FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Well with the new update my imp outies when I enter the Giants Camp. Never did that before. Was gonna use Hilde to make her jealous. That's gone out the window now lol. Mabey too many big folk? Shes fine with Frida.
Mabey. But wouldn't Frida do the same for her home?
Well she also wont go near the ogres. So could be a case of she fears all those big superstitious people or mabey the presence of the totem? Mabey she senses another deity.
she hides whenever her presence would cause trouble for the MC, and while Frida seems to be fine with her first form, the evolved form hides from Frida, maybe because Frida would get jealous. as of Maghda, we know she hates small girls so she would probably attack the imp.

Reactions: DomWolf

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
So after speaking with Edgar about Familiar's costume I go to smithy & make the medallion. But it doesn't appear in my inventory & Edgar wont let me ask for it. Have I done something wrong? Or is it a bug?

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
Download link is out for patreon, the changelog of 2.41 mentioned "minor fixes and improvements", that probably prefer to the missing images.

Hopefully the freeze animations is among those minor fixes lol.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Download link is out for patreon, the changelog of 2.41 mentioned "minor fixes and improvements", that probably prefer to the missing images.

Hopefully the freeze animations is among those minor fixes lol.
Tbh it seems the animations are more to do with other people computers/hardware. Not the game itself...

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
Tbh it seems the animations are more to do with other people computers/hardware. Not the game itself...
Yes a lot of them, there're others with the same issue as me when it comes to animations. Are we doomed not to be able to see the animations until Peasant Quest 2 just cuz we don't have the exact same computer as the dev?

And this freezing problem only happened after 2.32+, any version before that was fine.

pcnop

Jun 26, 2018
So after speaking with Edgar about Familiar's costume I go to smithy & make the medallion. But it doesn't appear in my inventory & Edgar wont let me ask for it. Have I done something wrong? Or is it a bug?
Talk to Edgar again with 200 gp and the medallion (menu choice about costume), and he should then give you the costume for your familiar.

CptRexx

Jun 17, 2018
Yes a lot of them, there're others with the same issue as me when it comes to animations. Are we doomed not to be able to see the animations until Peasant Quest 2 just cuz we don't have the exact same computer as the dev?

And this freezing problem only happened after 2.32+, any version before that was fine.
And for some it was happening before 2.32. After that I've never had problems with animations.

pcnop

Jun 26, 2018

The main problem is the developer uses an old version of nw.js in his game (i.e. an old version of RPG Maker MV).

I don't why exactly (well, as far as I've seen it uses less CPU resources, light effects are sometimes smoother, ...), but it's really a problem.

The solution I'm using as a workaround (at least if your computer is not a very, very old one) is to use an updated version of nw.js.

Steps:
- download the current normal version of nw.js (i.e. a zip archive) :
- extract the files from it
- copy the "package.json" file of the game Peasant's Quest into your new main directory for nw.js (the one with the "nw.exe" file), and also the "www" subdirectory of the game (with all its files and subdirectories) into the same place
- start nw.exe.

Results:

capture.jpg

** Edit **
Of course, it won't work if the Peasant's Quest game is compacted with the Enigma Virtual Box tool: you must extract all the files from it first.

Last edited:

anonym0u5

Jun 21, 2020
The main problem is the developer uses an old version of nw.js in his game (i.e. an old version of RPG Maker MV).

I don't why exactly (well, as far as I've seen it uses less CPU resources, light effects are sometimes smoother, ...), but it's really a problem.

The solution I'm using as a workaround (at least if your computer is not a very, very old one) is to use an updated version of nw.js.

Steps:
- download the current normal version of nw.js (i.e. a zip archive) :
- extract the files from it
- copy the "package.json" file of the game Peasant's Quest into your new main directory for nw.js (the one with the "nw.exe" file), and also the "www" subdirectory of the game (with all its files and subdirectories) into the same place
- start nw.exe.

Results:

View attachment 1285455

** Edit **
Of course, it won't work if the Peasant's Quest game is compacted with the Enigma Virtaul Box tool: you must extract all the files from it first.
Oh it works, I extracted the nw.js & merged the files with peasant quest's files. The freezing stop, at least for now.

Wait so this whole time it's not the hardware being the issue, but it was the nw.js Tink used being outdated?

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020

Well he is working on it & it's one of his top priorities. Just when he fixes one video another breaks.

pcnop

Jun 26, 2018
Dude I got lik 2000+ gold money isn't the problem lol.
Do you mean that even having crafted the medallion at the forge, Edgar doesn't give you the outfit ?

I'm not quite sure, but do you have also at least a crystallized egg in your inventory ?

Reactions: FunFuntomes

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
pcnop for the headsup about that file, And yes some do have issues and some have dont
tinkerer is trying to fix it for everbody, and as ClaudeXO said some had issues before 2.30+ and none after that

He even did remake some of the animations to check if that was a issue itself. he himself sometimes just reads here to look if things are wrong but mostly me and the other discord admin trying to give him the info he needs about what is broken and what is working for others

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Do you mean that even having crafted the medallion at the forge, Edgar doesn't give you the outfit ?

I'm not quite sure, but do you have also at least a crystallized egg in your inventory ?
Yeah I got like 20+ eggs. 2000+ gold. I crafted the medallion but it's not appearing in my inventory & Edgar wont craft the costume :(

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
So about the latest update, how do I get the familiar to obtain her humanoid form & what's with the new floors in the dark elf's tower?
Raise her to Lvl10 & have sex 3 times. Make sure to leave a map (exit building, enter new zone) to trigger her reaction. After this happens the 3rd time, enter a forested area (Northe Forest, Goblin Forest) & it triggers. Wander a bit if u need to. Then go speak with Erevi.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
So about the latest update, how do I get the familiar to obtain her humanoid form & what's with the new floors in the dark elf's tower?
the new floor is where the imp's babies will stay till they mature enough to find their new master. visiting them with the imp will work the same way as if she had a special pastry.

4.30 star(s) 195 Votes