Others "Perfect Bond" dev diary

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

donkiszu

Dec 27, 2020
everything is fine, only Mr. Black, he does not mention when the update will be, he wrote something there in 2-3 months, so you can also expect it in 5-6 months, which is the general date for the update, I do not blame him for this, just let him give us a specific date for the update

Reactions: popang888

tldrake

Sep 5, 2023
Looks like another update full of teasing, waiting for the update when the actual progress starts
That's what I'm ready to see. Unfortunately that's not the case. It's more likely we'll get 250 different angles of bland conversation.

For those of you who are hell bent on defending this god-awful pacing, I want to point out that MrBlack himself originally planned to put out a short scene every month or two:

" Since we have already setup a small story, part B will consists of mostly of short stories/scenes which I think can be released in a month or 2 format. For stories, I will select from the Truebond fans scripts and my own stuffs." - MrBlack, July 2023

He wanted to adjust the pacing to keep the updates coming out quickly. It makes sense at this point in the story to shift in that direction, but he can't because every scene has far too many CGIs. These conversation scenes don't need 45 different slightly different shots. That takes up far too much artistic and processing time for a one man team and it's why this game hasn't seen an update in nearly a year.

Last edited:

tldrake

Sep 5, 2023
Sometimes we pirates behave like entitled little brats.
I'm sure you've seen how many titles have the [ABANDONED] tag. Wouldn't it make sense for people to be a little antsy? This medium, and this niche specifically, are rife with half-finished works. That is being generous and assuming the devs meant to finish them in the first place. You cannot blame people for being critical. I'm not saying this dev's work isn't good, or that we are owed a certain product at a certain time. My entire point is that if the dev scaled the project down a bit, he'd have an easier time putting out the product at a time that aligned with his original schedule.

To put it more bluntly, when a work like this garners popularity and is obviously profitable, a sane dev would just hire an artist or writer or coder to help get the project out so more money could be made and the fans would be satisfied. I'm very skeptical when I don't see that. It's easier to just let a 1/5 finished project rake in monthly donations.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
I'm sure you've seen how many titles have the [ABANDONED] tag. Wouldn't it make sense for people to be a little antsy? This medium, and this niche specifically, are rife with half-finished works. That is being generous and assuming the devs meant to finish them in the first place. You cannot blame people for being critical. I'm not saying this dev's work isn't good, or that we are owed a certain product at a certain time. My entire point is that if the dev scaled the project down a bit, he'd have an easier time putting out the product at a time that aligned with his original schedule.

To put it more bluntly, when a work like this garners popularity and is obviously profitable, a sane dev would just hire an artist or writer or coder to help get the project out so more money could be made and the fans would be satisfied. I'm very skeptical when I don't see that. It's easier to just let a 1/5 finished project rake in monthly donations.
I agree with the dev scammers but this guy isn't making money he's doing this because he's a fan like us. He could just stop anytime he wanted but he continues to work on it despite not receiving anything in return. If anyone deserves criticism is the original that should be criticised.

tldrake

Sep 5, 2023
I agree with the dev scammers but this guy isn't making money he's doing this because he's a fan like us. He could just stop anytime he wanted but he continues to work on it despite not receiving anything in return. If anyone deserves criticism is the original that should be criticised.

I don't think he's making a *lot* of money, but he's definitely got subscribers. Saying he's doing this for nothing is just not accurate. He made a post in July of last year thanking people for donating to the project. He also suggested that people only donate per release, but that didn't stop him from having subscription tiers going up to $20 a month.

I personally don't think he's scamming, I just don't think he planned out the project well. He's not making an original work, he just wants to finish the "True Bond" story. I respect his ambition, I do. However, this project should have been a series of visual novels rather than a full fledged game. Putting out a chapter every 3 months or so would have allowed him to focus on writing the story he wanted, fleshing out the characters, exploring different scenarios, and developing the relationships. All of this would give him creative experience he could then use on creating an original work of his own, which he has stated he wants to do. Instead, he's now bogged down in this massive project that probably just weighs him down since he's not making progress.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
I don't think he's making a *lot* of money, but he's definitely got subscribers. Saying he's doing this for nothing is just not accurate. He made a post in July of last year thanking people for donating to the project. He also suggested that people only donate per release, but that didn't stop him from having subscription tiers going up to $20 a month.

I personally don't think he's scamming, I just don't think he planned out the project well. He's not making an original work, he just wants to finish the "True Bond" story. I respect his ambition, I do. However, this project should have been a series of visual novels rather than a full fledged game. Putting out a chapter every 3 months or so would have allowed him to focus on writing the story he wanted, fleshing out the characters, exploring different scenarios, and developing the relationships. All of this would give him creative experience he could then use on creating an original work of his own, which he has stated he wants to do. Instead, he's now bogged down in this massive project that probably just weighs him down since he's not making progress.
The game is free anyone giving him money is doing it out of kindness and not because it's behind a paywall. As far as I am concerned there should be zero blame or criticism towards this dev other than feedback to improve the game itself as long as the game is free.

tldrake

Sep 5, 2023
...As far as I am concerned there should be zero blame or criticism towards this dev other than feedback to improve the game itself...

That is my exact aim. I don't just wanna shit on random game developers because I'm dissatisfied with the schedule. This guy is a super talented cg artist, and has a pretty good mind for building story tension. I just think he needs to trim the scale of the project back a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: Lvl 9 toaster

love381

Jun 3, 2021
The game is free anyone giving him money is doing it out of kindness and not because it's behind a paywall. As far as I am concerned there should be zero blame or criticism towards this dev other than feedback to improve the game itself as long as the game is free.
Stop whining and defending him for no reason, no one is demanding anything from him and especially not attacking him. People are just interested in the future development plan.

and yes, he's making his pennies off the project.:KappaPride:

Reactions: tldrake

Lvl 9 toaster

Oct 2, 2022
That is my exact aim. I don't just wanna shit on random game developers because I'm dissatisfied with the schedule. This guy is a super talented cg artist, and has a pretty good mind for building story tension. I just think he needs to trim the scale of the project back a bit.
"Pretty good mind of building story tension"?then you clearly don't now cloudlet look what he have to us what it lead to lol

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes