless sluts.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnwrappedGodiva

OranosDev

Discerning Coomer
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2021
Something that occurred to me while educating Kimberly: A misogynist wouldn't call his misogyny misogynistic (don't think too long about how I know that). What I mean is, if the player character genuinely believes that it is right and proper for women to be sex slaves, and I think he has to believe that to do what he does, he wouldn't think of the 18th century views as misogynistic. He'd probably think of them more as pragmatic, realistic, or hell even more enlightened than the pretense of equality because they had a greater undertanding/appreciation of women's role. I don't think he'd think of the essay he makes Kimberly read to him as *misogynistic* drivel either. In the same vein, 'Instill misogyny' as a step in her training could be renamed to 'Address delusions of equality' or something like that.
Also, this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine but the word Corruption has clear negative connotations so I don't think anyone 'corrupting' girls would call it that, including Crowle's corruption scheme. I don't have a pithy way to put it into one word but if they believe that girls *should* have nothing but sex on the brain and getting them to that state is actually a good thing, then they'd probably rather say they're disinhibiting or liberating girls, maybe even helping them or bringing them more in touch with their true nature. If anything, they might view it as an unjust imposition on women to expect them to be anything but mindless sluts.
I think this is well reasoned, and I agree that an actual misogynist would not identify their own beliefs in a way that sounds overtly negative - in the same way that a good vilain doesn't consider their actions to be evil, though they obviously are from the standpoint of a person with sensible ethics.
I think my mistake here is writing too much from the perspective of the player/reader, and not actually the main character, thus creating this kind of distance that you're pointing out. I don't think the people who enjoy this game or me myself who felt inspired to create it, are actually misogynists or believe that the actions of the main character are good/virtuous. Rather the player finds the fantasy and illusion of misogyny to be hot, not the thing itself. It's kink, so it is enticing because the player itself find the idea of it descipicable in their actual lives. The player goes into the role of the main character who is an actual misogynist which allows them to engage with that fantasy. I am not sure if the fantasy would be more engaging with that fantasy if the meta-commentary voice saying actions are misogynistic was removed - I will have to ruminate on it more.
That is my reasoning, hopefully that makes sense to you.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I think this is well reasoned, and I agree that an actual misogynist would not identify their own beliefs in a way that sounds overtly negative - in the same way that a good vilain doesn't consider their actions to be evil, though they obviously are from the standpoint of a person with sensible ethics.
I think my mistake here is writing too much from the perspective of the player/reader, and not actually the main character, thus creating this kind of distance that you're pointing out. I don't think the people who enjoy this game or me myself who felt inspired to create it, are actually misogynists or believe that the actions of the main character are good/virtuous. Rather the player finds the fantasy and illusion of misogyny to be hot, not the thing itself. It's kink, so it is enticing because the player itself find the idea of it descipicable in their actual lives. The player goes into the role of the main character who is an actual misogynist which allows them to engage with that fantasy. I am not sure if the fantasy would be more engaging with that fantasy if the meta-commentary voice saying actions are misogynistic was removed - I will have to ruminate on it more.
That is my reasoning, hopefully that makes sense to you.

I actually rather liked that bit. The MC is a selfish prick who wants to stick his selfish prick in everyone, but he doesn't (per the current writing) believe that women are inherently inferior to men: He just wants everyone to be inferior to him in particular.

He doesn't believe that what he's doing is just and right out of some deranged misogynistic world-view; he's aware that his behaviour is immoral, but does it anyway. That's much easier for me to buy into as a player than having an MC who is convinced of the justice of his actions.

(Unlike e.g. Crowle, who is clearly on some sort of ideological crusade, and a nutter who bears watching. The MC is just reaping the benefits.)

Last edited:

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Is there a way in the game to see exactly where you sit in terms of what you've accomplished? Like a progress bar or something. I burn through stuff so fast sometimes that I honestly lose my place in the story.

ladrason

Feb 16, 2018
I think that Jaqueline might be breaking the game.
After I was going through her story I get to the "wip jaqueline limit is 19" point and if I sleep or visit her afterwards I get a blank unskippable screen.

lan1967

Dec 15, 2017
I think that Jaqueline might be breaking the game.
After I was going through her story I get to the "wip jaqueline limit is 19" point and if I sleep or visit her afterwards I get a blank unskippable screen.
I was told that it's ok. Work in progress.

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes