VN Ren'Py Penlight [v0.1614.1] [Angela DeMille]

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes

Aila

Jul 10, 2018
I was thinking...
Is it possible that this game was ("perhaps" unintentionally) created as feminist propaganda?
That would explain why it's so bad.
Прошу вас посмотреть японское аниме "Хоримия"(в частности 9 серию!),но лучше всего полностью! Очень интересно узнать ваше мнение.
I ask you to watch the Japanese anime "Horimiya" (in particular episode 9!), But best of all in full! It's very interesting to know your opinion.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I ask you to watch the Japanese anime "Horimiya" (in particular episode 9!), But best of all in full! It's very interesting to know your opinion.
Unfortunately, some time ago I stopped watching romantic comedies.
I think the last pure romantic comedy I saw was Nisekoi and it was sooooooooooooooooo borig!
(I really don't understand why is this anime so popular...)
The only exceptions are romantic comedies with a really interesting setting.
For example, Seto no Hanayome was great!

Anyway, to get back to the topic...

I'm having trouble figuring out who this game is for.

It's not for fans of adult games, because the amount of nudity and sex is negligible.
It's not for fans of mind control fetish, because I'm one of them and I've never seen a worse implementation.
It's not for fans of romance, because there is practically zero chemistry between the characters and main "hero" is more interested in his pen than the girls.

So, can anyone tell me who should be the target group for this game?

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
I think the last pure romantic comedy I saw was Nisekoi and it was sooooooooooooooooo borig!

It's not for fans of adult games, because the amount of nudity and sex is negligible.
It's not for fans of mind control fetish, because I'm one of them and I've never seen a worse implementation.
It's not for fans of romance, because there is practically zero chemistry between the characters and main "hero" is more interested in his pen than the girls.

More of a personal art/thought exercise or experiment on the part of the dev perhaps? :unsure:

Reactions: Edvin

Asdasdas5

Feb 4, 2018
I was thinking...
Is it possible that this game was ("perhaps" unintentionally) created as feminist propaganda?
That would explain why it's so bad.

The main hero is below-average male representative by no means an interesting and by no means exceptional man who doesn't know what he wants. Virtually the whole game is about his efforts to control women and he is never successful, and it always brings him only misfortune, depression, and broken relationships.

I can almost hear:
"Men are just chauvinistic pigs trying to control women, but they will never succeed because women are strong and men are weak!"

Although she is not good at constructing a story for visual novels or adult games, author of this game could make a very good career at Disney in the Star Wars section! :LOL:
This game is kind of confusing. Apparently the main goal is to state that non-consensual stuff in real life is actually a bad thing, as if people don't really know that already, is almost as if the game is telling you if you play and like this kind of visual novel you are a rapist in denial or something...

Now I'll be honest I don't think what I said is actually the case, if I were to guess I would say the author just wanted to make a different game about this topic. I do think they failed because this game really does feel kinda insulting some times. It tries to be sensual about some topics and and horrify others and tries to be realistic sometimes but you also see some really wacky stuff like the protagonist, he really doesn't make much sense as a person. It also tries to bring some genuinely interesting questions about mind control but even then it does feel a bit forced, as if the protagonist was just made to do this stuff because just for the story to go that way.

Moral of the story: Don't be evil guys, evil is bad.

Reactions: ShamanLab

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
This game is kind of confusing. Apparently the main goal is to state that non-consensual stuff in real life is actually a bad thing, as if people don't really know that already, is almost as if the game is telling you if you play and like this kind of visual novel you are a rapist in denial or something...

Now I'll be honest I don't think what I said is actually the case, if I were to guess I would say the author just wanted to make a different game about this topic. I do think they failed because this game really does feel kinda insulting some times. It tries to be sensual about some topics and and horrify others and tries to be realistic sometimes but you also see some really wacky stuff like the protagonist, he really doesn't make much sense as a person. It also tries to bring some genuinely interesting questions about mind control but even then it does feel a bit forced, as if the protagonist was just made to do this stuff because just for the story to go that way.

Moral of the story: Don't be evil guys, evil is bad.
Because they fucking don't.
Related joke:
Rape statistics: Am I a joke to you?

Asdasdas5

Feb 4, 2018
Because they fucking don't.
Related joke:
Rape statistics: Am I a joke to you?
I didn't say rape is not a thing in real life lol, even though mind control rape isn't.
Now about that point, if you are talking about the small amount of people that have no morals and would rape in real life as opposed to a fantasy game/scenario then those people wouldn't really be influencied by a randown game on the internet.
My inicial point was that the game revolving around the premise of non-consensual stuff being bad and trying to punish the player whenever they choose an evil choice in order to "teach a lesson or something" makes this game fail for me, there is a bunch of games out there that let you choose to be good or evil and they try to make both options interesting.

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
I didn't say rape is not a thing in real life lol, even though mind control rape isn't.
Now about that point, if you are talking about the small amount of people that have no morals and would rape in real life as opposed to a fantasy game/scenario then those people wouldn't really be influencied by a randown game on the internet.
My inicial point was that the game revolving around the premise of non-consensual stuff being bad and trying to punish the player whenever they choose an evil choice in order to "teach a lesson or something" makes this game fail for me, there is a bunch of games out there that let you choose to be good or evil and they try to make both options interesting.
Oh, than I just missed the point of your post.

andrew123123

Aug 12, 2018
this vn feels like an oasis where i can enjoy the story without straight-up sex scene.

not gonna lie i want to see tho

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019

The public release is for the july 10. Don't know how to upload it.

Nov 6, 2018

Actually I like how the hypnosis was implemented, having hypnotized someone myself once, it's slightly realistic. However I was turned off and quit when the MC clearly does suspicious things like control Nozomi's time and by everyone telling me there is nothing but a bad end. So the audience is guilty hypno fetishists I guess?

neonbass

Jun 26, 2017

Public Release 0.1552.3: Zombie & Devotion Route Updates
Penlight public release day is upon us yet again!
This past month saw a little further development of the Villainous Devotion path, with several scenes being rewritten (one of them majorly) to go along with some fun new CGs added to it. But most importantly I managed to fully outline a path through the new-look "Zombie" storyline from beginning to end~ As ever, I'm interested to see what people make of it all.
Another fun thing to note: As of this release, the number of unlockable CGs in the game has surpassed 100! Where will it end?!
Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the update! And there'll be more to come at the usual time~
Download

What's New
  • WRITING: Zombie storyline outlined through to a conclusion along one path, and scripted through to about a third of day 11
  • WRITING: A scene on the Villainous Devotion storyline, using the new CG assets, has been majorly rewritten
  • ART: New CGs for the Villainous Devotion (x3), Sayori Alter and Zombie (x2) storylines
  • ART: Number of CGs is now over 100!
  • ART: A small image depicting the "mind trick" now appears when it's used
  • MUSIC: Added one new music piece to the soundtrack, which plays during the Zombie storyline
  • LOCALIZATION: Various edits and corrections to the existing Spanish script
  • Word count is now around 293,000
  • Minor typo corrections

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019

Latest update has been here since a week ago.

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes