muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
You need to define "mistakes" properly then, there are a lot of people here who would disagree with your opinion... do you think it would be fair to call ravioli a mistake because a person happens to prefer lasagna? different qualities have different value to different folk. This game might not be for you or you might be doing something wrong... either way defining it simply as a mistake is not an objective statement. I've never found the game too Grindy. Certainly not in comparison to some others I can think off.

Edit: Like DomWolf said, balancing "grind" is something you learn from trial and error via constructive feedback.
I’m tempted to turn your observation on its head: are you sure it’s not just you who have an above-average tolerance for grindiness? I don’t even know what other games you’ve been playing, because Peasant’s Quest definitely is among the grindier games I’ve played on this site (only equalled by Black Garden and the likes thereof), and I believe that this is a real problem. Even if you yourself don’t find it too off-putting, do you think that running ingredients for the potions you need on the daily—a task which will, cumulatively, add up to several hours within a playthrough—makes for compelling gameplay? Do you think that battling hundreds of mobs to level up (in a very boring and horribly unbalanced system, I might add), only to gain +4 max HP, is a satisying rate of progression, and respects the player’s time?

PANGHEEFONE

Sep 19, 2020
If the dwarven girl makes her appearance in the game, what will her story be? I get the feeling that she'll most probably be a blacksmith in Greyport given how dwarfs are said to be able to get along well with humans in many universes

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I’m tempted to turn your observation on its head: are you sure it’s not just you who have an above-average tolerance for grindiness? I don’t even know what other games you’ve been playing, because Peasant’s Quest definitely is among the grindier games I’ve played on this site (only equalled by Black Garden and the likes thereof), and I believe that this is a real problem. Even if you yourself don’t find it too off-putting, do you think that running ingredients for the potions you need on the daily—a task which will, cumulatively, add up to several hours within a playthrough—makes for compelling gameplay? Do you think that battling hundreds of mobs to level up (in a very boring and horribly unbalanced system, I might add), only to gain +4 max HP, is a satisying rate of progression, and respects the player’s time?
That still doesn't change the fact my point was challenging your blanket use of the term "mistake" without any context, the jigsaw enthusiast might have a different opinion to the mariocart enthusiast. you were so skeptical about Tinkerers ability to grow as a creator without giving him any constructive feedback on what you believed to be "mistakes". He might agree with you or he might not, either way it's unfair to prejudge.

Reactions: DomWolf

SongJunlei

Nov 22, 2022
Honestly the grind is so much easier as you gain resources & minions throughout the game. I admit the grind is incredibly hard at the start, but honestly in a future game all he has to do is tone down the grind by a good margin &, if balanced off the bat, he could reach a good mix of grind meets reward earlier in development than with PQ. As his first game hes started off just doing what he could. Tinkerer is more skilled in game & level design than he was when he started this project.
If you make resonable arrangements, As long as reasonable arrangements are made, the situation can be quickly opened up. In the first two weeks, I can upgrade to level 5 and complete 13 tasks. To be honest, my favorite part is the beginning stage of this game. At that part, I happily calculated the expenses (Hp, Mp, Fatigue, food and potions,etc) and benefits(rewards,materials and coins) in every action.

Reactions: TSSG59 and DomWolf

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
If the dwarven girl makes her appearance in the game, what will her story be? I get the feeling that she'll most probably be a blacksmith in Greyport given how dwarfs are said to be able to get along well with humans in many universes
Tinkerer has mentioned he plans to add an Blacksmith/Armory in Greyport & with the intent to add a Dwarf I dont see why you would be wrong.

Now her gimmick I beleive is gonna be Rune Weapons so I kinda wanna see a mini-epic quest where you help her activate some old Dwarven Rune-Forge so she can get her business started. Just wanna point out that massive cave in the Abandoned Farm could easily lead to an abandoned Dearven City-Hold full of nasties if Tinkerer so chooses.

Where ya think all those Dwarf Bandits came from I wonder :unsure:

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
If you make resonable arrangements, As long as reasonable arrangements are made, the situation can be quickly opened up. In the first two weeks, I can upgrade to level 5 and complete 13 tasks.
My tolerance for grinding must be fairly high. Without using any cheats/mods Day 1 is Lvl 3 with Furball, the poacher, and the mill done. Day 2 is Lvl 5 with cloth/helmet/sword, house rented, field rented & planted, Edgar up and running, and Shakala knocked up after two fights. When Victoria comes by to collect the first house rent at the beginning of Day 9 the Chalice and (blank) BoG have been recovered, Rosy re-opened, puppies rescued, spyglass made, and the MC has the Amulet of Endurance, the dog, and Mighty Blow, plus some steps towards other quests.

I do scumsave some things in the first few days (the poacher cuz at Lvl 1 with only a dagger it can kill you and having more HP left after the fight is always good, the snakes because poison, ears/boars in the Goblin Forest). Ears/boars/Shakala in the Forest is a bit tedious, but once past those nothing feels particularly "grindy" to me. YMMV :)

Reactions: gsmiles99

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
Tinkerer has mentioned he plans to add an Blacksmith/Armory in Greyport & with the intent to add a Dwarf I dont see why you would be wrong.

Now her gimmick I beleive is gonna be Rune Weapons so I kinda wanna see a mini-epic quest where you help her activate some old Dwarven Rune-Forge so she can get her business started. Just wanna point out that massive cave in the Abandoned Farm could easily lead to an abandoned Dearven City-Hold full of nasties if Tinkerer so chooses.

Where ya think all those Dwarf Bandits came from I wonder :unsure:
Or use the path going south from the Ruined Tower. The overview map shows the mountains pretty close to it. A dwarven city there would help explain why Greyport is as significant as it is despite a seeming lack of trade with the interior...at least until the dwarven city declined/was overrun/woke Something Which Should Not Have Been Disturbed...

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Or use the path going south from the Ruined Tower. The overview map shows the mountains pretty close to it. A dwarven city there would help explain why Greyport is as significant as it is despite a seeming lack of trade with the interior...at least until the dwarven city declined/was overrun/woke Something Which Should Not Have Been Disturbed...
I dunno I feel like that area would be better used in Vix's update. Also having a Dwarven city THAT close to a human one just feels odd to me. The cave entrance is in a mountain side & perhaps it was created artificially by dwarves trying to escape from decline/being overrun/what they woke.

I dunno just my thoughts.

Reactions: Damagus01

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019
"Tinkerers Update News"
1704307157531.png

Hello, and a happy new year to you all!
I am glad to report that I have recovered from my bout with the flu. I also regained sovereignty of my office towards the end of the holiday, so work has continued on the next chapter/update for PQ. I had to cut the previous giant update a bit short to avoid it dragging out. The plan now is to complete part two of the update. It will add a bit more content for Frida and Hilde, but mostly feature Birgitte.
I may also start working on Beth. My intention is to update her character a bit and redo her existing scenes. But there is no way I can redo all her existing content and do part 2 of the giant update the same time, so I'm not yet sure if I should swap out imagery piecemeal, or just save them up for a later update. Will have to give it some thought, and see how far I get.
Anyway, I'll try to keep you informed on a semi-weekly basis.

Tinkerer

Last post was about a Poll for the $$ tier
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TSSG59

Jun 7, 2021
"Tinkerers Update News"

I am glad to report that I have recovered from my bout with the flu. I also regained sovereignty of my office towards the end of the holiday, so work has continued on the next chapter/update for PQ. I had to cut the previous giant update a bit short to avoid it dragging out. The plan now is to complete part two of the update. It will add a bit more content for Frida and Hilde, but mostly feature Birgitte.
I may also start working on Beth. My intention is to update her character a bit and redo her existing scenes. But there is no way I can redo all her existing content and do part 2 of the giant update the same time, so I'm not yet sure if I should swap out imagery piecemeal, or just save them up for a later update. Will have to give it some thought, and see how far I get.

Tinkerer​

"Apply suntan oil to your body?", "of course my dear, anything for a lady, I'll be sure not to miss a single part".:devilish:

PANGHEEFONE

Sep 19, 2020
"Tinkerers Update News"

Tinkerer​

Birgitte's suntanning in a bikini?

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
"Tinkerers Update News"

Tinkerer​

What a great way to start the year. Cant wait for new updates to see how this one progresses.

Also we got a look at the Poll :)

"Apply suntan oil to your body?", "of course my dear, anything for a lady, I'll be sure not to miss a single part".:devilish:
Birgitte's suntanning in a bikini?
Yeah I was a bit surprised that Giants have access to sunblock. But I guess it's probably the same stuff they used when dealing with snow burn? She looking fine tho.

Reactions: TSSG59

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
Yeah I was a bit surprised that Giants have access to sunblock. But I guess it's probably the same stuff they used when dealing with snow burn? She looking fine tho.
Your comment reminded me that one of the small things I appreciate about his images is that many of the girls aren't flawless like you see in so many other games. Birgitte has a couple of small blemishes and her Thot Level is still over 9000. Shakala has a few very small, non-hairy moles. And so on.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Your comment reminded me that one of the small things I appreciate about his images is that many of the girls aren't flawless like you see in so many other games. Birgitte has a couple of small blemishes and her Thot Level is still over 9000. Shakala has a few very small, non-hairy moles. And so on.
Agreed it's so easy to make the girls all look immaculate & perfect but honestly the imperfections make them all feel real & adds to their beauty I think.

Dunno why but I love that Julia has a pimple on her butt cheek. It's not even a turn on I just like that it's there lol.

Last edited:

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I hope he dosent plan to give Beth a complete makeover because I (speaking for myself) really like her look. I'm more an 'ass man' myself, tits are nice but I dont like massive ones (the women in this who are well endowed are still nicely proportioned tho so I like it) but Beth was one of my early faves because she was a itty bitty, fine ass girl.

Not a huge fan of the horse stuff but I'm also not one of those who's like get rid. Rather I'd like an optional/side quest where MC can get a device that "milks" Samson so he can still get the Horse Seed, but Beth stops doing stuff with the horse.

Also I would love later quests to start utilising the Spyglass so MC has more of a reason to do "A Spyglass" otherwise it's an easy to ignore quest & has 1 purpose that a good chunk of the fanbase ignores. Mabey when raiding Goblins or attacking an Orc tribe it can be used to spot weaknesses in their defences? or even show secrets around the maps that MC wouldnt see without it? Could be used to learn new things & scout enemy camps?

Last edited:

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
I hope he dosent plan to give Beth a complete makeover because I (speaking for myself) really like her look. I'm more an 'ass man' myself, tits are nice but I dont like massive ones (the women in this who are well endowed are still nicely proportioned tho so I like it) but Beth was one of my early faves because she was a itty bitty, fine ass girl.

Not a huge fan of the horse stuff but I'm also not one of those who's like get rid. Rather I'd like an optional/side quest where MC can get a device that "milks" Samson so he can still get the Horse Seed, but Beth stops doing stuff with the horse.

Also I would love later quests to start utilising the Spyglass so MC has more of a reason to do "A Spyglass" otherwise it's an easy to ignore quest & has 1 purpose that a good chunk of the fanbase ignores. Mabey when raiding Goblins or attacking an Orc tribe it can be used to spot weaknesses in their defences? or even show secrets around the maps that MC wouldnt see without it? Could be used to learn new things & scout enemy camps?

Gwynneth's redo wasn't terribly different from before, I suspect Beth's won't be either.
Yeah, I'd like additional uses for the spyglass as well. And the RoD for that matter.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Gwynneth's redo wasn't terribly different from before, I suspect Beth's won't be either.
Yeah, I'd like additional uses for the spyglass as well. And the RoD for that matter.
I hope you're weight. I may be wrong but I'm sure I read he wasnt happy with her look & that she looks too similiar to Julia. But yeah I hope she dosent get changed too drastically.

The Spyglass is used for 1 thing & I feel it's a side quest item that could be made part of the story to make it more worth the players time in getting it. Could be used in open camp or valley areas where MC scouts the area. Would love to see that & as i mentioned, secrets he can find with the Spyglass (some could even be a joKe like MC looks & sees a pair of pixies going at it or a dude taking a piss).

The RoD, being a Main Quest item, should also be used more. Mabey MC can use it with other girls or even use it to create an ally for puzzles or short term companion (with the knowladge he should have some HP potions& bandages at the ready).

4.20 star(s) 202 Votes